Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 407

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.2c "Concert of Persea" (update 2024-06-15)  (Read 3203696 times)

ZWRiddle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Nexerelin v0.11.0b "Dark Tower" (fixes 2023-06-17)
« Reply #5685 on: November 17, 2023, 08:16:34 AM »

I have encountered repeating crashes when my "operative" working in "internal security mode" finish a mission and tries to determine the outcome. the error log was:

2728503 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["HA_patherBasePerActiveCell"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["HA_patherBasePerActiveCell"] not found.
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.int(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getInt(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.agents.InfiltrateCell.removeLuddicCell(InfiltrateCell.java:148)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.agents.InfiltrateCell.onSuccess(InfiltrateCell.java:59)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.agents.CovertActionIntel.execute(CovertActionIntel.java:407)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.agents.CovertActionIntel.advanceImpl(CovertActionIntel.java:487)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.agents.InfiltrateCell.advanceImpl(InfiltrateCell.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseIntelPlugin.advance(BaseIntelPlugin.java:78)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["HA_patherBasePerActiveCell"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getDouble(JSONObject.java:445)
   ... 16 more

Does anyone has similar issues or have any idea about why this is happening? My current solution was to just disable all internal security modes.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: November 17, 2023, 09:00:08 AM »

hey I was wondering if it was possible to make lunalib settings an option you can disable since there are certain limitations in there which prevent doing fun things like setting the colony expedition values to negative ones for example leading to mass colonizations from all factions and such...

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5687 on: November 17, 2023, 04:56:54 PM »

hey I was wondering if it was possible to make lunalib settings an option you can disable since there are certain limitations in there which prevent doing fun things like setting the colony expedition values to negative ones for example leading to mass colonizations from all factions and such...
The beta version of Nex allows exerelin_config.json file values to replace the Luna min/max values if they're lower/higher.
For anything in settings.json, you'll have to overwrite in code.

I have encountered repeating crashes when my "operative" working in "internal security mode" finish a mission and tries to determine the outcome. the error log was:

2728503 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["HA_patherBasePerActiveCell"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["HA_patherBasePerActiveCell"] not found.
Make sure you're on Starsector 0.96-RC10 (download and run the latest installer if you're behind). If you're up to date, perhaps some values were somehow lost from the settings.json file, get a new one (or reinstall to have the installer restore the file).

Quick question does "creditLossOnColonyLossMult" apply to a fraction of the colony profit deducted from the total credits?
Saturation bombardment doesnt lower permanent faction relations for npcs right?
Is revengepointsperenemyfp already halfed or is that the value for hard that will be halved?
Does officer perma death have a percentage? (like 50%) I dont see one just want to ask.
  • It's a fraction of the player's credit balance (the one at bottom-left of screen), taking into account the lost colony's size (as a share of player faction's total market size) but not its profitability. Copying the tooltip in the LunaLib settings menu: "The proportion of total credits lost is equal to the market size divided by the total size of all markets in the faction, multiplied by this number. It is doubled on Starfarer mode, and cannot exceed 75%."

e.g. you have one size 6 colony, one size 4 colony and 10M credits, the setting is 0.5.
    You lose the size 4, which is 40% your current faction size, so lose 10M * 0.4 * 0.5 = 2M credits
  • Nope!
  • It's before the halving.
  • It's a bit complex.

Officers have a 50% chance (changeable in settings.json) to escape the ship when disabled/destroyed, improved by crew survivability modifiers like Blast Doors.
    If they don't escape, they have a 75% chance (changeable in settings.json) to be found as a survivor afterwards if the ship was only disabled (didn't break up). If it was destroyed and broke up, the survival chance is zero.
    Also any non-escaped officers will be lost if the player fleet leaves the battle before it's won.

I might change the system a bit, although it may be better to simply use the Price of Command mod by AtlanticAccent (in development; available on the unofficial Discord server).

Aranov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: November 17, 2023, 06:27:33 PM »

Quick question, Is the player supposed to auto-join an alliance if they have their own faction?
My faction keeps forming an alliance with Tri-Tech without me being asked. Happened twice so far.

On that note, any way to turn off alliances for just the player?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5689 on: November 17, 2023, 08:37:08 PM »

It's a bug in the strategic AI in 0.11.0b; you should turn it off or use the Discord beta version.

On that note, any way to turn off alliances for just the player?
No, but (it's intended that) you can just not join alliances if you're not commissioned :)

Aranov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: November 18, 2023, 07:38:09 AM »

I see, Thank you for the direct link! and for your work on this mod.

Now that I have some time with the beta version, two suggestions.

1. Strategic AI for pirates, they are turning into the sector's punching bag. And one could argue they do have leadership under Warlord Kanta.

