Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1  (Read 421877 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
[0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1
« on: July 18, 2020, 12:22:24 PM »

ScalarTech Solutions is a small faction mod that came about by accident as part of the 10th Starsector AI Fleetbuilding Tournament. It adds a small faction with a decent number of new ships and a single system towards the southeast corner of the sector. I had some decent fun making this and hope you enjoy what came out of it.

Download:
via Patreon

Version 0.9.1

GitHub mirror

Requires:
LazyLib
MagicLib

Recommended:
Version Checker
GraphicsLib

Features:
- A new faction in high tech style -
- Pretty white spaceships -
- Ridiculous carrier technology -
- Lots of pewpew fun -
- A comfy little system at the edge of the core -
- Corporate Democracy -

Ship preview:

Credits:
Tartiflette - Lots of good advice and actually sparking the idea for this
DarkRevenant - Helping me figure out some of the script wizardry in this
MesoTronik - Missile AI stuff and music, hire this man, folks
SirHartley - Some more beautiful artwork
TBDisciple - Translating the mod for the Chinese community
The Starsector Discord - For finding all those bugs for me to fix

Changelogs:

Want to support me financially for whatever reason? I now have a Patreon if you'd like to give some monthly tip money. None of my mods will ever be locked behind any sorts of paywalls, of course. This is purely if you'd like to help me out.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 06:01:58 AM by Nia Tahl »
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say I'm really loving the faction so far, this might actually be my new favourite visually speaking. They kinda feel like vanilla high tech but better, it's really a blast. And everything I've tried so far seems to be well balanced which is weird for a mod that came out not even a week ago lol. Anyways well done on this you glorious son of a gun, hope to see some more unique weapons for them.
Please don't take me too seriously.

haloguy1

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey, just wanted to drop by and say how beautiful your ships are.

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile

does it have any lore connection the the knight templars? The ships design are different but the color scheme is somehow close.

great work. I think in a near future you'll have more factions than vanilla has

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Those ship designs are looking really good. Thank you for making this.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

does it have any lore connection the the knight templars? The ships design are different but the color scheme is somehow close.

great work. I think in a near future you'll have more factions than vanilla has

No. There just are only so many colours in the rainbow. You're gonna get some overlap sooner or later.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I'm not a fan of the reds personally. The whites and blue work nicely together, but the reds aren't common enough, or unique enough (since they're just used on bright light bits, same as the blues), to really jive.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile

So having played with their ships and weapons a fair amount in campaign, I can't help but feel that the Skye is just meh for its cost. In no way am I saying it's a bad ship, it just doesn't feel right when you compare it to the Verge. Its speed sure is nice, though the thing is there's not a dire need for a speedy ship when most of the Scalar ships are already fast. The ship system is really cool but in the end Cycle Accelerator is very close in power. And for these two benefits, the Skye has: less armor and hull, less OP, one less medium missile mount, costs 4 DP and a 100k credits more than the Verge. The two ships feel so similar to play I couldn't help comparing them.

Btw does the Gown appear in markets? I've seen like 30 Filaments already but no Gown yet.
Please don't take me too seriously.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I think you can only get gowns from killing fleets or from the SDTF(or whatever) recquisition fleet

Filaments are freaking nasty though, and I love the little teleport effect fighters get when launching! (or i guess teleporting in lol)

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Great mod! Hope you will give more to us all!
Also you need to add it here.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Caconym

• Ensign
    • View Profile

First off, thanks for the mod, really love the ship designs :).

Secondly, is the Strand meant to absolutely guzzle fuel? Its cost of 7 fuel/ly seems to be significantly higher than all other cruisers, which max out at 5 as far as I could tell from skimming through the codex.

CyreCyre

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Another faction mod, by Nia too. Is it Christmas already? Bless you friend.
My favorite weapon? It's the shovel. You can kill someone with it then bury the body.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

First off, thanks for the mod, really love the ship designs :).

Secondly, is the Strand meant to absolutely guzzle fuel? Its cost of 7 fuel/ly seems to be significantly higher than all other cruisers, which max out at 5 as far as I could tell from skimming through the codex.

Hm, no, not really. I'll adjust that.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile

These might be the nicest ships you've done so far, which is a big compliment considering the high quality of your other mods! Really nice!  :)

Zynirith

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Out of all your faction ships. I love the design for this the most. The colours are very vibrant and blend well together. I also love you mixed both round and square shapes into the design. Overall great mod. The colours also remind me of your Rosenritter faction. Love, there ship designs as well!!

Anywho, really looking forward to any future updates you bring. Also bonus points for making cute anime grilles the CEO of both custom faction mods.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26