Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: [0.96a] Everybody Loves KoC  (Read 173494 times)

Nyctophonik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Everybody Loves KoC
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2023, 09:54:55 AM »

That is probably because Eridani-Utopia does not have a Nex FactionConfig. Vcuh666 and Nyctophonik were generous enough to put together profiles for the Ko Combine and Mbaye-Gogle. If you want to create one for Eridani I'm more than happy to add it to the release.

You rang?
But really, I haven't been playing much Starsector lately but I needed to go do some CotM maintenace and saw this. I'd be happy to help with Eridani's diplomacy if you'd like!

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Everybody Loves KoC
« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2023, 04:44:56 AM »

You rang?
But really, I haven't been playing much Starsector lately but I needed to go do some CotM maintenace and saw this. I'd be happy to help with Eridani's diplomacy if you'd like!

Feel free to have at it, you two did a damn good job last time. There's no rush though.

"Eridani Lore (Expanded)"
Eridani-Utopia began life as a survery and terraforming corporation. After the collapse they found themselves cutoff and alone eventually settling on Qaras which held significant stockpiles and resources.

Following the Hanan Pacha atrocity and the demilitarization of the Yma system the remnants of Eridani-Utopia were quickly abandoned by their closest ally, Tri-Tachyon. Left with little defense they found themselves the targets of constant pillaging and raiding by pirates and brigands. With their calls for help going unheeded their stockpiles of resources and domain tech quickly evaporated into the holds of outgoing raider parties. Although there has been no official connection the precision with which the raids were conducted were too accurate for common pirates only Tri-Tachyon operatives are known to be so precise. It appears no coincidence that Tri-Tachyons own stockpiles of resources grew proportionately to their losses.

When their stockpiles were depleted the raiding stopped and a less structured class of pirate took hold of the system. Eridani was scattered and the planet was on the verge of complete decivillisation, their saving grace came under a so-called pirate lord who found the world beset by the disenfranchised. Seeking a higher purpose he cobbled together a council of like-minded mercenaries who sought to liberate the people from their downward spiral. Subjugating the citizens, they re-established Eridani-Utopia as a broker for mercenary units, and neutral ground for those recognized as such.

Stable, though existing at a primitive level within the sector, they found an ally in the Church who proclaim their downfall an act of Ludd. While many criticise the Church for supporting Eridani, who were such an extensive purveyor or heresy (once a devil, always a devil), the Church acknowledges that Eridani-Utopia no longer produces or develops such technology, seeing their new lifestyle as one of redemption. However, what is not publicly known is that the founding Brotherhood of mercenaries who make up the council of nu-Eridani-Utopia contains wayward members of the Path.
[close]

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Everybody Loves KoC
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2023, 04:49:26 AM »

NEW KoC for Starsector 0.96a (1.04.42a)

1.04.42a (Update for SS 0.96a)
 - Decreased Prospector flux stats 100/1500 (-20/-300)
 - Increase Strix/Mun/Hun Dissipation to 150 (+30)
 - Added S.Energy to Defender, OP Increased to 40
 - Pulse Cannon - Damage increased to 700, flux decreased to 1050 (1.5 eff)
 - Pulse Cannon - range reduced to 500 (-100)
 - Pulse Cannon - rounds now detonate at +20% of max range (previously at -20% of max range)
 - Pulse Cannon rounds penetrate destoyed fighters
 - Gust removed EMP and reduced damage inline with 0.96a squall
 - Restored 2x Small Energy hardpoints to Manta
 - Bastilion/Defender - added no_auto_penalty
 - Bastilion/Defender - removed revised system hullmod
 - Bastilion/Defender - removed shields
 - Defender - added Medium Energy, increased OP to 45 (+5)
 - Added Hanger (1) to Bastillion, , OP Increased to 90 (+10)
 - Bastilion - replaced hanger with large energy
 - Hinny overhauled

- Added.ship Pranker
 - Added.ship Lasher (EU)
 - Added.ship Eridani_Gemini
 - Added.wing Ward support fighter

- Eridani fleet and relationship tweaks
 - Added additonal Eridani colony on Killa (Yma system)
 - Yma - Increased to size 6
 - Yma - Removed fullrenee spool
 - Yma - Upgraded Spaceport -> Megaport
 - Yma - Upgraded Military Base
 - Nomios - removed trade centre
 - Argeus - added headquarters

- Added.ship Truncheon destroyer
 - Removed.Added.ship Gurkha Troop Transport

*Note: Further minor changes to account for new SS version.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 04:51:36 AM by Great Wound »

Indie Winter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2023, 11:50:32 AM »

is there an option to link to the older 0.95 compatible version also? I'd like to try out the mod while I wait for the rest of the Starsector mods to catch up to 0.96

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2023, 03:48:11 PM »

is there an option to link to the older 0.95 compatible version also? I'd like to try out the mod while I wait for the rest of the Starsector mods to catch up to 0.96
No problem, added a link to the front page for you.

