Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 394

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3000782 times)

Verx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5g "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-01)
« Reply #2730 on: December 01, 2019, 07:47:45 PM »

is it normal that once you make a colony indipendent they will do absolutly nothing? since i can't build for them , i can't give them money , and they don't seems to build or try to do nothing , it mean i should make them indipendend after building them up ?  is it something wanted or i'm missunderstanding something?

Digganob

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: December 01, 2019, 08:28:18 PM »

is it normal that once you make a colony indipendent they will do absolutly nothing? since i can't build for them , i can't give them money , and they don't seems to build or try to do nothing , it mean i should make them indipendend after building them up ?  is it something wanted or i'm missunderstanding something?

Yeah I think that's how it works right now. Personally I think all the autonomous colonies should be like their own faction almost, with 20% of their income going to the player of course. So like you make a new colony autonomous when you have several more, and the other autonomous colonies will support it and automatically build industries and buildings and crap. So that you can don't have to make a maxed out colony every time you want to make one autonomous.

Verx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: December 01, 2019, 08:39:56 PM »

Yeah I think that's how it works right now. Personally I think all the autonomous colonies should be like their own faction almost, with 20% of their income going to the player of course. So like you make a new colony autonomous when you have several more, and the other autonomous colonies will support it and automatically build industries and buildings and crap. So that you can don't have to make a maxed out colony every time you want to make one autonomous.

well, i just spamed 8 colony , and just made them autonomus , hoping that in 1 year they would have the money to build 1 mine \ farm and forget about them .... it didn't happen .... whats more annoying its that i can't build on them, so i've to remove the indipendency , and build :\

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: December 02, 2019, 06:28:30 PM »

Is there any way to become an Governor of another factions colony that is larger then size 4 ?

And is it possible to found colonies for a faction that is not your own?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2734 on: December 03, 2019, 04:42:39 PM »

well, i just spamed 8 colony , and just made them autonomus , hoping that in 1 year they would have the money to build 1 mine \ farm and forget about them .... it didn't happen .... whats more annoying its that i can't build on them, so i've to remove the indipendency , and build :\
Autonomous colonies (and ordinary NPC colonies) will build stuff (usually, they have a chance to roll not to build anything) when they grow in size, or if their controlling faction changes. Although if their growth rate is negative, this is not going to work; paying for growth incentives first can help.

Anyway, it's intended that the player spends money to build their initial farm/mine for them (rather than dumping 1,000 people on some random planet with no economic activity).

You also already get a 20% share of autonomous colony income.

Is there any way to become an Governor of another factions colony that is larger then size 4 ?

And is it possible to found colonies for a faction that is not your own?
- No
- You can found a colony, then transfer it to the desired faction (needs undock+redock to get the admin to appear in comm board)

Verx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: December 04, 2019, 10:01:51 AM »

Autonomous colonies (and ordinary NPC colonies) will build stuff (usually, they have a chance to roll not to build anything) when they grow in size, or if their controlling faction changes. Although if their growth rate is negative, this is not going to work; paying for growth incentives first can help.

Anyway, it's intended that the player spends money to build their initial farm/mine for them (rather than dumping 1,000 people on some random planet with no economic activity).

You also already get a 20% share of autonomous colony income.

oh... so its just that i should have spend money when i founded them , well, since i went out of my way to remove indipendence , build up things and give them indipendence again , i guess it will work out somehow ... good to know , its better to make them indipendent mid-way , more than when you already did evrything .

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: December 08, 2019, 05:14:23 PM »

I probably am not the first one asking, but could the Stormhawk republic be a bit more constrained by the limits of sanity?

Their bases seem to just appear randomly in the system they are raiding making their actual discovery a diceroll, their fleet composition is really, really limited and it can lead to absolutely disgusting results. 12 Astral, 7 Condor 5 Drover kind of disgusting.

The fact I apparently can not even wipe their faction out makes it even worse. I do not have issues dealing with them when it comes to actually winning but the battles are just an absolute chore. I've litterally had to re-engage one of their fleets three times after they retreated due to losses to finally win and have them run.
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2737 on: December 09, 2019, 03:36:13 AM »

I probably am not the first one asking, but could the Stormhawk republic be a bit more constrained by the limits of sanity?