2. Reputation history log. For some reason the Diktat has gone full -100 to me and the independents, was a bit of a shock when I went to fuel up.
Not seeing anything in intel to explain this.
EDIT: I think I know what happen with the Diktat now, think it was a DIY planet industry I built. Still doesn't explain the Indie hate, but whatever
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 08:04:32 AM by Aranov »

IceFire

• Lieutenant
  • If you find typos, keep them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: November 18, 2023, 09:24:51 AM »

Spoiler
The beta version of Nex allows exerelin_config.json file values to replace the Luna min/max values if they're lower/higher.
For anything in settings.json, you'll have to overwrite in code.

Make sure you're on Starsector 0.96-RC10 (download and run the latest installer if you're behind). If you're up to date, perhaps some values were somehow lost from the settings.json file, get a new one (or reinstall to have the installer restore the file).

Quick question does "creditLossOnColonyLossMult" apply to a fraction of the colony profit deducted from the total credits?
Saturation bombardment doesnt lower permanent faction relations for npcs right?
Is revengepointsperenemyfp already halfed or is that the value for hard that will be halved?
Does officer perma death have a percentage? (like 50%) I dont see one just want to ask.
  • It's a fraction of the player's credit balance (the one at bottom-left of screen), taking into account the lost colony's size (as a share of player faction's total market size) but not its profitability. Copying the tooltip in the LunaLib settings menu: "The proportion of total credits lost is equal to the market size divided by the total size of all markets in the faction, multiplied by this number. It is doubled on Starfarer mode, and cannot exceed 75%."

e.g. you have one size 6 colony, one size 4 colony and 10M credits, the setting is 0.5.
    You lose the size 4, which is 40% your current faction size, so lose 10M * 0.4 * 0.5 = 2M credits
  • Nope!
  • It's before the halving.
  • It's a bit complex.

Officers have a 50% chance (changeable in settings.json) to escape the ship when disabled/destroyed, improved by crew survivability modifiers like Blast Doors.
    If they don't escape, they have a 75% chance (changeable in settings.json) to be found as a survivor afterwards if the ship was only disabled (didn't break up). If it was destroyed and broke up, the survival chance is zero.
    Also any non-escaped officers will be lost if the player fleet leaves the battle before it's won.

I might change the system a bit, although it may be better to simply use the Price of Command mod by AtlanticAccent (in development; available on the unofficial Discord server).
[close]
Thanks for the answers.

I will check it out, but your system. They dont apply to taskforce do they?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 03:08:59 AM by IceFire »

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: November 23, 2023, 11:42:56 PM »

Thx for the direct link!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5693 on: November 24, 2023, 05:55:04 PM »

I will check it out, but your system. They dont apply to taskforce do they?
Officers in task groups won't die, no.

Kawira

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • INDIE GAMES NEWS NETWORK
« Reply #5694 on: November 25, 2023, 06:49:57 AM »

Probably stupid question but I didn't find the answer in search. How do I start with existing faction but no starting planets?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5695 on: November 27, 2023, 04:56:19 PM »

Probably stupid question but I didn't find the answer in search. How do I start with existing faction but no starting planets?
Free start option is supposed to do this. If you get a starting planet anyway, that's a bug I've never been able to reproduce, modlist + list of new game starting options might help.

Sedrido

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: November 28, 2023, 07:32:19 PM »

Hello i hope you guys are having a good Day/Night i have no idea what this means (or if i copied the right thing at all) but my game is crashing and giving me this.
 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: exerelin/campaign/ui/CustomPanelPluginWithInput$ButtonEntry
   at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.groundbattle.plugins.AbilityPlugin.loadPlugin(AbilityPlugin.java:358)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.groundbattle.GroundBattleSide.<init>(GroundBattleSide.java:63)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.groundbattle.GroundBattleIntel.<init>(GroundBattleIntel.java:151)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.groundbattle.GBUtils.estimateTotalDefenderStrength(GBUtils.java:114)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.invasion.InvasionIntel.setMarineCount(InvasionIntel.java:203)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.invasion.InvasionIntel.init(InvasionIntel.java:122)
   at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionOrRaidFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:835)
   at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionOrRaidFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:787)
   at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionOrRaidFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:517)
   at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:1059)
   at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.advance(InvasionFleetManager.java:1463)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: exerelin.campaign.ui.CustomPanelPluginWithInput$ButtonEntry
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
what do i do  :(

Genericname

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: November 28, 2023, 09:26:10 PM »

yeah I've seen that one before, is from Arma Armatura (the mod that adds mechs) there is a fix on the mods page (the first one, where you download it) in all caps, download it, then go to \Starsector\mods\SS-armaa-master\jars and delete arma.jar, then place the file you downloaded there.  ;)

Sedrido

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: November 28, 2023, 11:45:46 PM »

problem is i dont have arma installed so i dont think that ones causing it

Genericname

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: November 29, 2023, 12:54:52 AM »

strange, that crash is the same from arma armatura, welp sorry i couldnĀ“t help :(
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 407