Mr-Freeman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2023, 06:07:11 PM »

NEW KoC for Starsector 0.96a (1.04.42a)

1.04.42a (Update for SS 0.96a)
 - Decreased Prospector flux stats 100/1500 (-20/-300)
 - Increase Strix/Mun/Hun Dissipation to 150 (+30)
 - Added S.Energy to Defender, OP Increased to 40
 - Pulse Cannon - Damage increased to 700, flux decreased to 1050 (1.5 eff)
 - Pulse Cannon - range reduced to 500 (-100)
 - Pulse Cannon - rounds now detonate at +20% of max range (previously at -20% of max range)
 - Pulse Cannon rounds penetrate destoyed fighters
 - Gust removed EMP and reduced damage inline with 0.96a squall
 - Restored 2x Small Energy hardpoints to Manta
 - Bastilion/Defender - added no_auto_penalty
 - Bastilion/Defender - removed revised system hullmod
 - Bastilion/Defender - removed shields
 - Defender - added Medium Energy, increased OP to 45 (+5)
 - Added Hanger (1) to Bastillion, , OP Increased to 90 (+10)
 - Bastilion - replaced hanger with large energy
 - Hinny overhauled

- Added.ship Pranker
 - Added.ship Lasher (EU)
 - Added.ship Eridani_Gemini
 - Added.wing Ward support fighter

- Eridani fleet and relationship tweaks
 - Added additonal Eridani colony on Killa (Yma system)
 - Yma - Increased to size 6
 - Yma - Removed fullrenee spool
 - Yma - Upgraded Spaceport -> Megaport
 - Yma - Upgraded Military Base
 - Nomios - removed trade centre
 - Argeus - added headquarters

- Added.ship Truncheon destroyer
 - Removed.Added.ship Gurkha Troop Transport

*Note: Further minor changes to account for new SS version.

ay Congrats excited to see all of them working and fighting around, and also excellent idea for the Eridani Utopia background i really liked it

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2023, 07:06:00 AM »

ay Congrats excited to see all of them working and fighting around, and also excellent idea for the Eridani Utopia background i really liked it

Thanks, I struggled with the concept of them for a while. Mostly because there's a hang-up that Eridani must be high-tech because they helped found the sector, which means Luddites must hate them. I was going to have them be pirates who became mercs using the legal status of Eridani to become 'legitimate' but once someone threw in the idea of them originally being pathers, it became more interesting.
Spoiler
You may have noticed that these guys are using exploration ships and have a tech-mining colony on Hanan Pacha. They're definitely looking for something...
[close]

Sneaky Peaky
[close]

twetyy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2023, 01:35:33 PM »

Removed mod, f this unbalanced ships.
6 capitals blasting "strix" FRIGATE for 10+ seconds and it wont die... and all of them equipped with mostly vs shield weapons... what is that shield dmg taken 0.0001?
And the frigate had no captains...

Edit: from testing, it's permanent shield buff with no downtime, it doesn't generate any hard flux while it's on like stated, and taking 12 sabots volley that say 200x2x5 put the ship at like 30-50% flux, rough calculation that's 44k dmg, default onslaught cant kill it for a minute when i keep ramming into it in 1v1 eating every single projectile/missile it can fire...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 02:06:48 PM by twetyy »

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2023, 05:50:29 PM »

Removed mod, f this unbalanced ships.
6 capitals blasting "strix" FRIGATE for 10+ seconds and it wont die... and all of them equipped with mostly vs shield weapons... what is that shield dmg taken 0.0001?
And the frigate had no captains...

Edit: from testing, it's permanent shield buff with no downtime, it doesn't generate any hard flux while it's on like stated, and taking 12 sabots volley that say 200x2x5 put the ship at like 30-50% flux, rough calculation that's 44k dmg, default onslaught cant kill it for a minute when i keep ramming into it in 1v1 eating every single projectile/missile it can fire...

Thanks for the feedback, believe it or not, the Strix is basically a vanilla Monitor with a couple of minor tweaks. The main difference is it trades the Flax for Heavy Bursts and has IPDAI build in. Stats for you to compare:

Comparisson
nameiddesignationtech/manufacturersystem idfleet ptshitpointsarmor ratingmax flux8/6/5/4%flux dissipationordnance pointsfighter baysmax speedaccelerationdecelerationmax turn rateturn accelerationmassshield typedefense idshield arcshield upkeepshield efficiency
MonitormonitorFrigateMidlinefortressshield5150017540001500120309012010060120200OMNI3000.50.8
StrixstrixFrigateMidlinefortressshield5150017540001500150359012010060120200FRONT3000.50.8
[close]

You'll be happy to hear that for the next release the frequency at which you'll encounter them has been reduced. And I'll knock the flux down so that it is in-line with the Monitor for you. If there's a anything else you can think of that needs tweaking let me know.

And as always, keep the criticism coming.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 05:52:40 PM by Great Wound »

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2023, 08:05:09 AM »

I was interested in this mod, but seeing as I'm having memory leak problems as is with not even that many faction mods, I am reluctant to try this since it adds 3 whole factions!

I still don't know which of the currently installed mods is causing the leak, and I have no idea how to identify which one it is, save for playing for hours with and without mods, until I finally identify the problem.

That said, I'll probably still try it. The ships and weapons seem fun and they look nice despite some ships being reskins.

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2023, 08:32:32 PM »

regarding your leak scenario...recommend to look at the intro thread to the "Adding mods to your game: first steps" thread on implementing a jre update (I also posted on how to give the jre more memory (i need more because i also run a ton of mods)

jvaler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2023, 06:27:59 PM »

There's a conflict with your mod and the base game:

The barrel sprites for the Mark XII Coach Cannon are overriding the vanilla barrel sprites for the Mark IX Autocannon.

I noticed they share identical file names and it may be the culprit, but I don't know as I'm not a modder.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 06:33:30 PM by jvaler »

jvaler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2023, 04:43:47 PM »

The Lagan and Nergal system names aren't capitalized

Knomoore is spelled differently in it's description and name.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 07:50:47 PM by jvaler »

Brightness

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2023, 09:52:11 AM »

everybody DOES love the ko combine!

Adventwolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2023, 07:48:05 AM »

Just installed this mod and already loving the new factions. Is there a description for the pranker though? The Valkaryie variants that Ko Combine created instead of scrapping is a nice little touch and gives them a solid platform to develop ships from.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14