Their bases seem to just appear randomly in the system they are raiding making their actual discovery a diceroll, their fleet composition is really, really limited and it can lead to absolutely disgusting results. 12 Astral, 7 Condor 5 Drover kind of disgusting.

The fact I apparently can not even wipe their faction out makes it even worse. I do not have issues dealing with them when it comes to actually winning but the battles are just an absolute chore. I've litterally had to re-engage one of their fleets three times after they retreated due to losses to finally win and have them run.
Soren, pls fix Stormhawks

They're from Vayra's Sector mod, so you should post there. (And/or disable them in VAYRA_SETTINGS.ini)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: December 09, 2019, 08:57:22 AM »

Soren, pls fix Stormhawks

They're from Vayra's Sector mod, so you should post there. (And/or disable them in VAYRA_SETTINGS.ini)

Oh snap. I'm sorry xD

Thank you for the heads up! I might just copy paste it in that thread...

Edit: Deleting them from the mod might be a tad extreme, I just wish they actually sort of limited their capital spam. Granted that massive 12 capital carrier fleet was a revenge one but it mad more than double the total FP than any other ones. It's not fun in the slightest, especially when combined with enemy reinforcements coming in after you kill one and IMMEDIATELY curbstomping any flanking ship of yours doing its job from across the map.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 09:03:43 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: December 09, 2019, 03:56:39 PM »

Some more quick questions:

1) How come other factions can commit saturation bombardments without getting Hegemony, Luddic Church, Persean League and Independents all the way up their ***, but if I do saturation bombardments, then it means war with all of them?

This is a tad annoying since, in some of my games, some factions (I'm looking your way, Imperium, put down that Titan!) liked to bomb some other colonies to the point of decivilization

2) Do the [REDACTED] show up in randomly generated sector with the event - Derelict Empire?

3) The Derelicts seem to be giving missions, such as survey and exploration - is this intentional? What is the benefit to getting rep with them?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2740 on: December 09, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »

1) How come other factions can commit saturation bombardments without getting Hegemony, Luddic Church, Persean League and Independents all the way up their ***, but if I do saturation bombardments, then it means war with all of them?

This is a tad annoying since, in some of my games, some factions (I'm looking your way, Imperium, put down that Titan!) liked to bomb some other colonies to the point of decivilization
The Sector is unfair that way <shrugging emoji>
(cf. various past topics on this subject)

However, the asymmetry here is the main reason why there's an allowNPCSatBomb config in exerelin_config.json, so you can remove this source of unequal treatment.
(This doesn't remove the territorial sat bomb though, I never did get around to replacing that with an invasion or something)

2) Do the [REDACTED] show up in randomly generated sector with the event - Derelict Empire?
They won't appear in the "core" systems, but should spawn as normal in the areas beyond those.

3) The Derelicts seem to be giving missions, such as survey and exploration - is this intentional? What is the benefit to getting rep with them?
Not intentional, but preventing this involved more messing with the guts of the base game's code than I wanted to do.
You still can't trade with them if you somehow manage to get enough rep with them to stop being hostile, but they won't attack you at least.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: December 10, 2019, 01:53:47 PM »

I've just been getting a tad annoyed with the other factions bombing some colonies into oblivion. "Don't kill them, I might want to fight them later!"

By the way, in my current playthrough, Luddic Church invaded a colony previously owned by Diable Avionics. This colony had AI cores set up in the industries and buildings, and now the Ludds Knights are merrily using AI cores, whilst basically hating AI and having a disposition penalty towards other factions utilising AI cores. Any way to make it so that they don't use the AI cores upon invading colonies that use them? This would make sense when applied to most factions that are wary of AI.

Also, in conjunction with a faction mod called Legacy of Arkgneisis, which brings Anarakis Reparation Society, there is a bit of an oddity if you have Prism Freeport enabled. Basically, if you have good rep with ARS, you can buy some blueprints on their military markets. One blueprint is literally for just one weapon, but when you exchange it at the PF, it was worth like 1,5k or 2,5k points, an absolutely obscene amount for its actual value. If the ARS has several colonies with military markets, you can basically keep going around buying their blueprints, trading them in at the freeport for other blueprints. I think I mentioned it in that mods thread, as well.

