Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 76

Author Topic: [0.97a] Realistic Combat 2.0.6  (Read 310322 times)

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.17.1
« Reply #390 on: August 29, 2022, 11:27:53 AM »

Bug(?) report: this mod once more defaults to 'totalConversion: true' again in its mod_info.json file; intended-as-designed, or creator's error?

As intended!

Request: Is there a way to disable Realistic Combat's radar? I prefer Combat Radar's implementation, as the unreleased dev version works with 0.95.1a (at a glance, anyways) and is far more configurable.

I'll put one in the next version.

RacoonBro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 29, 2022, 02:50:34 PM »

Any plans to integrate the Version checker mod?

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 29, 2022, 03:06:52 PM »

Already done.

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 29, 2022, 05:58:14 PM »

Hotfix 1.17.2 is out!  Fixed beam weapon range depending on target.  Ignore chargeup and chargedown delay of three-shot burst projectile weapons when determining their sustained fire rate.  Slightly raised damage threshold for energy cannon.  Every HUD extension feature has a toggle in its own settings file.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 06:35:12 PM by Liral »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 29, 2022, 08:42:23 PM »

Hotfix 1.17.2 is out!
CTD with 1.17.2:
Code
107498 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at settings.ThreeDimensionalTargeting.getStrafingAccelerationFactor(ThreeDimensionalTargeting.java:32)
at plugins.ThreeDimensionalTargeting.getStrafingAcceleration(ThreeDimensionalTargeting.java:24)
at plugins.ThreeDimensionalTargeting.getStrafingTime(ThreeDimensionalTargeting.java:28)
at plugins.ThreeDimensionalTargeting.anticipateStrafing(ThreeDimensionalTargeting.java:41)
at plugins.ThreeDimensionalTargeting.advance(ThreeDimensionalTargeting.java:80)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.L$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.new.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

CTD occurs with all options at their defaults, except for the 'totalConversion' flag in mod_info.json, which I have set to 'false'.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 08:43:54 PM by TimeDiver »

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 30, 2022, 03:55:12 AM »

CTD with 1.17.2:
Code
107498 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at settings.ThreeDimensionalTargeting.getStrafingAccelerationFactor(ThreeDimensionalTargeting.java:32)
at plugins.ThreeDimensionalTargeting.getStrafingAcceleration(ThreeDimensionalTargeting.java:24)
at plugins.ThreeDimensionalTargeting.getStrafingTime(ThreeDimensionalTargeting.java:28)
at plugins.ThreeDimensionalTargeting.anticipateStrafing(ThreeDimensionalTargeting.java:41)
at plugins.ThreeDimensionalTargeting.advance(ThreeDimensionalTargeting.java:80)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.L$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.new.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

CTD occurs with all options at their defaults, except for the 'totalConversion' flag in mod_info.json, which I have set to 'false'.

Uh-oh.  I can't figure out why this crash happened or reproduce it, and I have checked the ThreeDimensionalTargeting.json file, too.  I figure you have mods enabled because you turned off `totalConversion`: please tell me which ones you were using and what happened just before the crash.

RacoonBro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 30, 2022, 05:43:05 AM »

Already done.

Hmmm, for some reason nor the game or the mod manager show that it supports it. I also didnt get any notification about the new version. But i ll double check on the windows version cause im running the linux one.

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.17.2
« Reply #397 on: August 30, 2022, 06:37:20 AM »

Version 1.18.0 is out!  Changed strafing acceleration factors to their vanilla values: 1/1/0.75/0.5/0.25 for FIGHTER/FRIGATE/DESTROYER/CRUISER/CAPITAL_SHIP.  Projectile indicator colors are damage-type coded rather than team-coded.  Version checker support enabled.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 06:39:19 AM by Liral »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.18.0
« Reply #398 on: August 30, 2022, 09:20:11 AM »

The following post was submitted based upon v1.18.0 of the mod:

Tested a number of scenarios, but I've repeatedly had CTDs with the exact same error message as before (while doing the simulated mission 'The Last Hurrah' from the main game menu; CTD consistently occur within ~30 seconds, after starting the mission).

The same CTDs occur even with my (enabled) mods list trimmed down to Realistic Combat, GraphicsLib and LazyLib... and with Realistic Combat's settings unchanged from defaults, aside from changing mod_info.json's 'totalConversion' from true to false.

Addendum: Nevermind, it looks as though a second ':' symbol added to one of the entries in Toggles.json (somehow, I'd changed it to '"modifyWeaponSpecs"::') was the cause of the issue the entire time.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 09:39:06 AM by TimeDiver »

ntoxeg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 31, 2022, 12:07:38 PM »

There is a problem with weapons I would call “burst cannons”, these are weapons like Uhlan Siege Laser or Blackout which have high damage but also a magazine that you’re supposed to be able to unload pretty fast, followed by a lengthier recharge process.
Unfortunately their assigned high refire delays make this whole mechanic broken.

