Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 72

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 248889 times)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #975 on: December 29, 2021, 06:59:42 PM »

I think the Pather interest text was recently changed to "Suspected AI core admin", which is pretty funny next to the newly added Hypercognition skill.
We all know that "suspected" really means "confirmed" if we only ever see that hint when said core admin is in use.

Shut up Megas! :D You want Alex to make Pathers randomly target your colony because they suspect we are AIs?!

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 29, 2021, 08:14:26 PM »

Pathers just extorted me 3 times when I dropped into their system at a gas giant before I got to the portal out :p I'm already out for blood!

On a side note, coming back with a battlefleet and taking out the battlestation was a 320k bounty - nice!

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 30, 2021, 02:15:56 AM »

Look, maybe the admin just takes study drugs to improve their focus, ok
Very convincible. Maybe we can have this tip added into the game lol
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

SethMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 30, 2021, 02:54:15 AM »

Maybe we could get colony admins that have some perk like bonus productivity at the cost of more drugs demanded by the colony or more organs or equipment whatever as a counterbalance since right now all the admins have nothing special about them when I ask them what they can do. But this is ripe for a bonus/flaw system or something.

gogis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 30, 2021, 11:11:51 AM »

Forgive me if I read wrong, but cryopod 5 lvl officers keep coming with 1/1 elite skills (my max elites rn is 4 atm). Yes, it's RC6.

http://joxi.ru/DmBdxwpTqzXzQA

Guess who is going to be fired next

http://joxi.ru/vAWGyd0c3qYOWA

Edit: nvm: save must be started at RC6
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 11:19:49 AM by gogis »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 30, 2021, 11:16:04 AM »

Hmm - was the save started prior to -RC6? This change would not have any effect on officers generated prior to that point.

gogis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 30, 2021, 11:17:50 AM »

Hmm - was the save started prior to -RC6? This change would not have any effect on officers generated prior to that point.

Alex, you may be right, it was NOT new save. It was fresh world to explore - but it's probably generated at start of the save game. My bad

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 30, 2021, 11:39:20 AM »

No worries, that's definitely not something that's obvious or even clear!

Voyager I

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 31, 2021, 12:03:35 PM »

... pretty much what you said, yeah. It's also possible that the "not noticing" is either simple self-preservation or the result of you pulling some strings behind the scenes. Btw - once you recover the Ziggurat, there are a number of core world encounters that are basically what you describe - so I at least at this point, the Ziggurat is a bridge too far when it comes to being ignored, while the other stuff isn't.

See, I always interpreted the Ziggurat a bit differently.  It's so far outside the box that nobody knows what it is or what to make of it, so it's at least plausible that their response is some kind of indignant confusion rather than outright hostility (and also the Tri-Tachs have tried to kill you for poking around their business at least a couple times by then). At a more basic level, even if the hull itself is an unsettling morass of alien nightmares, it's at least being piloted by a human that you can talk to.

Conversely, even if their existence isn't publicly acknowledged, there have been multiple wars fought against them, so there has to be people on various naval commands across the core worlds who know exactly what a Remnant warship is, know what operates one, and have some very pointed questions about exactly what you think you're doing with one (and don't you try to say you put a limiter on it because they said that the last two times too).

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 31, 2021, 05:56:11 PM »

Alex, not when  :P, but what are we getting in the next hotfix?
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 31, 2021, 05:59:14 PM »

I'm not sure why you've been assuming there would be another hotfix. Generally speaking, a hotfix happens when there are major issues that require fixing, such as for example a not-extremely-uncommon crash.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 01, 2022, 02:39:51 AM »

I'm not sure why you've been assuming there would be another hotfix. Generally speaking, a hotfix happens when there are major issues that require fixing, such as for example a not-extremely-uncommon crash.
There hasn't been a single hotfix or patch this whooole year, cmon, he's not that unreasonable.

(I'm sorry for this, it's stronger than me)
Please don't take me too seriously.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 01, 2022, 08:13:30 PM »

:(

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 01, 2022, 10:28:47 PM »

(People just need to learn to say "this game is totally crashing all the time for me because X feature isn't implemented in the game yet!" to get a hotfix going...)

Damdam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 03, 2022, 02:58:09 AM »

Hello there... First of all happy new year and tahnks for this amazing game...

I'am new, i'am French and must be stupid because i don t undersatand how to update to RC6...In game when i press "v" and choice 6 for "download -RC6" i don t find the link, I see the notes, descriptions....but don t see the file to download...

Sorry for by poor language and tahnks in advance for your help
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 72