Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014377 times)

GemAye

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5b "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-09-17)
« Reply #4950 on: October 29, 2022, 12:26:31 AM »

Hello, thank you for this great mod!
I have a small problem though.
With the current amounts of diplomacy points randomly added and subtracted its very hard to keep the levels of diplomacy where I want them.
For example, I need to put in lots of effort into growing a diplomatic relation from 0 to 15 by doing certain bounties, certain missions and donating prisoners.
But then the random diplo-engine decides that some marriage goes wrong (guy walking off or something) with a whooping -17 on my relations as punishment.
And that's just not right.

Is it possible to lower the influence of these random diplomatic changes to a level I as a player can cope with?
I'm talking about one's, two's and three's instead of "ten plus" numbers.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4951 on: October 30, 2022, 08:18:59 PM »

Hi, both of you!

Hello there!

Would it be possible to have certain features toggleable? I really want a mod that makes AI Markets grow and makes the AI settle new colonies every now and then. So far, this is the only mod that seems to add that mechanic. However, I do not want to have a fullblown 4X experience as of now. Thank you for your time!
You can look in Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json, there's a bunch of settings you can toggle (enableInvasions is probably the biggest one). This post has that and a couple of other things you might want to do.

Hello, thank you for this great mod!
I have a small problem though.
With the current amounts of diplomacy points randomly added and subtracted its very hard to keep the levels of diplomacy where I want them.
For example, I need to put in lots of effort into growing a diplomatic relation from 0 to 15 by doing certain bounties, certain missions and donating prisoners.
But then the random diplo-engine decides that some marriage goes wrong (guy walking off or something) with a whooping -17 on my relations as punishment.
And that's just not right.

Is it possible to lower the influence of these random diplomatic changes to a level I as a player can cope with?
I'm talking about one's, two's and three's instead of "ten plus" numbers.
I'd recommend opening Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json and increasing the eventFrequency value at the top. You can also change the effect amounts of each diplomacy event, but I wouldn't recommend making the values tiny (otherwise the events may as well not happen).

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: October 31, 2022, 01:45:37 AM »

All the new diplomacy stuff looks &%$!ing awesome. :D

G.W. LobSTAR

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: October 31, 2022, 02:02:14 AM »

Hello,
Great mod, firstly. Anyways, I'm doing a Luddic Path run (if the pfp didn't give it away) and I got some bad roles on cell funding base/military station market locations. So I let the other factions nix them to get some better spawns. BUT, they aren't spawning (shocked_Pikachu.png). Is this because I'm commissioned with the Path? Or because I selected the "no faction respawn" in the beginning? Both? It has been at least a cycle and a half (Pirate bases still spawn too). Lastly, if they indeed won't spawn on their own, is there a way to force spawn them somehow? Maybe in the console, or save manipulation?

Edit/Update: I think it was indeed the fact that I was commissioned by the Path and had the faction respawn off. Went into the console and turned it back on, and stations started respawning. Does it work the same for the Pirates? I would think the "anarchistic" trait would enable these two to keep respawning despite the no respawn flag and a commission. Or I could be totally off base lol. Awesome mod though.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 03:44:04 AM by G.W. LobSTAR »

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: October 31, 2022, 07:55:58 AM »

Does it matter what sort of ships I put in task groups?

Do I need to put in logistics ships and the like to make them function or make them better?

or can I just stack as much warships in them and not have a problem at all?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 08:01:58 AM by Audax »

sevhern

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: November 01, 2022, 05:52:16 AM »

Supplies to fight a rebellion doesn't do anything to unrest (that's a separate option), nor does it immediately subdue the rebellion. It just makes the government forces stronger so they can win the rebellion over time.

Thank you for the reply. Can we get an indication for how our contribution has helped the rebellion suppression?

Phalamy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: November 01, 2022, 03:28:34 PM »

Hey I love this mod loads!
But I noticed a bit of a problem with the "Showdown" quest.
If you don't let any of the Hagemony fleets get close enough to the Nexus, the quest never actually updates to tell you do defend the nexus.
So if you defeat them too fast, the quest gets softlocked entirely.

DeusVauly

• Ensign
  • a happy amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: November 01, 2022, 10:14:19 PM »

Where in the files can I remove the -50% colony growth speed from starfarer mode? I like fighting big vergence fleet more often and colonies being a bit less of a money printer but don't like artificially drawing out the game.

Ballagarraidh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: November 02, 2022, 02:13:24 AM »

Hello there!

If I set a faction in the faction config from playableFaction true to playableFaction false, do they stop raiding, colonizing, satbombing, sending invasions, and the like?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4959 on: November 02, 2022, 05:40:16 AM »

Hello!

Hello,
Great mod, firstly. Anyways, I'm doing a Luddic Path run (if the pfp didn't give it away) and I got some bad roles on cell funding base/military station market locations. So I let the other factions nix them to get some better spawns. BUT, they aren't spawning (shocked_Pikachu.png). Is this because I'm commissioned with the Path? Or because I selected the "no faction respawn" in the beginning? Both? It has been at least a cycle and a half (Pirate bases still spawn too). Lastly, if they indeed won't spawn on their own, is there a way to force spawn them somehow? Maybe in the console, or save manipulation?

