Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013431 times)

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5b "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-09-17)
« Reply #4980 on: November 22, 2022, 12:43:28 PM »

Hello, I have some ideas which might be cool to have.

First one about selling blueprints at Prism Free Port, how about option option to make independent faction able to teach blueprints which players sell them? Like pirates do when you sell them at black market? Its funny what only player and pirates know how to use blueprints, but rest of factions is not, and I'd like to have more options to affect the sector. Also I think its might be expanded to other faction as well, so they can teach sold blueprints, but limit it by their doctrine, like if faction is Midline, it will teach only Midline blueprints and so on.

Second about alliances, I think cool ideas, raise relation with faction for all factions of alliance which player joined, lets say you want some faction to join your alliance. And another idea, is simple alliance relation, like when faction joins alliance, they have shared relationship with all other factions, and work like one faction in this regard.

And about relations, some mods force max relationship between two faction, I think cool idea to make game more random is option to ignore max relationships. Also about options, I think good one is marine multiplier for invasions, and option not to send futile invasions, where faction sends invasion force less than needed for capture.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: November 22, 2022, 01:13:34 PM »

Hello, I have some ideas which might be cool to have.

First one about selling blueprints at Prism Free Port, how about option option to make independent faction able to teach blueprints which players sell them? Like pirates do when you sell them at black market? Its funny what only player and pirates know how to use blueprints, but rest of factions is not, and I'd like to have more options to affect the sector. Also I think its might be expanded to other faction as well, so they can teach sold blueprints, but limit it by their doctrine, like if faction is Midline, it will teach only Midline blueprints and so on.

Second about alliances, I think cool ideas, raise relation with faction for all factions of alliance which player joined, lets say you want some faction to join your alliance. And another idea, is simple alliance relation, like when faction joins alliance, they have shared relationship with all other factions, and work like one faction in this regard.

And about relations, some mods force max relationship between two faction, I think cool idea to make game more random is option to ignore max relationships. Also about options, I think good one is marine multiplier for invasions, and option not to send futile invasions, where faction sends invasion force less than needed for capture.
I always thought they don't use them more due to doctrinal conservatism, not due to inability. Hege is not gonna roll out paragons, even if they have the BP.

calantlar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: November 25, 2022, 12:10:19 PM »

So I recently got my own colony back after it being invaded.
However instead of being returned to my faction it was given to the Roider Union (Roider comission).
I can now buy the governship but its still roider union and not my own faction, do I need to ensign with my own faction for it to return to me or something?
You can get the colony back by choosing the 'take' option in the ground battle's intel screen (this should have no rep penalty if it was originally your own colony, but I haven't verified if this still works).
If you already missed the decision window, enter setmarketowner <planet name> player in the Console Commands console.

I keep getting an error when i try to launch with nexerelin. Due to the fact my pc is not able to be hooked up to the internet rn can i get a discord tag or something so i can shsre my starsector lol with you? I keep getting an obj json error
Are you the one who pinged me on Discord the other day?
If not, at a guess you need to navigate to the Starsector website and download the newest installer (I'd recommend tethering your phone to PC rather than downloading it direct to phone).

So I've been trying to get a specific behaviour set up.

I want to run non-random core worlds, with invasions on BUT with one caveat, I don't want them to invade any of the core worlds, I want to have the AI factions fight only for colonies established after the game starts.

Now I saw that some planets are blocked from invasion if you have the story planets invasion protection on, is there a way I can extend this protection to the rest of the inhabited core worlds so I get the above behaviour and if so how do I go about doing so?
Copy and paste the following into console:
Code: java
runcode for (MarketAPI market : Global.getSector().getEconomy().getMarketsCopy()) {
if (market.getMemoryWithoutUpdate().getBoolean("$nex_npcColony")) {
continue;
}
if ("player".equals(market.getMemoryWithoutUpdate().getString("$startingFactionId"))) {
continue; /* don't protect player-founded colonies */
}
Misc.makeStoryCritical(market, "$i_dont_want_invasions");
}
(note that colonies created by Vayra's Sector factions will also be protected)

Would it be possible to filter or disable blueprints in the faction starting bonus? Having enough mods makes it extremely slow in the window.
Sorry, can't be disabled currently! Maybe a setting in the future.
(Also I'll try to find out what's causing this slowdown and report to Alex if relevant)

i know that this kinda defats the purpose of this mod but is there any way to make it vanilla as possible as i only use it cause the uaf mod requires it and not for any of the 4x aspects as i pefrer how vanilla starsector handles factions
The big thing you probably want to disable is invasions (and sat bombs), with the enableInvasions and allowNPCSatBomb settings
You could also disable diplomacy by editing its file in the config folder (make the event interval super long), and re-enable the vanilla hostility system with console (copy and paste the following):
Code: java
runcode import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.FactionHostilityManager;
FactionHostilityManager fhm = new FactionHostilityManager();
Global.getSector().addScript(fhm);

If you look around, there may also be other stuff you might choose to mess with (just try not to blow up your game in the process).

