Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 407

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.2c "Concert of Persea" (update 2024-06-15)  (Read 3203727 times)

Clockwokis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Nexerelin v0.11.0b "Dark Tower" (fixes 2023-06-17)
« Reply #5670 on: November 06, 2023, 06:53:48 PM »

is there a way to change the planet and colony you start on in own faction start? i tend to get wildly different quality planets, sometimes with starbases i dont want and then im forced to rebuild them, is there any plan for more starting planet customization?

laodie666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: November 07, 2023, 04:29:29 PM »

I've encountered a bug with the new strategic ai.

When you purchase the governorship of a planet the strategic ai would still plan to build on that planet but couldn't because the player is managing it, and thus it just shows the remaining time to be -1 days

also side question do autonomous colonies under the player empire build up with the player faction's strategic ai? and how does faction income influence strategic ai? I'm just curious lol cuz its a great feature and I wish to learn more about it

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5672 on: November 07, 2023, 11:58:05 PM »

Thanks for this great mod :).

Task Forces should be able to automatically recover ships.. otherwise its just too expensive and too much work for the benefit :/
No problem~
Might add an automatable command to do that someday!

is there a way to change the planet and colony you start on in own faction start? i tend to get wildly different quality planets, sometimes with starbases i dont want and then im forced to rebuild them, is there any plan for more starting planet customization?
Currently it just picks the 'best' planet it thinks it can find and then builds some stuff it thinks suitable. You can just downgrade or dismantle industries you don't want, but other than that a custom star system setup is something I've considered for the future.

When you purchase the governorship of a planet the strategic ai would still plan to build on that planet but couldn't because the player is managing it, and thus it just shows the remaining time to be -1 days

also side question do autonomous colonies under the player empire build up with the player faction's strategic ai? and how does faction income influence strategic ai? I'm just curious lol cuz its a great feature and I wish to learn more about it
Thanks for the catch, I'll fix!

For the questions: Player faction's strategic AI is display-only and shouldn't take any actions (in the Discord beta version; IIRC v0.11.0b is bugged here); this includes autonomous colonies. Currently faction income isn't used for anything; I've wondered whether giving the AIs actual money to manage would be good/bad.

DataFlo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: November 08, 2023, 10:55:04 AM »

not sure why but i cant accept peace from any faction   when i try the game crashes and i get this
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.diplomacy.CeasefirePromptIntel.accept(CeasefirePromptIntel.java:165)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.diplomacy.CeasefirePromptIntel.buttonPressConfirmed(CeasefirePromptIntel.java:186)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.L.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.new.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.n.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.W.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

laodie666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: November 08, 2023, 11:30:16 AM »

Thanks for the catch, I'll fix!

For the questions: Player faction's strategic AI is display-only and shouldn't take any actions (in the Discord beta version; IIRC v0.11.0b is bugged here); this includes autonomous colonies. Currently faction income isn't used for anything; I've wondered whether giving the AIs actual money to manage would be good/bad.

Tbh I thought autonomous colony are just colonies that develop on their own so player doesn’t need to micromanage lol. I used to play a lot of stellaris so I’m quite traumatized about micromanaging.

About the player faction strategic ai, IMO I think there should be actions taken by the player faction strategic ai as it doesn’t make sense for the player as the faction leader managing all of the factions’ colonies and calling shots and raids and invasions for everything. It would be a cool idea if the player faction strategic ai can proposé suggestions to the player or ask for permissions to do things (inspiration from distant world)

Lastly about ai money budgeting, it sounds difficulty to implement tho personally I would like to see it happen :D as in this game the ai only need to manage one resource, which is money, it probs makes the implementation much ezier. Available money reserve could be used for everything such as building, raiding, invasion, etc, and the allocation could be determined by the priority of the strategic ai. Sounds very fitting of the current implementation of the strategic ai.

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: November 08, 2023, 06:24:55 PM »

Is it possible to alter the spawn quality of an exerelinInvasionSupportFleet?

