Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 569273 times)

Mereyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.73c / 0.73c1
« Reply #705 on: March 19, 2023, 07:10:02 PM »

It's a great mod and I've had a lot of fun playing thread the needle with Semibreves when assaulting enemy stations, you can knock those out in one single hit if you manage to hit the missile between the overlapping shields. Now, a question: the mod adds numerous npc's you can converse with and they seem to follow the same type of pattern - converse, compliment, insult and ask them what are their thoughts on something, all those work, but asking them what their thoughts are on something leads nowhere, is that because the mod is WIP or did I install something incorrectly?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 07:17:21 PM by Mereyl »

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 19, 2023, 10:51:48 PM »

It's a great mod and I've had a lot of fun playing thread the needle with Semibreves when assaulting enemy stations, you can knock those out in one single hit if you manage to hit the missile between the overlapping shields. Now, a question: the mod adds numerous npc's you can converse with and they seem to follow the same type of pattern - converse, compliment, insult and ask them what are their thoughts on something, all those work, but asking them what their thoughts are on something leads nowhere, is that because the mod is WIP or did I install something incorrectly?

The "converse" system originally comes from a different mod, I think. Maybe Iron Shell. Right now UAF is a WIP and most of the conversation options don't really do anything, as far as I know, except for a few special dialogues that open when you max out your rep with certain NPCs.

Mereyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 20, 2023, 04:09:21 AM »

Seems that'd be Iron Shell since I don't have PAGSM installed, only the Diktat Enhancement, thanks for the clarification. Time to pay my taxes, I suppose.

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 20, 2023, 09:29:33 AM »

Seems that'd be Iron Shell since I don't have PAGSM installed, only the Diktat Enhancement, thanks for the clarification. Time to pay my taxes, I suppose.
To further clarify in case my words were confusing: the UAF converse system is coded based on the conversation system from another mod, it doesn't require raising rep with a different mod faction to unlock anything. In fact, generally speaking the UAF and both the Iron Shell and the SFC hate each other over competing fuel production industries + the UAF's usage of AI.

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 20, 2023, 09:38:05 AM »

Im having a problem with Minibreves on the Puricella.
So I got ahhh...., all slots with minibreves that are possible, so 8 small and 4 medium I think.
If I set them to Linked it is obviously overkill and a waste of ammo.
If I set them to alternating, due to the firing time they come out one after the other with quite some delay making them useless against ships with PD.
If I set them into 3 weapon groups Im again back to the problem that I dont have a fine control of how many I shoot and cant see all their reload timers at once.

So in essensce while a delayed missle firing might seem nice when using them linked or only one, its quite frustrating to deal with when the number goes up.

I tried to find where the delay timer is in the files, but didnt manage to find it.
to be done some day... XD

Kanjejou

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 20, 2023, 06:06:45 PM »

cant launch game with this mod it tell me it lack fatal ship hull spec uaf_wing_stratos_chaetura not found any ideas?

edit: after downloading multiple time it seems to work
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 06:46:32 PM by Kanjejou »

Cheru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 22, 2023, 02:58:50 PM »

I'm running 0.73c1 version of the mod.

Do I need to have UAF commission to unlock acces to other npcs and that additional system? I raised my rep with to 52 by now, but the option "UAF access" leads to nothing...

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 22, 2023, 11:04:56 PM »

Do I need to have UAF commission to unlock acces to other npcs and that additional system? I raised my rep with to 52 by now, but the option "UAF access" leads to nothing...
Yes, you need a commission.

Cheru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 23, 2023, 03:52:29 AM »

Yes, you need a commission.

Got you, thanks for the answer. Well... goodbuy my colony, I hardly knew ya(about to be attacked by half the sector xD).

Koranea

• Ensign
  • Like spaceships, anime, tabletop models, DnD.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 23, 2023, 04:41:47 AM »

Edit: i think its something else, so ignore this.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 11:25:38 AM by Koranea »

Stivenn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 23, 2023, 06:38:49 AM »

Should "The Queen's Gambit" be spawning on Kazeron in the market? Cause i heard that you could only find it on Favonius?

Junker99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 24, 2023, 02:11:16 PM »

So I got the story quest on from the federation, but I went to the planet, nothing, no ping, some wrecks nothing in them, checked the planet, checked to raid the planet nothing. I'm not sure what the heck I'm doing wrong here but I'm going to lose out on this as the timer ticks down and I try to find it :(

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 24, 2023, 03:38:58 PM »

So I got the story quest on from the federation, but I went to the planet, nothing, no ping, some wrecks nothing in them, checked the planet, checked to raid the planet nothing. I'm not sure what the heck I'm doing wrong here but I'm going to lose out on this as the timer ticks down and I try to find it :(
Open the contacts window on the planet and talk to the UAF spy.

Ledah

• Ensign
  • Off to scour the sector for pre-collapse Fumos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 25, 2023, 11:27:20 PM »

Hello! Very big fan of this mod!  :)
I found a bug I could reproduce (And stays on my colonies after saving and reloading) on the 0.73c1 hotfix version.
I'm able to acquire both income and upkeep multipliers for "Bakery: Population" simply by hovering over the Interplanetary Confectionery structure and seeing its description...
The multiplier values assigned seem to be random, but can be changed by doing the same steps on a new month. When the bakery's actually built though, the multipliers do the changes on its own every month (Is it simulating sales?   8)).

Also, is this the preferred place for reports / suggestions? I'd very much like to help with spotting bugs and spelling mistakes when the time comes. Just keeping them all in a list right now  :P
Smuggler?! I prefer "Sneaky Relief Fleet Captain"
Will pay taxes for coffee mommy head-pats

Insolent Peon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 26, 2023, 05:21:21 PM »

Just tried to start a new UAF campaign and got a nasty 2-part bug.

First, the robo-queen on Lunamun somehow got selected as my starter contact. Then, when I tried to talk to her, the game just kinda... deleted my fleet. I got an error message, then the game acted like I'd been defeated in combat and spit me out of the contact menu with nothing to my name.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 78