Much appreciated, will try this next run for sure.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: November 27, 2022, 09:03:17 PM »

I noticed an issue but it seems like for invasions the game isn't properly calculating if it's outmatched or not.  An invasion fleet with 3 flotillas was labeled outmatched against a 400% fleet power fleet, but the actual ships were able to easily beat the fleets using the auto-resolve mechanic.  That indicates to me that the fleets aren't being calculated accurately.  I also noticed that invasion fleets similarly are always "evenly matched" even when it's overwhelming in advantage, and it's basically impossible to see an invasion fleet spawn that's not powerful enough to actually invade a planet (of like a few dozen invasions that happened of my planets, only one was unsuccessful without player intervention).

EDIT:  I also noticed, but if a colony gets Decivilized none of the factions seem interested in trying to recolonize it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 07:58:44 PM by Reshy »

tinchek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: December 04, 2022, 03:40:26 PM »

Can my faction or my Alliance faction use my awakened gates?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4985 on: December 04, 2022, 05:36:50 PM »

Can my faction or my Alliance faction use my awakened gates?
NPCs can't use gates, and it probably wouldn't be feasible for me to change this :-X

I noticed an issue but it seems like for invasions the game isn't properly calculating if it's outmatched or not.  An invasion fleet with 3 flotillas was labeled outmatched against a 400% fleet power fleet, but the actual ships were able to easily beat the fleets using the auto-resolve mechanic.  That indicates to me that the fleets aren't being calculated accurately. I also noticed that invasion fleets similarly are always "evenly matched" even when it's overwhelming in advantage, and it's basically impossible to see an invasion fleet spawn that's not powerful enough to actually invade a planet (of like a few dozen invasions that happened of my planets, only one was unsuccessful without player intervention).
By auto-resolve do you mean you actually go into the system and watch the fleets fight each other?

The strength estimate and 'far' autoresolve (when player isn't anywhere near the system, so the fleets are purely abstracted instead of appearing on campaign map) just adds up the strength in 'fleet points' for the attacking and defending faction, and compares the two numbers.
But if the player is close enough that fleets are actually generated, they can end up doing things like repeatedly the invasion fleets always locally overpowering patrols that fail to concentrate force against the attackers. Or conversely, they could wander into a hostile third party's battlestation and die that way.

HOWEVER even in far autoresolve the estimate still seems unreliable. Next playthrough I'll probably make it print debug data to show the actual strengths of participating fleets and see if funky things are going on.

EDIT:  I also noticed, but if a colony gets Decivilized none of the factions seem interested in trying to recolonize it.
Factions can resettle decivilized colonies that the specific faction previously owned (and should do so with a very high priority if it was a core world colony). The faction that previously owned the colony may just not have been picked for colony expeditions; else, I may need to look into it.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: December 05, 2022, 01:23:00 AM »

Here's some example of weird colonization oversights in my current playthrough:

Seems like they eventually did recolonize some of them, but there's still a lot of decivilized worlds from frequent invasions that weren't ever reclaimed.  Maybe they're too marginal even if they're habitable?  Not sure.  I did scoop up a couple of the ones that were decivlized (like Diable Avionic's Silvie, a class V)

Also, is it possible to get some tweaks to the reputation system to make it a bit less... silly at times?  Transponders are a pretty big one, even factions who are Welcoming, Friendly, and even Cooperative still get pissy about transponders even if you're "well known across the faction" and are willing to go to war over it.  No diplomatic immunity if you're an established faction, no ignoring the violation if you're friendly to them, no bribing them to look the other way, and they'll still bother you even if you're clearly an invasion fleet looking to gobble up any flounders that wander near you on your way to invade their world while running dark (Really, pickets should maintain contact on much larger fleets if their transponders are off rather than suicide diving to ask them about their license plates).

