Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [0.96a] Nes's SAW 1.9h  (Read 156980 times)

CABLES

• Ensign
  • mmmm..... skyscraper....... i love you
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nes's SAW 1.9e
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2023, 02:44:42 PM »

a great little ship pack; i love the focus on quality over quantity. haven't had the chance to play with the lowtech ships yet but i've been liking the voltaire, carnelian, and fluorspar quite a lot (mostly the fluorspar). in particular i'm a big fan of the alternate color options on the fluorspar -- i've been brainstorming ideas for a "paintjob" mod for a while now using the same decal system as d-mods, but doing it as a swappable hullmod is a much simpler solution, tbh.

speaking of fluorspar, below are a few builds i found effective, for whoever wants them. build 1 is a player fit with modded weapons and hullmods, build 2 is a vanilla player fit, and build 3 is an ai-friendly vanilla fit.

build 1: to no-one's surprise, PD assault conversion is a goddamn house on this thing. the Magellan heavy flenser puts out great HE damage even when it isn't crit-boosted by the shipsystem, and all of the weapons reach at least 600 range with the elite PD skill. converted hangar is very nice since you have next to no slots available for acutal PD. the fluorspar's sole weakness (in my opinion) is that it's vulnerable to fighter swarms when cut off from the rest of the fleet -- which should be all of the time, you want to be flanking and ganking as much as possible in this ship. interceptor choice is up to you: i prefer DME dards for cheapness and their EMP missiles, but wasps are perfectly fine too.

build 2: more flux-intensive than the previous build, but the DPS is decent and the fluorspar's sheer speed and native bonus to active vent rate should allow a decent player to do very well with it. heavy needler works instead of the ion pulser, but i prefer pulser as it allows you to score easier mobility kills and disable threatening weapons when you're soloing capitals.

build 3: an ai-friendly version of the vanilla fit. flux-neutral at the cost of anti-armor DPS, though the single AMB should make up for it and also gives the ship a quasi-torpedo strike option. pair with an aggressive or reckless officer. systems expertise, ordnance expertise, and gunnery implants are the bare-minimum skills to really make the build shine. elite helmsmanship is solid for the +55 speed bonus while not generating flux, and targeting analysis is never a bad pick either.
CABLES#9505

Nes

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nes's SAW 1.9f
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2023, 08:59:17 AM »

update 1.9f
save compatible with 1.9 and above

Custom swappable paintjobs for Voltaire!

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2023, 11:08:25 AM »

Custom swappable paintjobs for Voltaire!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

thats damn pretty, love to see the use of your paintwork system.

AKAJIA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nes's SAW 1.9e
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2023, 07:19:51 PM »

translation friendliness update
save compatible with 1.9 and above

added translation support: externalized strings to data/strings/strings.json
also some balance tweaks
nice, thank you for your hard work. I really like your paintwork hullmod. excellent!

AKAJIA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2023, 01:45:31 AM »

HexShields does not work for Fluorspar. The previous Beacon also had this problem.

Nes

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2023, 04:44:28 AM »

HexShields does not work for Fluorspar. The previous Beacon also had this problem.
Not a bug. HexShields works on a whitelist basis, meaning any custom hullstyles must be added to the list first, so lets do that :)

Redownload the mod or grab this hex_whitelist.csv and place it inside the Nes's SAW/data/config folder.

AKAJIA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2023, 12:04:56 PM »

Not a bug. HexShields works on a whitelist basis, meaning any custom hullstyles must be added to the list first, so lets do that :)

Redownload the mod or grab this hex_whitelist.csv and place it inside the Nes's SAW/data/config folder.
I did it, thank you!

Nes

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nes's SAW 1.9g
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2023, 03:47:22 PM »

update 1.9g
NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE

-more customizable liveries, more!
-some qol features
-full patchnotes in the changelog

dawnway

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nes's SAW 1.9g
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2023, 09:15:09 PM »

So any chance that someone still have the 1.9f version ? my dumbass self only read the patch notes and forgot to read the latest post on the thread.
bricked my save again. if not its ok too

Nes

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nes's SAW 1.9gg
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2023, 09:12:31 AM »

update 1.9gg
starsector 0.96a compatibility

Screech9791

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Nes's SAW 1.9gg
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2023, 08:18:49 PM »

just tried out the mod today
the Fluorspar is a really fun ship and I love its appearance and performance
it'd fit right into a Kingdom of Terra fleet (if that mod ever gets updated for 0.96 properly, instead of just using the mod_info.json game version changing trick) with its aggressive playstyle, geological design, and a system that's good for ramming (if you ignore the lacking armor/hull defenses). it even makes perfect sense lore-wise - a ship made of crystals with timeflow-altering properties would be very fitting for a faction with a homeworld that has an extremely vast underground with varying levels of time dilation.

anyways I can't wait to see what else gets added to this mod in the future

Vilhelm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2023, 12:14:56 AM »

Is there any way i can enable the Deimos, I used it to make my favorite build and i miss it.

Nes

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2023, 11:28:02 AM »

Is there any way i can enable the Deimos, I used it to make my favorite build and i miss it.
Deimos is gone. Carnelian, however, may equip most loadouts a Deimos would, and carry them with much more grace i'd say :)

Vilhelm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2023, 12:25:03 AM »

Deimos is gone. Carnelian, however, may equip most loadouts a Deimos would, and carry them with much more grace i'd say :)

Thanks for the reply. I will do some theroy crafting with the Volt. I hope you can find a niche for it in the future (I used it as a PD ship focused on the small mounts with some lasers from tahlan shipworks) but what I love about your mod the absence of ship bloat, thanks for your work. Cheers

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2023, 05:14:21 AM »

The mod won't enable, it says it requires Magic Lib 1.0.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8