Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Mod Index (Categorized)  (Read 4483585 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Mod Index (Categorized)
« on: June 10, 2011, 12:47:10 PM »

If you want your mod added to this list, PM a moderator. List of moderators. Mods must be compatible with the current version of Starsector to make it on this list, and they may be removed if they fall significantly behind (current cutoff is 0.96a). If you are looking for mods for earlier versions of Starsector, angrytigerp has kindly put together a list here.

This post is intended as a list of all compatible mods with downloads available. To install a mod, download it and unzip it into the "mods" directory. On Windows, it's in the installation directory. On Mac, it's right inside the application package - right-click on the application and select "Show Package Contents" to see it. On Linux, it's in the starsector directory. You can then select which mod(s) you want to run with in the launcher. Mods are listed in alphabetical order within their category.

Key: [SS version] Mod Name and Link by Author
Versions tagged in blue will run in the current release of Starsector. Orange entries are outdated but might still work if you tweak their mod_info.json - use them at your own risk! Versions in red are very unlikely to function correctly.

Total Conversions:
These mods drastically change how the game looks and plays, and are incompatible with other mods (with the exception of library and utility mods).

Megamods:
These massive mods add many new gameplay features to the base game while remaining compatible with standard faction mods.

Content Expansions:
These mods add new content to existing factions.

Faction Mods:
These mods add new factions, systems, ships, and weapons to the base game. You can have multiple faction mods active at a time.

Standalone Utilities:
These are clients and user-made programs with a variety of functions that run on their own and can be launched outside of the game, like mod managers.
Libraries:
These mods extend the game's modding capabilities and are required by some other mods, which won't function properly (or at all) without them. They will function alongside total conversions.

Portrait Packs:
These mods add more selectable portraits for the player character, and potentially add more portraits for officers and factions as well. These will usually work even if extremely outdated, though you'll need to edit mod_info.json to get them to run.

Flag Packs
These mods add flags for the player to choose from for their faction. These will usually work even if extremely outdated, though you'll need to edit mod_info.json to get them to run.

Miscellaneous Mods:
These mods add new features to the game but usually cannot be safely removed from an active game, nor will they work alongside total conversions.

Utility mods:
These mods add new features to the game and can be toggled on/off at will. They will usually function alongside total conversions.

Let us know if we're missing any, OR if we got your intention wrong and you would prefer we shift your mod to a different section.

Important Note: Also, if you want your mod moved from the modding forum into this Mods specialized subforum, PM any of the admins. Note that you'll need a download available generally, and also tested your mod to the point where you have a reasonable expectation of it working on the latest version of the game.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 03:53:49 PM by Thaago »

SeaBee

• Commander
  • The stars are ... alive and breathing
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Index (Categorized)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 02:16:57 AM »

would it be posible to get a list of which mods work together? i love them all but cant work out which ones are compatable with which  ;)
That's a great idea, I just don't know how we can do it yet. So many mods are being updated / improved so quickly that it's kind of a moving target. I'm sure you aren't alone in thinking that would be useful, because I'd like that, too! Once things settle a little (depending on how quickly we get another release), I'm sure we'll get something put together. Maybe a Google Docs spreadsheet, or something similar. Once the game stabilizes, we'll have a wiki and all of that can go there.

I have a feeling we'll end up seeing super-mods being constructed at some point that combine popular mods into prepackaged joy (Mount & Blade fans know what I'm talking about). I've already seen some clever merges showing up.

Aren't these mods fantastic, though? Every time I see a new one I'm impressed by the creativity and cool ideas -- and awesome artwork!

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »

Each mod comes in a zip or rar archive file. You have to extract the contained folder into your starfarer/mods/ folder, and then select the mod you need via the game launch menu.

two of the problems you might have:

1. you put the archived file directly into the mods folder.
2. you extract the contained mod folder into a new folder, thus making the game unable to see it.

Hope that helps, cheers...^^

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 08:54:20 AM »

This thread has been purged and locked because of it's high importance and visibility, combined with the apparent tendency for it to go off the rails in off-topic or inflammatory discussions. Obviously, this means you can no longer request additions via posts.

If you want your mod added to this list, PM a moderator. List of moderators
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:30:04 PM by Trylobot »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2023, 12:14:07 PM »

Just as a reminder to modders: we keep this index up-to-date using the version tags in your thread's title. If your mod works in the current version, please update your title accordingly.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 07:14:33 PM by LazyWizard »