Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0  (Read 214071 times)

cghhj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.5.3
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2023, 10:14:31 PM »

Hello sir, could you allow me to translate your mod [Quality Captains: A Skill Rework] to Chinese, and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.  :D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 12:51:53 AM by cghhj »

BronzeMat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 04, 2024, 05:15:33 PM »

I would like to play the 95.1 version of this mod. Can you provide an old version of the mod

caekdaemon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 23, 2024, 04:16:05 AM »

Is there a complete list of triggers and criteria for the mod's milestones? I seem to have somehow completely missed the Usurpers one (I had to read the skill_data.csv to find out which it was) despite doing the entire quest :o

flower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 27, 2024, 03:05:37 AM »

Why do you nerf maintenance buff from 45% to 25%? This is not acceptable. You call that balance? No, it's total destruction of late game.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2024, 04:02:45 AM »

Why do you nerf maintenance buff from 45% to 25%? This is not acceptable. You call that balance? No, it's total destruction of late game.

I mean this is just a mod, you don't have to use it if you don't like the changes.  Or you could even adjust the value back to the original.

Renovator4830

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2024, 04:06:14 AM »

Imagine feeling this entitled for a free mod. You do know almost everything can be adjusted right?

Negitive

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 29, 2024, 01:38:06 PM »

Hey, I noticed that you indicated the existence of a Console Command that unlocks a milestone, but after sifting through the files for both this mod and console commands mod, and the help menu in the console, I cannot for the life of me find the command, so what is the applicable command?
High tech best tech.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 29, 2024, 06:51:54 PM »

Is there a complete list of triggers and criteria for the mod's milestones? I seem to have somehow completely missed the Usurpers one (I had to read the skill_data.csv to find out which it was) despite doing the entire quest :o

This one is awarded by completing the vanilla quest of the same name. It shouldn't need any special completion condition.

Hey, I noticed that you indicated the existence of a Console Command that unlocks a milestone, but after sifting through the files for both this mod and console commands mod, and the help menu in the console, I cannot for the life of me find the command, so what is the applicable command?

There's no console command, just debug java "runcode x().y(z)" type things. There's no up to date debug code on my end either, it needs to be reassembled from the conditions in the source java.

I would like to play the 95.1 version of this mod. Can you provide an old version of the mod
This probably works.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aitxiJV9DFz6IXJhKL_vE2biGoghmt9L/view

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 29, 2024, 10:57:59 PM »

Atlas with SMod Expanded Cargo exists do you know that? How are you having supplies problem anyway? Unless you are playing with stupid mods that added stupid ships with stupid maintenance cost then that is on you.

ErikaSupreme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 09, 2024, 03:29:32 PM »

How well does the current version of this mod with 0.97a?

mark.sucka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 10, 2024, 01:01:06 PM »

Atlas with SMod Expanded Cargo exists do you know that? How are you having supplies problem anyway? Unless you are playing with stupid mods that added stupid ships with stupid maintenance cost then that is on you.

Agreed.

I'm perplexed by the assertion it screws balance of late game.

Vanilla you've got Makeshift Equipment giving you 50% reduction with a cap of 100 units total, and Derelict Operations, giving you a theoretical 33% reduction with no cap if all of your ships have 5 d-mods.  Quality Captains gives you the same benefits on Derelict Operations but instead in the Jury Rigging skill, and a 25% reduction with no cap with Field Repairs skill.

The two versions will produce equal supply maintenance savings at 400 maintenance worth of ships, and Quality Captains version will provide superior maintenance reduction beyond that.  I don't know what your "late-game" is, but just 10 combat capitals is more than 400 maintenance, and most fleets of 20 combat cruisers would exceed 400 supply.  Unless late game for you is flying around with 30 frigates, Quality Captain's skill variants provide more maintenance savings than vanilla.

I'd argue it would actually be pretty unbalanced to layer 45% off with a pre-nerf Field Repairs, plus 33% off with Derelict Operations, plus 30% off with s-modded Efficiency Overall, and maybe even plus 15/30/45/60/75/90% off with s-modded Converted Fighter bays.  Taking a 6-bay ship like the Carter Freetraders Bolster and stacking all those discounts together, you've got a 50 supply capital ship operating for just 1.25 supply...how is that not extremely unbalanced?

nimtiz22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 14, 2024, 05:38:15 PM »

im assuming its nots compatible with .097a?

mark.sucka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2024, 06:07:14 PM »

im assuming its nots compatible with .097a?

Define "compatible".

For most mods, just change the mod_info.json file.
"gameVersion": "0.96a-RC10" => "0.97a"
Now it will launch

But yes, there will be some issues. The mod will "work" in 0.97, but the tweaks Alex made to adjust skills in 0.97 will basically be undone....this mod basically undoes vanilla skills anyway, so....

Dev will probably update to harmonize with 0.97's intended changes (like maybe also nerfing Hull Restoration to do a -5% CR per d-mod), and also update the gameversion number so it will be "compatible" without additional user involvement.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0
« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2024, 05:14:31 PM »

Updated for 0.97  8)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0
« Reply #269 on: February 20, 2024, 12:22:50 AM »

Dal, when I saw you were behind the great Knights of Ludd I was hoping you would have time to update this. I know it is save compatible but it is so worth a new game (to me) to get the maximum from it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20