Similar case with Colony creation, if a faction is "Cooperative" and you're benefiting from trade concessions, that ought to cover establishing a colony in their systems and probably shouldn't ever do expeditions on your faction.  It's kinda like if Britian sent in a team to sabotage or capture the industries of a france principality, it just doesn't make sense to do so given the political climate.  Or if Germany attacked a US military base inside of their borders, just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe worth looking at Saturation Bombings too, the AI factions don't seem to care reputation wise if it happens between two AIs, but if the player does it you get into a hot war with everyone.  Realistically, it should have a more gradual curve.  Allies of the faction that got bombed should get a pretty sizable loss in reputation (let's say 30-40) with you, neutrals to the faction that got bombed lose maybe like 20 reputation with you, and enemies lose maybe 10 reputation with you if any at all.  It should also apply to AI factions as it's kinda weird that factions will saturation bomb each other and that seems to matter less to the political climate of the system than a jilted wedding arrangement. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 01:36:30 AM by Reshy »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4987 on: December 05, 2022, 06:01:32 PM »

Marie-Galante is already decivilized at the start of the game. Perinthus is (well, was) pirate, and pirates don't [re]colonize. Both are bad enough that a different faction might not otherwise pick them up. (I forget if DME has also applied the do-not-colonize tags to Marie-Galante)

Also, is it possible to get some tweaks to the reputation system to make it a bit less... silly at times? Transponders are a pretty big one, even factions who are Welcoming, Friendly, and even Cooperative still get pissy about transponders even if you're "well known across the faction" and are willing to go to war over it.  No diplomatic immunity if you're an established faction, no ignoring the violation if you're friendly to them, no bribing them to look the other way, and they'll still bother you even if you're clearly an invasion fleet looking to gobble up any flounders that wander near you on your way to invade their world while running dark (Really, pickets should maintain contact on much larger fleets if their transponders are off rather than suicide diving to ask them about their license plates).
I found a way to mess with the rep penalty for being caught with your transponder off, so I might well remove it in a future version. It's the most annoying part of the mechanic, especially if it happens to push you over the hostile threshold.
Sadly I don't have a way to change the behavior of patrol fleets regarding the 'bother a huge fleet which realistically should be presumed hostile' behavior (here's an interesting post/thread on a related topic, at least).

Similar case with Colony creation, if a faction is "Cooperative" and you're benefiting from trade concessions, that ought to cover establishing a colony in their systems and probably shouldn't ever do expeditions on your faction.  It's kinda like if Britian sent in a team to sabotage or capture the industries of a france principality, it just doesn't make sense to do so given the political climate.  Or if Germany attacked a US military base inside of their borders, just doesn't make a lot of sense.
For a colony in their system, just pay the tribute when the demand is made, or have an alliance with the system owner.

Expeditions in general are vanilla (and a placeholder mechanic, I assume) but Nex already lets you turn them off! enablePunitiveExpeditions in exerelin_config.json
I've considered making that setting default off since expeditions are a really daft concept in a bunch of ways, but I dunno if I want to outright remove features from the base game.

Maybe worth looking at Saturation Bombings too, the AI factions don't seem to care reputation wise if it happens between two AIs, but if the player does it you get into a hot war with everyone.  Realistically, it should have a more gradual curve.  Allies of the faction that got bombed should get a pretty sizable loss in reputation (let's say 30-40) with you, neutrals to the faction that got bombed lose maybe like 20 reputation with you, and enemies lose maybe 10 reputation with you if any at all.  It should also apply to AI factions as it's kinda weird that factions will saturation bomb each other and that seems to matter less to the political climate of the system than a jilted wedding arrangement.
If sat bombing by NPC factions had reputation penalties, I'd need a way for the faction to figure out whether it was actually worth doing so. The upcoming strategic AI could do just that (so I might implement this at that time), but it's likely the answer (compared to alternative actions by the faction) would be 'never'. Which, to be fair, is also often the case for player.
That said, the asymmetry here with player getting punished when NPCs don't is exactly why there's an allowNPCSatBomb setting in the config file :)

