Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 114

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.6 BETA [4/3/24]  (Read 744477 times)

Snowy-Birb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96] Arma Armatura v2.2.4 - Mechs/Fighters, wings with personality
« Reply #1305 on: October 31, 2023, 08:45:23 PM »

Which are the hullmods associated with the Warden's left arm? Would force-adding one of those hullmods via console commands fix the missing arm bug?

ShogunTrooper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 02, 2023, 09:12:26 AM »

I'm encountering a bug where the Watchdog's left arm is missing, whether bought from a market or spawned in via commands.

Tried both to see if it was some weird, one-off thing, but no, it is missing on all variants.

Evil Atlas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: November 02, 2023, 11:10:54 AM »

This issue may already be known, but the head-mounted point defense on the Altagrave(G) is just offset enough that it misses nearly any missile it shoots at. It looks like it's trying to aim the center of the head directly at the target, and since the laser is in one of the left eyes it goes right by.

Thaxor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 11, 2023, 05:59:21 PM »

Which are the hullmods associated with the Warden's left arm? Would force-adding one of those hullmods via console commands fix the missing arm bug?

So I found (I think) the problem with the Warden's arm. If you decompile armaa.jar and look in data/hullmods/armaa_weaponSwap_monitor.java you'll see significant changes from the current 2.2.4 and prior versions. Specifically whole sections referring to the left arm are missing, which probably explains the issue.

I think replacing the current 2.2.4s armaa_weaponSwap_monitor.java with an older one will fix the issue, however I know nothing about java and am having trouble recompiling all the .java files back into a .jar.

If I can figure out how to do that and it works I'll post an updated .jar and update here. Alternatively if someone else knows how to do this what would be awesome and save me some brain cells :p

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: November 12, 2023, 07:56:56 AM »

So I dunno if anyone else has noticed this, but having a WINGCOMM Suite in a disengage battle prevents retreating.

I honest to god don't know what to do, because I go to retreat but my named fighters are treated as ships still in the engagement and will not retreat also. They'll just stand-off at 16500 units outside of the engagement zone preventing themselves from being destroyed and also from ending the fight.

Thaxor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: November 12, 2023, 08:24:18 AM »

So I found (I think) the problem with the Warden's arm. If you decompile armaa.jar and look in data/hullmods/armaa_weaponSwap_monitor.java you'll see significant changes from the current 2.2.4 and prior versions. Specifically whole sections referring to the left arm are missing, which probably explains the issue.

I think replacing the current 2.2.4s armaa_weaponSwap_monitor.java with an older one will fix the issue, however I know nothing about java and am having trouble recompiling all the .java files back into a .jar.

If I can figure out how to do that and it works I'll post an updated .jar and update here. Alternatively if someone else knows how to do this what would be awesome and save me some brain cells :p

Welp, I give up (that was fast). Trying to recompile all the .java files is just tossing up error after error that I don't know how to resolve. I'm guessing decompiling them introduced some inconsistencies, otherwise I'm not sure why the .java files pulled directly from the working .jar is causing issues.

I still think the error with the Watchdog has to do with the current armaa_weaponSwap_monitor.java file, but without being able to test it I can't say. Hopefully someone better versed in Java can figure this out.

Good luck.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: November 17, 2023, 04:03:25 AM »

Welp, I give up (that was fast). Trying to recompile all the .java files is just tossing up error after error that I don't know how to resolve. I'm guessing decompiling them introduced some inconsistencies, otherwise I'm not sure why the .java files pulled directly from the working .jar is causing issues.

I still think the error with the Watchdog has to do with the current armaa_weaponSwap_monitor.java file, but without being able to test it I can't say. Hopefully someone better versed in Java can figure this out.

Good luck.

I'll post fix for current version that should restore the arm in a sec. the current update is in testing now, so far so good. edit: done. you can redl and should have both arms

So I dunno if anyone else has noticed this, but having a WINGCOMM Suite in a disengage battle prevents retreating.

I honest to god don't know what to do, because I go to retreat but my named fighters are treated as ships still in the engagement and will not retreat also. They'll just stand-off at 16500 units outside of the engagement zone preventing themselves from being destroyed and also from ending the fight.

I don't know if this is relate to wingcom since it doesn't change AI or ship classification, but i'll double check.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 04:51:52 AM by shoi »

Yaveton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 18, 2023, 12:26:44 AM »

Hello, there seems to be some issues with running ARMA with Realistic Combat, Cataphracts' swords have stack overflow range on them (basically infinite range)

@edit: Added SS of the cataphract in question
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 07:47:03 AM by Yaveton »

Thaxor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: November 19, 2023, 09:47:55 AM »

Hello, there seems to be some issues with running ARMA with Realistic Combat, Cataphracts' swords have stack overflow range on them (basically infinite range)

@edit: Added SS of the cataphract in question

Realistic Combat gives all (?) beam weapons "infinite" range. That is an intended feature but implemented on the swords is a bug.

Not sure how to remedy that though. Possibly editing the swords weapon/damage type would resolve this.

lustfull

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: November 23, 2023, 07:48:26 AM »

Will the next update be save compatible?

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: November 23, 2023, 11:25:13 AM »

So I know its cringe to be shilling a game in a forum like this but

Y'all tried Cavalry Girls on Steam ?

I'm getting arma armatura but its land combat vibes, y'all might want to check it out

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: November 23, 2023, 03:01:27 PM »

what another update?  i was thinking this mod was dead.  any mild spoilers on whats in the update for us armaa nerds?  i essentially always use the sleeper start, that mech is so fun.
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

CyphCyph

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 24, 2023, 10:01:03 AM »

After playing alot with strikecraft and non-armaa carriers, i think specialized service bays should be a hullmod available to be used on other carriers. There are so many carriers that feel like they would benefit from being a fleet anchor for refitting, but they unfortunately are forced to not be as fast as the Fenris for that purpose. Just my 2 cents though, love the mod.

Ranger Dimitri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: November 25, 2023, 08:52:06 AM »

So, question, is the patch for Nex ground battles required for the most recent version of either it or this mod? Also I do think having Specialized service bays be a potential modspec in it's own right would be neat. I enjoy the Fenris a lot to be sure, however sometimes you can't help but want some variety in what you are using and not having such a penalty for using other carrier's and strikecraft would be nice. Oh, and for that matter allow Arma Armatura version of advanced optics to be it's own modspec possibly?

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 29, 2023, 09:23:41 AM »

I'll post fix for current version that should restore the arm in a sec. the current update is in testing now, so far so good. edit: done. you can redl and should have both arms

Thanks, glad to have this back.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 114