Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew  (Read 144954 times)

lance789

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2022, 10:33:50 AM »

any update for this mod? not actually sure if its working for me.

Noble Klaxon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2022, 05:27:15 PM »

any update for this mod? not actually sure if its working for me.

It's been working fine for me for over a year - no changes needed (yet)

xsiah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2023, 05:53:07 PM »

I think this needs an accompanying industry to make use of the commodity.

Tito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2023, 07:54:32 PM »

There is no officer dropping from fleets whatsoever, from any faction. Do you know why could that be?

XM16E

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2023, 05:16:22 PM »

Working on my own reimplementation of the officer capture mechanic - would like to credit Kensington for doing it first. Best wishes on his future work.

edit: too slow on my part, Matt Damon beat me to it with a better implementation

What's the mod called and link?

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2023, 07:48:12 PM »

Working on my own reimplementation of the officer capture mechanic - would like to credit Kensington for doing it first. Best wishes on his future work.

edit: too slow on my part, Matt Damon beat me to it with a better implementation

"Take No Prisoners" and it's discord exclusive.

Artarion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2023, 02:12:25 AM »

There is no officer dropping from fleets whatsoever, from any faction. Do you know why could that be?
Maybe another mod breaks it. For me it was "Everything recoverable". It was the same - no captured officers.

Falcon07

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2023, 12:07:48 PM »

What about adding slaves or captives as loot when raiding planets?
Or like for nexerelin's (now more complex) invasion mechanics?like getting actual captives and prisoners after taking over the planet?
I think it would be hard to tie it to actual numbers of enemy militia units eliminated in battle,but still a suggestion i suppose

Upvote for always wanting to capture more slaves/ prisoners. I dream of capturing Officers and AI of the enemy.

Falcon07

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2023, 12:10:12 PM »

Because there isn't anything stated here, I'll do so for the good of anyone coming to download this mod in the future, from what a few have pointed out, the Author is MIA and it likely won't be fixed (If it is fixed down the line I'll delete this, maybe.) But currently, Capture crew has a memory leak bug where EVERY officer gets loaded into memory. That doesn't sound too bad on the outset until you realize most fleets have about 6 or so officers, sometimes more, which will add up fast. I'd seen a post a while ago, think it was on the discord, where someone posted a crashlog and it was capture crew eventually just killing their save. If you download this mod, you're loading a ticking time bomb into your mods, there's no telling when it'll go off, much like Beyond the Sector, which, unsurprisingly is also made by the same author.
Very good to know.

Hopefully then someone puts the same concept into their larger bigger / better mod without the ticking time bomb.
Great heads up. I might remove it then. Will try one more game with it and see how long until it crashes. Thanks for the FYI/.

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Capture Officers and Crew
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2023, 12:11:16 PM »

The mod works great! However, there are some... weird events...

- This mod forbid you from capturing [Redacted] Officer, however, doesn't exclude the one from Battle Station where factions put AI core in. This resulting you having a very cool Officer that you shouldn't have. it's not supposed to happen, but i love it! (Welcome to the team, "Alpha Core C3")

- Consequently this mod "let" you capture Officers from mods (which you shouldn't have) too, so somehow, we have "Immortal Light Core X14" (From Approlight) and "Blade Breaker Core B7" (From Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering). So say hello to my "little" friends, human pilot!

-One downside from this mod is that you have to manually check each officers you have. This become a problem when you do "deluxe bombing" all around the sector and forget about those you captured, resulting 78 officers you have to manually click to choose their fate. The should be an option so we can "ransom all", "break all" or "butcher all", that would be cool.

I think you can capture special officers in unique events.
Likes special bounty and board bounty.
 I captured Omega after I take 365 days hunt mission.
and another is billboard one. (I captured level 10 Diable Avionics)
Ultimate officers use 10,000 credits to bibe them. [Extremely profitable.]
**As long as you can keep get hunt omega [365 day] bountry, I think we can get another level 10 officers.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2023, 12:46:09 PM »

There's nothing "special" about it. The mod doesn't discriminate between what can and can't be captured. It also has a massive memory leak because it doesn't limit who you catch and doesn't clean it up properly. Don't use this mod.

It's now two versions out of date, too.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2023, 10:27:36 PM »

i used to run this mod all the time. i would love to see it get an update that fixed it and brought it up to the current game version
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2023, 04:23:53 AM »

FFS, why?
Is it the unofficial Discord server? I can't join that one for some reason.

Jimminy Crimbles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2023, 05:28:43 AM »

FFS, why?
Is it the unofficial Discord server? I can't join that one for some reason.

it got posted on the forums a day after e made their post. here it is.

coolio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2024, 01:05:58 PM »

Liked this mod because it let you specifically capture crew. Just a peeve of mine that the other mods only focus on officers.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]