As for player's rep penalties, there are currently a few cases where the impact is reduced: a third party faction is vengeful to the target; the target faction has the Monstrous trait; or the planet/station is small (size 3 or lower) and/or outside the core worlds.
Other than that, well, if you mass-murder a hundred thousand or a million civilians in an already decaying sector, don't expect other factions to approve of this :-X
(Insta-hostile is an unlikely response, insta-suspicious or inhospitable with a large numerical penalty to push already-neutral factions into hostile territory would be more likely. All the same, I don't have a particular reason to change this right now, especially when a remarkably large number of players in the community are apparently still perfectly happy to sat bomb Hegemony and others for comparatively minor offences)

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: December 07, 2022, 11:36:15 AM »

Marie-Galante is already decivilized at the start of the game. Perinthus is (well, was) pirate, and pirates don't [re]colonize. Both are bad enough that a different faction might not otherwise pick them up. (I forget if DME has also applied the do-not-colonize tags to Marie-Galante)

Also, is it possible to get some tweaks to the reputation system to make it a bit less... silly at times? Transponders are a pretty big one, even factions who are Welcoming, Friendly, and even Cooperative still get pissy about transponders even if you're "well known across the faction" and are willing to go to war over it.  No diplomatic immunity if you're an established faction, no ignoring the violation if you're friendly to them, no bribing them to look the other way, and they'll still bother you even if you're clearly an invasion fleet looking to gobble up any flounders that wander near you on your way to invade their world while running dark (Really, pickets should maintain contact on much larger fleets if their transponders are off rather than suicide diving to ask them about their license plates).
I found a way to mess with the rep penalty for being caught with your transponder off, so I might well remove it in a future version. It's the most annoying part of the mechanic, especially if it happens to push you over the hostile threshold.
Sadly I don't have a way to change the behavior of patrol fleets regarding the 'bother a huge fleet which realistically should be presumed hostile' behavior (here's an interesting post/thread on a related topic, at least).

For a colony in their system, just pay the tribute when the demand is made, or have an alliance with the system owner.

Expeditions in general are vanilla (and a placeholder mechanic, I assume) but Nex already lets you turn them off! enablePunitiveExpeditions in exerelin_config.json
I've considered making that setting default off since expeditions are a really daft concept in a bunch of ways, but I dunno if I want to outright remove features from the base game.

If sat bombing by NPC factions had reputation penalties, I'd need a way for the faction to figure out whether it was actually worth doing so. The upcoming strategic AI could do just that (so I might implement this at that time), but it's likely the answer (compared to alternative actions by the faction) would be 'never'. Which, to be fair, is also often the case for player.
That said, the asymmetry here with player getting punished when NPCs don't is exactly why there's an allowNPCSatBomb setting in the config file :)

As for player's rep penalties, there are currently a few cases where the impact is reduced: a third party faction is vengeful to the target; the target faction has the Monstrous trait; or the planet/station is small (size 3 or lower) and/or outside the core worlds.
Other than that, well, if you mass-murder a hundred thousand or a million civilians in an already decaying sector, don't expect other factions to approve of this :-X
(Insta-hostile is an unlikely response, insta-suspicious or inhospitable with a large numerical penalty to push already-neutral factions into hostile territory would be more likely. All the same, I don't have a particular reason to change this right now, especially when a remarkably large number of players in the community are apparently still perfectly happy to sat bomb Hegemony and others for comparatively minor offences)

Yeah, the tribute is fine though it has a couple of issues with it.  Namely if you conquer a colony, no tribute is necessary so it's almost always preferable to conquer someone compared to trying to cohabitate (or do shenanigans where you give it to a faction you're hostile to and conquer it later like you're planting crops).  Second, as far as I know it's the same amount of tribute regardless of how friendly or not you are with the faction, so long as you're not outright hostile?  Guess the other issue is that systems will still be "claimed" by other factions, even if they own like a single pirate outpost and you control the other four colonies in the star system.

On the saturation bombardment topic though no faction as far as I know are ever vengeful with pirates or luddic path, so if you wanna nuke them everyone will hate you for it, despite everyone being hostile to those factions with a couple of exceptions.  There's also the thing that, for the most part, it's just much easier to just repeatedly raid the industries over and over and over again as it gives no major penalties aside from just needing the marines and a couple in game days to go and sang bag their industries till they're -30 or more instability.  That's more of a vanilla issue though.  I guess in general the saturation bombardment being so punitive relative to you know, invading worlds so hard that they decivilize entirely or mass invading the entire sector like the space mongols is a far healthier for your reputation, especially given that other factions also use saturation bombardment fairly regularly.

