Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.h - Campaign content expansion  (Read 370699 times)

Droll

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.h - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1185 on: January 25, 2022, 12:12:55 PM »

Ah yes, the absolutely balanced(tm) get-an-alpha-core-free-every-month delivery service that does not circumvent the core gameplay loop at all.
To be honest, [REDACTED] farming stops being a challenge and becomes a chore real fast. Automating that process with Kletkas is less about making money, but saving time. Why harvest your 50th [REDACTED] crop from your designated high-danger system when Chico hasn't been glassed yet?

Also, how close are Courier Ports to being fixed? I would enjoy not having to manually supply my Supercomputers+derelict industries like some barbarian.

Courier Ports seem very fixed to me to the point I didn't realize they were even broken. I use a courier port to send a single kletka alpha core from my stockpile directly to the industrial storage of the supercomputer every cycle. Works like a dream.

lyravega

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 25, 2022, 12:19:07 PM »

Ah yes, the absolutely balanced(tm) get-an-alpha-core-free-every-month delivery service that does not circumvent the core gameplay loop at all.
To be honest, [REDACTED] farming stops being a challenge and becomes a chore real fast. Automating that process with Kletkas is less about making money, but saving time. Why harvest your 50th [REDACTED] crop from your designated high-danger system when Chico hasn't been glassed yet?

Also, how close are Courier Ports to being fixed? I would enjoy not having to manually supply my Supercomputers+derelict industries like some barbarian.

Courier Ports seem very fixed to me to the point I didn't realize they were even broken. I use a courier port to send a single kletka alpha core from my stockpile directly to the industrial storage of the supercomputer every cycle. Works like a dream.

I tried to set up a template triangle, though after deconstruction, it stays at 0-delay for me. Had to recreate the route from deconstructor to forge every month. Aside from that, everything works fine as far as I can tell.

For the template triangle, I had to enable the 'template teleport' options in the end. I'd be fine if there was a middle ground - automatic courier handling for the templates would've been nice.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 25, 2022, 03:47:17 PM »

They seem to start messing up after a decent number of repeated deliveries. I had mine set up to deliver Gammas from my storage to my Supercomputer every couple months and they eventually started failing despite the source and the destination literally orbiting the same ice giant.
I reported it before and Hartley acknowledged that it was bugged right now, but I don't see anything in the change log saying that it's been fixed.

Droll

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 25, 2022, 04:46:29 PM »

They seem to start messing up after a decent number of repeated deliveries. I had mine set up to deliver Gammas from my storage to my Supercomputer every couple months and they eventually started failing despite the source and the destination literally orbiting the same ice giant.
I reported it before and Hartley acknowledged that it was bugged right now, but I don't see anything in the change log saying that it's been fixed.

Weird, in my case the start and end are in two different systems but I haven't had a single delivery fail.

SirHartley

• Captain
    • View Profile

Ports are in a strange place right now - they do work, and they even work reliably, right up until they suddenly don't, for no reason.

I am currently reworking them entirely, removing insurance, simplifying the code and behaviour, and making a new (Proper) UI for them so they aren't as clunky.

However, this comes with a complete re-write of the code, which takes time.

It won't be as "Simulated" anymore with fleets getting ignored by enemies, but honestly, this mod is in need of more simplification anyway, and I'll take reliability over accuracy any day in my games.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]