Also, strings.json is missing "IntelDesc_recruitAgent_failurePlayer"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 07:22:54 PM by vicegrip »

CptBeacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: November 08, 2023, 09:06:50 PM »

hi i'm having the following crash

here is the log
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/t8u7plracpds0es9qk3ro/starsector.log?rlkey=yq9lyl6akqcfuengvfa9wjrl4&dl=0

it happenend with both just uaf, and some other mods, it happens a bit into the game, 6 and 10 months in with both saves.

do tell if you need more info

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5677 on: November 10, 2023, 06:10:40 AM »

not sure why but i cant accept peace from any faction   when i try the game crashes and i get this
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.diplomacy.CeasefirePromptIntel.accept(CeasefirePromptIntel.java:165)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.diplomacy.CeasefirePromptIntel.buttonPressConfirmed(CeasefirePromptIntel.java:186)

For now, don't accept the ceasefire offer if you're already at maximum relations with the faction (can be lower than +100 depending on commissioning faction and if you've sat bombed anyone). This bug is fixed in the Discord beta version of Nex.

hi i'm having the following crash
Your copy of Nex is out of date; you should download the new version from this thread :)

Is it possible to alter the spawn quality of an exerelinInvasionSupportFleet?

Also, strings.json is missing "IntelDesc_recruitAgent_failurePlayer"
Not directly, but detecting the fleet spawn in a CampaignEventListener and modifying the quality figure in the inflater params might do the job?
Code: java
((DefaultFleetInflaterParams)fleet.getInflater().getParams()).quality;

For the missing string, the recruitment isn't supposed to fail in the first place; I've attempted a fix in the beta.

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: November 10, 2023, 12:38:53 PM »

Is there a way to disable the strategic AI intel tab when strategic AI is enabled? While the information is useful, having access to all faction's detailed intentions and planned actions is a bit immersion breaking.

DeclanFrost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: November 12, 2023, 11:10:31 AM »

I can't choose any other target than supplies when destroying commodity stocks with my operatives. Never seen this bug before. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Jonathan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: November 14, 2023, 07:24:19 AM »

This mod is so goood!! Thanks.

One thing though.. that has annoyed me quite a few times.. I request fleets for invasions and they get cancelled because my faction raises the standing with the faction I try to invade...  Just now, 4 fleets for 4 different invasions got cancelled.. and I am far away from any station or planet.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5681 on: November 14, 2023, 08:18:07 AM »

Is there a way to disable the strategic AI intel tab when strategic AI is enabled? While the information is useful, having access to all faction's detailed intentions and planned actions is a bit immersion breaking.
I'll see about adding one for next version.

I can't choose any other target than supplies when destroying commodity stocks with my operatives. Never seen this bug before. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Oops looks like a bug in the beta. Thanks for report, lemme see about fixing it...
Wow stuff is more broken than I thought, but this will do for now (place in Nexerelin/jars)

One thing though.. that has annoyed me quite a few times.. I request fleets for invasions and they get cancelled because my faction raises the standing with the faction I try to invade...  Just now, 4 fleets for 4 different invasions got cancelled.. and I am far away from any station or planet.
Yeah that sounds annoying. IIRC in the beta I've at least made it refund part of the fleet price (amount depends on how far in it got), and the strategic AI might make it less likely to happen in the first place.

Actually, were the invasions all targeted at a specific faction? I've heard of a potential bug that causes player-requested invasions to be cancelled due to sudden peace.

Jonathan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: November 14, 2023, 08:24:28 AM »

I'll see about adding one for next version.

Oops looks like a bug in the beta. Thanks for report, lemme see about fixing it...
Wow stuff is more broken than I thought, but this will do for now (place in Nexerelin/jars)

Yeah that sounds annoying. IIRC in the beta I've at least made it refund part of the fleet price (amount depends on how far in it got), and the strategic AI might make it less likely to happen in the first place.

Actually, were the invasions all targeted at a specific faction? I've heard of a potential bug that causes player-requested invasions to be cancelled due to sudden peace.

Yes!!! I targeted 4 different  Hegemony planets / stations   and due to the sudden peace of my alliance towards Hegemony  all got cancelled... I got money back (not sure how much though).   This has happened several times to me!  I mean generally it would be allright if you had the option to continue with the invasion  ...
Also all vengenance fleets following me just got cancelled...

IceFire

• Lieutenant
  • If you find typos, keep them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: November 15, 2023, 01:12:41 PM »

Quick question does "creditLossOnColonyLossMult" apply to a fraction of the colony profit deducted from the total credits?
Saturation bombardment doesnt lower permanent faction relations for npcs right?
Is revengepointsperenemyfp already halfed or is that the value for hard that will be halved?
Does officer perma death have a percentage? (like 50%) I dont see one just want to ask.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 01:38:27 PM by IceFire »

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: November 16, 2023, 09:30:58 AM »

I just want to say, I did the Fragments quest again last night, and really like the hullmods. not sure how new of an addition they are, but a welcome one. Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 407