Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Galactic Markets 1.0.1 - economy services  (Read 32349 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Galactic Markets 1.0.1 - economy services
« on: November 11, 2020, 02:06:53 AM »

Galactic Markets
Economy services for Starsector

Galactic Markets is a utility mod that allows to check shortages and surpluses, as well as low and high prices of any commodity. Additionally, it allows to track this information in the form of side intel.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 08:33:14 AM by Jaghaimo »

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Galactic Commodities - economy services
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 03:01:08 AM »

Yes! My boy totally rework and adding more comprehensive 4X UI to Starsector!

Btw it is possible to make a makeshift industries menu for colony? You know that Starsector limit Industries and Structure greatly because the UI so many mod that add new building suffer for this, if you can make one it's gonna be great!

Thanks for your hard work mate  ;D
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 10:35:29 AM »

[Edit]
Unfortunately I can't merge the requested posts here without making them the lead posts because we don't have the ability to change post order, sorry! Here are quotes of them at least:

Edit: I have thought more about this, and it will be a new mini-mod (like this or Stellar Logistics) - "Commodity Exchange - economy services for Starsector". Here are some ambitious ideas for the new mod:
Yes!  ;D  Sooo excited!! The names should probably sound more cohesive, tho. HyperNet Search / HyperNet Logistics / HyperNet ComEx

Quote from: Jaghaimo
Basic: Mod will let you view surplus / shortage of commodities.
Basic: Mod will let you check low/high for given commodities
This is it exactly! Don't forget to filter out markets that the player has no access to through the Comm Relays.

Optional (certain): Mod will let you purchase and sell commodities remotely (e.g. buys to storage and sells from storage).
I trust that there would be a strict requirement? Perhaps a high rep with the Quartermaster? It seems almost OP if its too easy. Would you be able to purchase the storage remotely as well?

Optional (unlikely): Allow short positions - sell commodities you don't have (so you are at -X), having to repurchase them back at a given time (to be at 0 again).
To me, that kind of power to the player is too much. I'm glad those are optional. I'd rather see the merchants declare short selling as illegal.

Yes!  ;D  Sooo excited!! The names should probably sound more cohesive, tho. HyperNet Search / HyperNet Logistics / HyperNet ComEx
One thing software developers consistently fail at is naming things. Jokes asides, I like my names :)

This is it exactly! Don't forget to filter out markets that the player has no access to through the Comm Relays.

This is going to be a pain to relay (badumtss) in a way that does not require additional explanation. E.g. market is in a system with no Comms Array - technically no info should be coming from it. There's also a second check where the player has to be within Comms Array range. There's a reason both are ignored in HyperNET (and Stellics), perhaps I should revisit this...

I trust that there would be a strict requirement? Perhaps a high rep with the Quartermaster? It seems almost OP if its too easy. Would you be able to purchase the storage remotely as well?

I dropped the priority on this to "likely". It's still a vague idea (whishlist) and everything is possible. Will revisit after 1.0.0 release. It would not be OP since:
  • You only trade on legal markets, thus you have to pay tariff, and
  • Your purchase ends in the storage, thus you have to pay monthly upkeep,
By the time the price on that market turned from low to high (say some unknown perpetrator disrupted Spaceport) you will have already lost money through above mentioned fees.

To me, that kind of power to the player is too much. I'm glad those are optional. I'd rather see the merchants declare short selling as illegal.

Welcome to futures contracts. Honestly, this and modern stock exchanges feel like fraud to me. Still, if there's a demand for something, someone will sell it. It is so low on my to-do list that it will unlikely materialize (remember I have other mods to maintain / expand).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 10:42:00 AM by Thaago »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 07:13:52 AM »

Here is an early preview of Galactic Commodities main board (yes, it looks like big brother of commodity F1 tooltip):

Many questions are still unanswered:
  • How to provide trade suggestions (e.g. You can earn X if you buy 1000 Food on Nachiketa and sell it on Qaras)
  • How to navigate the board (e.g. current board only lets you to pick one commodity at a time)?
  • How to limit markets displayed in tables (e.g. disable pirate or hostile markets)?
  • How to issue small intel for a market (e.g. show me the cheapest supplies available)?
  • How to select which commodities / markets are displayed in small intel (e.g. show me X lowest selling markets for Y commodity)?

The UI and mod will get updated as those questions get answered and I build acceptable workflows.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 05:58:33 AM by Jaghaimo »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 10:57:37 AM »

I drool with anticipation...
You are my hero, Jaghaimo

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Galactic Markets - economy services
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 02:25:45 PM »

Sorry for the delay, had to take some rest after a rather busy month at work.
The mod is expanding, still no public release though.
Reimplemented tabs behaviour (again, using buttons) and continue towards getting side list populated with desired intels (last item before release, few technical issues to iron out).
Should have a release by the end of this year, Jan at latest.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 02:52:43 PM »

Looks great!

PromethiumAddict

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 11:05:19 PM »

this will be usefull im doing a trader playthrough with the dynamic tariffs mod and need a better way to check proper prices

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2020, 02:42:24 PM »

Pre-release is available (release candidate - if there are no bugs I will release it as 1.0.0).
I have decided for pre-release as I am away for holidays and can't fully test it myself. Please report any bugs and usability issues here.

https://github.com/jaghaimo/galmart/releases/tag/0.9.9

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 02:55:20 PM by Jaghaimo »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2020, 02:50:21 PM »

I burble with anticipation. Into my list it goes. Thank you, Jaghaimo.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Galactic Markets 1.0.0 - economy services
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 08:45:33 AM »

Just looking at the screenshots, doesn't it spoil the locations of fringe pirate/pather bases? Or do they only get listed if the player has discovered them?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Galactic Markets 1.0.0 - economy services
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 10:21:17 AM »

You were right, I forgot my usual filter (remove hidden market, all my mods have them removed by default). Bug fixed in 1.0.1.

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Galactic Markets 1.0.1 - economy services
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2021, 09:14:29 PM »

when installed with mods that add extra items the commodity market viewer starts bleeding into the rest of the menu

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 02:34:58 PM »

when installed with mods that add extra items the commodity market viewer starts bleeding into the rest of the menu
I know, same problem with HyperNET when you have lots of results. It is unfixable in this Starsector version (fixing it breaks buttons). Alex has fixed it for 0.9.5, and I will fix my side when the next version is out.

Morzord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2021, 07:05:12 AM »

I'm running this on the current version of the game with various faction, arsenal, misc, and Utility mods after changing the game version in the mod.info file to the current version. It seems to be working perfectly with no problem.
Pages: [1] 2