One way to fix this is to check whether a cannon has ammo / charges and cap refire delay at, say 25% of its recharge time.
Now, if that makes them too strong it might be a good idea to make two changes:
  • Cap refire delay at, say, 20% of its original recharge time.
  • Extend recharge time by, say, 50% afterwards.

Also I looked at the Plasma Cannon and was wondering if those refire delays are not too long for some of those weapons — DPS of PC comes to 73 with that 11 sec delay. There are medium weapons that have DPS values above 100 though.
Meanwhile weapons that have somewhat lower damage get much higher effective DPS, like Super-Charged Pulse Beam that has 600 damage but gets 0.6 delay, which actually gives it the vanilla 1000 (250) DPS.
Also compare it to the Gauss Cannon that has 1000 damage and delay of 9 seconds — 111 effective DPS but if you look at vanilla DPS it’s supposed to be 350 vs PC’s 750, the relative damage rate of weapons in RC seems to be all out of whack...

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 01, 2022, 01:44:53 AM »

There is a problem with weapons I would call “burst cannons”, these are weapons like Uhlan Siege Laser or Blackout which have high damage but also a magazine that you’re supposed to be able to unload pretty fast, followed by a lengthier recharge process.
Unfortunately their assigned high refire delays make this whole mechanic broken.

One way to fix this is to check whether a cannon has ammo / charges and cap refire delay at, say 25% of its recharge time.

Also I looked at the Plasma Cannon and was wondering if those refire delays are not too long for some of those weapons — DPS of PC comes to 73 with that 11 sec delay. There are medium weapons that have DPS values above 100 though.
Meanwhile weapons that have somewhat lower damage get much higher effective DPS, like Super-Charged Pulse Beam that has 600 damage but gets 0.6 delay, which actually gives it the vanilla 1000 (250) DPS.
Also compare it to the Gauss Cannon that has 1000 damage and delay of 9 seconds — 111 effective DPS but if you look at vanilla DPS it’s supposed to be 350 vs PC’s 750, the relative damage rate of weapons in RC seems to be all out of whack...

Yeah... ugh.  :(  It's a pain to fix.  I'm even thinking of scrapping the fire-rate and magazine adjustments entirely because of the unpredictable consequences.

ntoxeg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 01, 2022, 02:11:23 AM »

Yeah, it’s definitely difficult to get it right via applying some generic formula — weapons are not just some “X with this much Y” but rather each has its own profile, it’s easy to distort that.
Maybe some hybrid solution is viable where weapons can be provided with custom metadata that can override the generic formula. Could also be used by modders to add support for RC to their mods.

Luftwaffles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 01, 2022, 09:05:46 AM »

Yeah... ugh.  :(  It's a pain to fix.  I'm even thinking of scrapping the fire-rate and magazine adjustments entirely because of the unpredictable consequences.
I think it would be simpler to just apply a projectile speed/range multiplier to all projectile weapons. I think there's a wide enough armor range in vanilla to keep most weapons from being invalidated by the new armor system even without adjusting per-shot damage. Off the top of my head the only problematic ones are the Ion Pulser and IR Pulse Laser, which completely lose the ability to damage anything bigger than a destroyer.

Alternatively, why not do something like the reverse of the Split Chamber hullmod from More Hullmods? Scale every weapon's RoF, damage, magazine size, and ammo regeneration until it falls inside of some band you're satisfied with, like "all mediums should do at least 150 damage per hit". This changes a weapon's armor penetration without changing its effective DPS, so vanilla balance is still relatively preserved.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 11:10:48 AM by Luftwaffles »

Gameciel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 01, 2022, 02:45:08 PM »

Alternatively, why not do something like the reverse of the Split Chamber hullmod from More Hullmods? Scale every weapon's RoF, damage, magazine size, and ammo regeneration until it falls inside of some band you're satisfied with, like "all mediums should do at least 150 damage per hit". This changes a weapon's armor penetration without changing its effective DPS, so vanilla balance is still relatively preserved.

Good I think that's a good idea, at least easy to implement.

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 02, 2022, 10:25:40 PM »

Patch 1.19.0 is out!  I have removed all projectile weapon specification sub-categories, reinstated flux costs for all ballistic weapons, and replaced the muzzle velocity bonuses with a configurable muzzle velocity factor, which I have set to 10: all because all ships and weapons are balanced around their original stats, including flux cost, capacity, and dissipation rather than having more and bigger guns be the chief balance lever of ballistic-armed ships, and the only explanation for ballistic weapons costing flux to fire is that they must be coil-or rail-assisted.  I have accordingly slightly increased map size, greatly increased full burn speed, and greatly increased the beam intensity factors, which I have divided into a burst and beam intensity factor, and missile and torpedo speed and maneuverability.  Phase now gives a speed boost of 1-2x depending on flux rather than a speed penalty of 0.33-1x depending on flux.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 10:29:59 PM by Liral »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 76