EDIT: Found what seems to be a bug. So, a colony that had an orbital station got decivilized. Upon arriving in the system, it shows the orbital station as "Under Construction". Upon interacting with the station, it let me explore the ruins, and, after that, form a colony. Now, the issue is, after I set up a colony, I can still interact with said orbital station, and it gives me an option to start a colony on the same planet that already has a colony. Upon selecting the option, it withdraws resources.

Edit 2: It's queued up a second spaceport building.

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:34:17 AM by xucthclu »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2742 on: December 12, 2019, 05:20:21 AM »

By the way, in my current playthrough, Luddic Church invaded a colony previously owned by Diable Avionics. This colony had AI cores set up in the industries and buildings, and now the Ludds Knights are merrily using AI cores, whilst basically hating AI and having a disposition penalty towards other factions utilising AI cores. Any way to make it so that they don't use the AI cores upon invading colonies that use them? This would make sense when applied to most factions that are wary of AI.
I might do something about that issue that sometime, yeah.
(It'd likely be hugely annoying to destroy cores outright if it's the player colony that gets captured, but the cores could go in storage maybe)

Also, in conjunction with a faction mod called Legacy of Arkgneisis, which brings Anarakis Reparation Society, there is a bit of an oddity if you have Prism Freeport enabled. Basically, if you have good rep with ARS, you can buy some blueprints on their military markets. One blueprint is literally for just one weapon, but when you exchange it at the PF, it was worth like 1,5k or 2,5k points, an absolutely obscene amount for its actual value. If the ARS has several colonies with military markets, you can basically keep going around buying their blueprints, trading them in at the freeport for other blueprints. I think I mentioned it in that mods thread, as well.
Yea it's a known issue. I told Gwyvern how to lower the Prism trading value of the blueprints, so this may be fixed when LoA updates.

EDIT: Found what seems to be a bug. So, a colony that had an orbital station got decivilized. Upon arriving in the system, it shows the orbital station as "Under Construction". Upon interacting with the station, it let me explore the ruins, and, after that, form a colony. Now, the issue is, after I set up a colony, I can still interact with said orbital station, and it gives me an option to start a colony on the same planet that already has a colony. Upon selecting the option, it withdraws resources.

Edit 2: It's queued up a second spaceport building.

Spoiler

[close]
Hmm, couldn't reproduce using the minimal way (console DestroyColony), the defense station just disappears and for custom station entities (like Jangala) the planet can't be re-colonized through interacting with the station, it just acts like the abandoned station. Nexerelin doesn't modify the player colonization process, anyway.

I thought it might be Boggled's station mod, but that works a different way.

Was this with a random sector core world? Or a handmade (non-procgen) planet added by a mod? (Doesn't look like either, but I want to be sure)

It may be best to make a thread in the modded bug reports subforum; maybe I'll do that later.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: December 12, 2019, 02:29:59 PM »

Well, cores aren't THAT hard to farm, but it could be an annoyance, yeah. On a side note, Tri-Tach took over one of my Alpha Core governed colonies, and they now have a colony with an Alpha Core governing it. This one makes sense, tho, since it's Tri-Tach, after all.

I hadn't seen Boggled's mod before, it's not that. It's the handmade sector, and it's not a system added by any mod, as far as I know.

I think originally it was one of the colonies formed by a tri-tach expedition, the colony got decivilized, most likely, while building the orbital station. The second spaceport never ended up being built, it disappeared. The phantom station kept being there until I started building a real orbital station to replace it.

Edit: Is there any way to tweak blueprint drops from raids? It's gotten a tad ridiculous, fighting a star fortress and then wasting tons of fuel on bordbardment, only to get a blueprint for a weapon, and a lot of the time these are already known. So far, exploration has been way more valuable in obtaining blueprints. I've literally not once seen a capital bp drop from raids, cruisers, tops.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 02:23:22 PM by xucthclu »

Namesarehard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: December 13, 2019, 02:31:03 PM »

Approlight doesn't work properly with alliances right now
currently you don't count as being commissioned if you are in an alliance with the faction
I'm making a comment here as I'm not certain if this is something that Histidine needs to fix or the Approlight mod dev needs to fix or both.
also if you don't mind me asking what part of the mod's files adds alliance commissions?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 09:45:53 PM by Namesarehard »
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 394