Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: [0.97a] Everybody Loves KoC  (Read 177674 times)

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Everybody Loves KoC
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2022, 05:09:29 AM »

Here's my enabled mod list, if it can help:

"Angry Periphery",
  "periphery",

Thanks and found it! That'll be the cause of high demand-low prices on the colonies, Periphery is a much older version of Angry Periphery. Both are attempting to spawn markets on the same planets.

"luddandlions",
 "miner2049er",

I'm not sure which version of Ludd and Lions you're running but I've merged Manic Miners in to the newest version.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2022, 11:29:14 AM »

Thanks and found it! That'll be the cause of high demand-low prices on the colonies, Periphery is a much older version of Angry Periphery. Both are attempting to spawn markets on the same planets....
Darn, must've missed that one when I was swapping out new versions. Thanks for the heads up.  8)

"luddandlions",
 "miner2049er",
I'm not sure which version of Ludd and Lions you're running but I've merged Manic Miners in to the newest version.
So... if I'm using 'Of Ludd and Lions' V2.01.01b then I don't need 'Manic Miners' v1.04a?  ???

... ah, I see. The part of the image with the miners stuff on the Lions page was off screen, needed to push the slide bar. Might want to also mention the merger on the 'Maniac Miners' page.

Any clue what was causing the original conflict I posted about, or was it the Lion/Miner thing?

Edit: I just tried a new game with a fresh install of the latest KoC and the redundant periphery/miner files removed, and it seems to work just fine. Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 01:36:11 PM by Oni »

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2022, 05:55:18 AM »

Seems like a similar issue to some other mods recently that were adding pirate markets that kept deciving due to low stability.
Iirc those had "too many" industries which tanked the stability, which this isn't. But the lack of stability does seem to be the problem.

Base stability is 10, I think it may come down to trade routes/pirates.

I've taken a look and gone back to one of Vcuh's suggestions; removed Commerce and replaced it with light industry, this should help with the stability as they now produce their own domestic goods. Moved the Holosuite to the Cryosanctum as it fits in with their lore.

Hey there, I noticed a super duper tiny issue that I feel I must mention. The 'Manta' ship doesn't have a designation, so the game describes it as a 'Manta designation' rather than a 'Manta Light Frigate' or something.

Fixed for the next version, now designated as an 'Explorer'.

You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Luddics, not join them! Bring prosperity to the Sector, not leave it in ruins!

I'm keeping this :D

I served as inspiration? GREAT! Perfect place for a Star Wars reference.

darkwarrior1000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2023, 02:20:14 PM »

As a disclaimer the following was with nex enabled. I've noticed some issues with mbaye fleets being too heavy on revenants. I think this is because the mbaye phantom isn't a traditional crew transporter so they lack one altogether. The revenant doesn't hold much crew to begin with so just load up a shitzillion of them, wasting funds in the process(just a guess on my part since I don't know how nex does those internal calculations for fleets). Also, I'm not sure if this is just you being cheeky, but I saw an mbaye task force labeled task force - <error>.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2023, 04:53:22 PM »

NEW KoC 1.03.40dd

It's been a while since I've publicly released an update so enjoy! And as always, tell me what you hate!

Changes
1.03.40dd
 - Replaced KocBreaking with Waystation
 - Organs are illegal in Eridani
 - Added.ship Mercury (EU)
 - Added.ship Hinny
 - Added.ship Cerberus (EU)
 - Added MbG start
 - Added Phantom to MbG lineup
 - Added Dram to Eridani lineup
 - Added Fullrene Spool to Qaras
 - Upgraded food and organics production on Qaras
 - Manta - removed small mounts
 - Manta reduced OP to 70 (-5)
 - Manta reduced FP to 6 (-1)
 - Manta changed ship system to Q.Disruptor
 - Greki/Freki - Reduced Hull (-1000)
 - Migrated Heavy Mining laser from Ludd and Lions

- Removed Eridani Picket/Wolf/Vanguard
[close]

I'll be looking to give Eridani a few more planets at some point, so if you have suggestions for what they should be like, even if it's just novelty flavor let me know.

Edit: Not in the the change log: Added.Ship Haymaker
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 05:01:56 PM by Great Wound »

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2023, 09:35:45 AM »

Config Changes
More officers, more administrators, more contacts
Detection rating is now based upon your 10 biggest ships
Enhanced zoom-out.
More Pirate Pather Bases and the pirates willing to give you a bit more time before their first raid
No blinding light when ships explode
why the hell would you do this, why would you add config changes to a small ship and weapon pack for no good reason

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2023, 07:09:25 PM »

if i wanted to, could i use the custom start in nex?