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: December 07, 2022, 06:50:35 PM »

Two things:

First, I provoked a higher-level vengeance fleet for the first time since updating to the newest version of Nex.  I remember in the past if I didn't want to fight them I could just wander through nebulas and the like and they'd eventually get bored and go home.  I also remember Vayra's bounty fleets would spawn within a certain radius of you but then they would behave like normal mission-spawned hostile fleets - if they lose sight of you, they have to search, and if they can't find you, they just hang around in the area hoping to catch you again until the game despawns them.  Both of these behaviors were reasonable.  This current one, however, has behavior "trailing your fleet" which apparently means it has a total lock-on to my current position and makes a beeline for me no matter where I am, no matter how good stealthing I'm doing (it _may_ be that vengeance fleets always did this but I really don't remember seeing this before).  Anyway, this is cheating and it's *** me off.  How do I make this stop, and have any response fleets have to actually search for and find me?

Second, I am comissioned with a faction and took a mission to conquer a planet for another faction (it was an easy target - most conquest missions are ridiculously harder than the money being offered - and I could use the cash).  However, having taken it, I can't give it to them.  I can only buy the governorship and, once I have it, cede it.  Is the intended behavior that faction-comissioned players cannot successfully complete the conquest missions?  If so, it's a dirty trick to make the missions visible and acceptable to the player without any warning that they'd need to resign their commission before being able to complete it.  I expect that, having done the work of taking the planet, if I resign my comission now it just reverts to my current faction, meaning I've totally wasted my time and effort and probably need to revert to an earlier save.

Edit: ok, never mind that second part.  After seeing the "take" option mentioned above I went and pored over the conquest screen and finally found it.  Never saw that before.  So, used it, transferred the planet, got paid about 60% of the agreed-on price due to instability resulting from the invasion and tacbombing.  Net profit 200K.  Opportunity cost?  This is TERRIBLE.  Between everything I spent on supplies, fuel, marines, heavy weapons, and the time spent going there and doing it, I could have been doing pretty much anything else and made twice as much money in that time.  Not to mention, a contract is a contract, I accepted the mission based on the payout specified in the mission text, I damn well want my money.  Except I can't take it out on the faction, they didn't make a choice to cheat me, it's the guy who coded the algorithm who did that!

Well, now I know.  And I know to apply a reduction to the posted mission rewards for those.  Making them probably even less likely to be worth it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 07:31:27 PM by vok3 »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4990 on: December 08, 2022, 01:39:53 AM »

Yeah, the tribute is fine though it has a couple of issues with it.  Namely if you conquer a colony, no tribute is necessary so it's almost always preferable to conquer someone compared to trying to cohabitate (or do shenanigans where you give it to a faction you're hostile to and conquer it later like you're planting crops).  Second, as far as I know it's the same amount of tribute regardless of how friendly or not you are with the faction, so long as you're not outright hostile?  Guess the other issue is that systems will still be "claimed" by other factions, even if they own like a single pirate outpost and you control the other four colonies in the star system.
Hmm, if I didn't break anything then tribute should crop up eventually even for captured colonies (unless it's size 5 or larger, big colonies won't get territorial satbombed and so don't require tribute).
The colony screen with the warning of claimed systems uses the vanilla logic, where player can never be considered the owner of a system (and also it doesn't detect Nex alliances), but the mod does make it so player can be the system owner under the same rules as the NPC factions.

Two things:

First, I provoked a higher-level vengeance fleet for the first time since updating to the newest version of Nex.  I remember in the past if I didn't want to fight them I could just wander through nebulas and the like and they'd eventually get bored and go home.  I also remember Vayra's bounty fleets would spawn within a certain radius of you but then they would behave like normal mission-spawned hostile fleets - if they lose sight of you, they have to search, and if they can't find you, they just hang around in the area hoping to catch you again until the game despawns them.  Both of these behaviors were reasonable.  This current one, however, has behavior "trailing your fleet" which apparently means it has a total lock-on to my current position and makes a beeline for me no matter where I am, no matter how good stealthing I'm doing (it _may_ be that vengeance fleets always did this but I really don't remember seeing this before).  Anyway, this is cheating and it's *** me off.  How do I make this stop, and have any response fleets have to actually search for and find me?
Nothing's changed with vengeance fleet pursuit logic in over a year (other than the addition of the setting described below). They always had a maphack to find the player, but lose it when getting close. In particular, if they've seen your fleet once but lost it, they have trouble finding you again until you leave the system.

