Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0  (Read 258879 times)

SpadeDraco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0
« Reply #315 on: July 06, 2024, 09:39:42 AM »

PSA: Milestones update on the same tick that things like profitable trade xp trigger on.

You don't get them immediately. Wait a few ingame weeks before reporting a missing one as a bug.

Boop

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 14, 2024, 02:53:28 AM »

How would I go about increasing the chances of Hull Restoration?

hanifsiberian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 27, 2024, 10:58:50 AM »

So i save my game, completed knight of ludd achievement and got the milestone
but my power cut off, redo the same thing, and also completed usurper mission,check my milestone, i got the usurper but my knight of ludd achievement was missing, is there anyway for me to add one manually or fix it?

Edit : also realize completing pk mission does get me one of the milestone, but i did not get it too, but i have not sell my pk yet
« Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 11:05:42 AM by hanifsiberian »

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 08, 2024, 11:34:18 AM »

hey just so you are aware, acquiring one of this mods 'millstones' permently locks one out of being able to reassign skills.
I have tried everything from disabling the mod, to disabling milestones. nothing helps.

Jimminy Crimbles

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 08, 2024, 06:05:28 PM »

hey just so you are aware, acquiring one of this mods 'millstones' permently locks one out of being able to reassign skills.
I have tried everything from disabling the mod, to disabling milestones. nothing helps.

did you wait a day for the milestones to be removed from the skill list before you tried reassigning? this is a known issue, can't be fixed because of how vanilla code works
you have to disable milestones in the settings, then wait for them to disappear, then reassign.
after that, you can reenable milestones

JerryTC

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 13, 2024, 03:43:36 PM »

is there a version to just have the milestones? i dont really care for the rebalances in the slightest but really like the idea of milestones/skills you earn through quests

Amon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 15, 2024, 02:42:38 AM »

I've updated the mod to make the milestones setting toggle take effect instantly instead of having to wait in-game 7 days. Makes the skill reassign issue bearable.

I tried to get jdk7 for my system but couldn't find a valid source, so you'd need jre8 to use this.
Quality.Captains-jdk8.zip
Alt: Quality.Captains-jdk8.zip

Also, why is the attachment limit so low?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2024, 12:20:41 PM by Amon »

Skay24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 22, 2024, 05:06:55 AM »

Hi new to this mod, I added this mod mid game. so I hope I can get all the milestones.But if I Want to ask about the 3 option you have to choose.
1) Stock Tiers
2) Less restrictive tiers
3) Untiered
What give the 3 option what is the difference between them?

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 22, 2024, 05:50:30 AM »

Hi new to this mod, I added this mod mid game. so I hope I can get all the milestones.But if I Want to ask about the 3 option you have to choose.
1) Stock Tiers
2) Less restrictive tiers
3) Untiered
What give the 3 option what is the difference between them?
Mainly, 'Stock Tiers' requires that the player have a certain number of lower-tier skills before getting access to higher-tier skills.

Thus, 'Less Restrictive' means Exactly What It Says on the Tin; you can purchase higher-tier skills without needing to have (as many) lower-tier skills as vanilla Starsector.

And 'Untiered' means you can take any tier skill at any point, without having to buy any lower-tier skills at all.

delta4873

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 09, 2024, 04:08:54 AM »

I've updated the mod to make the milestones setting toggle take effect instantly instead of having to wait in-game 7 days. Makes the skill reassign issue bearable.

I tried to get jdk7 for my system but couldn't find a valid source, so you'd need jre8 to use this.

That link is dead, could you upload it somewhere else?

Segd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 13, 2024, 12:03:55 PM »

One of my favorite mods! Making every value customizable made this mod the core of many different playthroughs!

Amon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 13, 2024, 12:19:34 PM »

That link is dead, could you upload it somewhere else?

Here. Quality.Captains-jdk8.zip

ReconUnitZero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 15, 2024, 01:14:02 AM »

Greatly appreciate this mod as it's one of the few that allow proper balancing of automated ships and the cores when using larger scale derelict and other automated ship mod additions.

Will there be further enhancements of this mod with varying tiers of elite skill upgrades rather than just one tier so that there is more progressive enhancements to both your own captain / fleets abilities ?

Fenrir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 21, 2024, 07:14:56 PM »

Thank you for this amazing mod! I just wonder if it is possible to apply only the milestones but not the skill changes?
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 21, 2024, 08:05:34 PM »

Thank you for this amazing mod! I just wonder if it is possible to apply only the milestones but not the skill changes?
There is a way, but not recommended; make a backup of the entire 'Quality Captains' folder before doing anything else!

Once you've created that backup .zip / .rar / .7z archive (the last two have better compression, but is irrelevant for anything that's smaller than double-digit megabytes) and stored it elsewhere...

1. In Windows' File Explorer, make your way to your Starsector 'mods' folder; more specifically, to '<Starsector installation path>\mods\Quality Captains\data\characters\skills\'

2. Delete any/all of the files that end with .skill, except for those that start with 'captains_'; those are what tell the game to use the Quality Captains versions of said skills or not.

The game would CTD if the 'captains_' .skill files were missing, as those are the added milestones.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23