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2023, 10:49:20 AM »

why the hell would you do this, why would you add config changes to a small ship and weapon pack for no good reason

Because I like those changes, also because I was too lazy to remove them... but don't worry, they're gone now!

KoC 1.03.41a - Weapons and variants? Weapons and variants!
changes
- Redid GravBurst -> Pulse Detonation Cannon
 - Redid X-pulse
 - Added X-Pulse (fighter)
 - Redid MK10->Mk12 Coach Cannon
 - Removed Sleipnir TPC (duplicate) entry from codex
 - Removed Maiden_single - (unused)
 - Removed Pulse Drone (C) x2 wing
 - Replaced Kites Pulse Drone (C) x2 with Pulse Drone Rade wing
 - Changed Universal Hardpoints to Synergy on Geist (MbG)
 - Changed L.Universal to Synergy on Phantom (MbG)
 - Changed S.Energy to Universal on Strix
 - Tweak and fix for Buffalo bug
 - Removed IPDAI from Fury and Oddykoc
 - Removed Built-in weapon from fury and restored OP to base value
 - Removed Built-in weapons from Oddykoc and restored OP to base value
 - Added ITU to Oddykoc
 - REDID MOST VARIANTS!
 - New Eridani and CHM Eridani hullmods
 - Removed config settings
 - Increased Atlas (C) OP to 185
[close]

Mr-Freeman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2023, 02:29:05 PM »

I'll be looking to give Eridani a few more planets at some point, so if you have suggestions for what they should be like, even if it's just novelty flavor let me know.

In canon Eridani is mostly an terraforming company, not very militarized i think the best would be making more of variations of civilian grade hulls, that would very fitting since terraforming takes a lot of resource people and fuel.

something like their own gemini, atlas and such keeping really good utility ships with some combat capabilities. to give them more power and unique set, also making them very fighter centric would be nice, since their ships need scourts.

their unique ships could be something like cool high\low tech terraforming equipment used as weapon

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2023, 02:59:27 AM »

In canon Eridani is mostly an terraforming company, not very militarized i think the best would be making more of variations of civilian grade hulls, that would very fitting since terraforming takes a lot of resource people and fuel.

something like their own gemini, atlas and such keeping really good utility ships with some combat capabilities. to give them more power and unique set, also making them very fighter centric would be nice, since their ships need scourts.
All Eridani logistics ships are some flavour of Shepherd+.
Built-in salvage and survey gear, fighter bays (most of which are full of Borers) and just enough weapons to be a fair support ship.
Not much direct power on thier own, but act as multipliers for other ships both in combat and campaign.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2023, 01:08:16 PM »

something like their own gemini, atlas and such keeping really good utility ships with some combat capabilities.

I hear you, unfortunately I've been unable to put together a line-up of civilian/survey ships for the most part. Which is why I leaned into them falling under mercenary rule, I can flesh out their line up with some low-tech rust buckets. It also explains the distinct lack of terraforming going on in the sector.

You're right on with the Gemini and I've already got one I can migrate across.

Smoke-Spear18

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2023, 10:16:59 PM »

Is Eridani only present when playing with nexrelin? I don't have that installed but I would like to see them. Not sure if i need to update KoC.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 10, 2023, 12:10:08 PM »

Is Eridani only present when playing with nexrelin? I don't have that installed but I would like to see them. Not sure if i need to update KoC.

No need for Nex.

Eridani can be found on Qaras in the Yma system.

Mr-Freeman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2023, 02:08:54 PM »

No need for Nex.

Eridani can be found on Qaras in the Yma system.

though eredani does not have or appear in NEX diplomatic events, ir does not even show up in the dip profiles, is this on purpose or an bug? mistake?

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2023, 02:39:25 PM »

eredani does not have or appear in NEX diplomatic events, ir does not even show up in the dip profiles, is this on purpose or an bug? mistake?

That is probably because Eridani-Utopia does not have a Nex FactionConfig. Vcuh666 and Nyctophonik were generous enough to put together profiles for the Ko Combine and Mbaye-Gogle. If you want to create one for Eridani I'm more than happy to add it to the release.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15