If you find things sufficiently bothersome, there's a useNewVengeanceEncounters setting in the main config you can try. Although one could argue it's even worse in terms of somehow knowing where the player is.

Edit: ok, never mind that second part.  After seeing the "take" option mentioned above I went and pored over the conquest screen and finally found it.  Never saw that before.  So, used it, transferred the planet, got paid about 60% of the agreed-on price due to instability resulting from the invasion and tacbombing.  Net profit 200K.  Opportunity cost?  This is TERRIBLE.  Between everything I spent on supplies, fuel, marines, heavy weapons, and the time spent going there and doing it, I could have been doing pretty much anything else and made twice as much money in that time.  Not to mention, a contract is a contract, I accepted the mission based on the payout specified in the mission text, I damn well want my money.  Except I can't take it out on the faction, they didn't make a choice to cheat me, it's the guy who coded the algorithm who did that!

Well, now I know.  And I know to apply a reduction to the posted mission rewards for those.  Making them probably even less likely to be worth it.
Is that 200k net after the supplies, fuel, etc.? I'd say that's pretty good for not having to leave the core worlds, considering top-end intel bounties are like 350k gross.
(If it's 200k gross, how tiny was the planet you took?)
That said, I've already increased the payout somewhat in dev (payment for market size is now 6k * 2^size instead of 5k * 2^size, and it counts six months of market income instead of three). Also might make ground battle deployments cost fewer supplies.

As for the amount printed in the mission intel, well the parameters that go into the reward calculation are specifically listed in the intel description before accepting, so

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: December 08, 2022, 02:37:38 AM »

You can drag vengeance fleets into whatever faction is at war with their faction. If you cruise around the core worlds, they generally just die. I've had multiple instances of only getting a "vengeance fleet defeated" message without even seeing those idiots.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: December 08, 2022, 04:27:11 AM »

Hmm, if I didn't break anything then tribute should crop up eventually even for captured colonies (unless it's size 5 or larger, big colonies won't get territorial satbombed and so don't require tribute).
The colony screen with the warning of claimed systems uses the vanilla logic, where player can never be considered the owner of a system (and also it doesn't detect Nex alliances), but the mod does make it so player can be the system owner under the same rules as the NPC factions.

Two things:

Nothing's changed with vengeance fleet pursuit logic in over a year (other than the addition of the setting described below). They always had a maphack to find the player, but lose it when getting close. In particular, if they've seen your fleet once but lost it, they have trouble finding you again until you leave the system.

If you find things sufficiently bothersome, there's a useNewVengeanceEncounters setting in the main config you can try. Although one could argue it's even worse in terms of somehow knowing where the player is.

Is that 200k net after the supplies, fuel, etc.? I'd say that's pretty good for not having to leave the core worlds, considering top-end intel bounties are like 350k gross.
(If it's 200k gross, how tiny was the planet you took?)
That said, I've already increased the payout somewhat in dev (payment for market size is now 6k * 2^size instead of 5k * 2^size, and it counts six months of market income instead of three). Also might make ground battle deployments cost fewer supplies.

As for the amount printed in the mission intel, well the parameters that go into the reward calculation are specifically listed in the intel description before accepting, so

Here's a screen shot from my longish run with all the places that got decivilized and didn't get rehabitated:

EDIT:  A weird bug, I assume, but a raiding force retreated before taking action, but no reason was given (not destroyed as I was trailing the fleet looking for freebies, not due to changing faction attitude as they're still hostile to each other).  How does that happen?  The fleets jumped in, and them immediately jumped out of the system from the nearest point.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 11:39:32 PM by Reshy »

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: December 09, 2022, 09:24:06 AM »

i recently joined an alliance but i don't want to have the game pause with popups aka "make peace/war with x". i know about ceasefireNotificationPopup:false but is there a option to always abstain or say yes to alliance proposals. otherwise i'll have to leave because popups pausing my game unexpectedly is something i don't want.

beleedad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: December 09, 2022, 01:32:17 PM »

Can Nexerelin adjust the market discount given for ships with dmods for sale at stations?

I want to change the discount off the base price for the number of dmods. To say 20% per dmod or something similar.

Does anyone know where this variable is? I know you can change the ship price easily in the config. Can’t find the dmod scale though.

Thanks,

B
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 396