Edit/Update: I think it was indeed the fact that I was commissioned by the Path and had the faction respawn off. Went into the console and turned it back on, and stations started respawning. Does it work the same for the Pirates? I would think the "anarchistic" trait would enable these two to keep respawning despite the no respawn flag and a commission. Or I could be totally off base lol. Awesome mod though.
(thumbs up)
Nex doesn't modify pirate/pather base spawning behavior directly, except that the bases will stop appearing if the faction has no regular colonies (i.e. wiping the Path out means no new Pather bases). Is this consistent with what you were seeing?

Does it matter what sort of ships I put in task groups?

Do I need to put in logistics ships and the like to make them function or make them better?

or can I just stack as much warships in them and not have a problem at all?
Their logistics capacity isn't simulated (although usage partly is), so go wild with the warships if you like!

Supplies to fight a rebellion doesn't do anything to unrest (that's a separate option), nor does it immediately subdue the rebellion. It just makes the government forces stronger so they can win the rebellion over time.

Thank you for the reply. Can we get an indication for how our contribution has helped the rebellion suppression?
Well if you have a sufficiently high-level operative (or two or more lower-level ones; level needs to sum to 5) you can get the exact strength values. Maybe I'll add a GUI message with the approximate strength added by a transfer to officials (or a sale to black market if you're funding the rebels).

Hey I love this mod loads!
But I noticed a bit of a problem with the "Showdown" quest.
If you don't let any of the Hagemony fleets get close enough to the Nexus, the quest never actually updates to tell you do defend the nexus.
So if you defeat them too fast, the quest gets softlocked entirely.
Will fix, thanks for report  :)

Where in the files can I remove the -50% colony growth speed from starfarer mode? I like fighting big vergence fleet more often and colonies being a bit less of a money printer but don't like artificially drawing out the game.
hardModeColonyGrowthMult in exerelin_config.json

Hello there!

If I set a faction in the faction config from playableFaction true to playableFaction false, do they stop raiding, colonizing, satbombing, sending invasions, and the like?
It (should) indeed do those things in a new game, assuming I didn't hardcode more things for independents than I thought.
If you change playableFaction midgame, that faction will stop invading/raiding others, but I'm not sure what happens with other Nex actions like diplomacy.

Also non-playable factions might still be invaded by others, I hear Legio does this to independents for instance.

Zecevic081

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: November 07, 2022, 05:48:49 AM »

Is there a console command to force the event that will spawn Midnight Dissonant in the bar encounter? I've tried to find the mod(s) that conflicts but since I've got nearly a hundred mods running nothing short of disabling everthing but Nexerelin helps.

Great mod nonetheless!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4961 on: November 10, 2022, 05:18:39 PM »

(late reply, whoops)

Is there a console command to force the event that will spawn Midnight Dissonant in the bar encounter? I've tried to find the mod(s) that conflicts but since I've got nearly a hundred mods running nothing short of disabling everthing but Nexerelin helps.

Great mod nonetheless!
There isn't a console command. You can try messing with the row in Nexerelin/data/campaign/rules.csv that creates the bar event (nex_remM1_begin), but most of the requirements for mission spawning are set in code.
(The code requirements are: The mission spawn location needs to be Prism Freeport if it exists, or any independent market otherwise; another independent market other than the spawn location must also exist, not be 'hidden' like popup pirate bases, and not be in hyperspace)

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: November 11, 2022, 03:19:20 AM »

Might be a bug or maybe not, but if you disrupt the military actions of a planet or station they can still launch vengeance fleets through their off screen dark matter.

Zecevic081

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: November 11, 2022, 05:38:23 AM »

(late reply, whoops)

There isn't a console command. You can try messing with the row in Nexerelin/data/campaign/rules.csv that creates the bar event (nex_remM1_begin), but most of the requirements for mission spawning are set in code.
(The code requirements are: The mission spawn location needs to be Prism Freeport if it exists, or any independent market otherwise; another independent market other than the spawn location must also exist, not be 'hidden' like popup pirate bases, and not be in hyperspace)

No worries!

Glad to learn bit by bit as all I know is a bit of tweaking of ship stats aside from world settings. Also surprised to learn that one of the triggers is the amount of days passed (At least it lowers the odds of the issue being a mod conflict considering that I have... 109 active mods ; v ; ).

EDIT: Yeah I've tested the DaysSinceStart stat and yeah Midnight still works.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 06:34:23 AM by Zecevic081 »

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: November 11, 2022, 07:02:04 AM »

Not even sure if they are from this mod but… does N have any specific spawning locations? I would rather her spawn in my own base since I am pretty much going to take on everyone and conquer the sector in my current run. If N is not from this mod and anyone knows what mod she is from that would also be great. Hard to know what Is what with 90 some mods running around.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 396