Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 654164 times)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Arma Armatura 1.4.8RC3 (5/28/2021)
« Reply #300 on: July 18, 2021, 03:58:51 PM »

Yeah, though the newer ones might be closer to Midline (at least aesthetically?) I probably should drop another teaser or something. Feels like the update is pretty close, but I keep thinking about adding one more..

Kinda wondering why the Altagrave G's grenade don't detonate on impact ?

Because I didn't think about doing that until after I made the aleste's dispersal grenade  ;)
it'll explode on proximity in the update

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 18, 2021, 05:05:39 PM »

NEWER ONESSSSS
more than one?!

how exciting
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 19, 2021, 03:56:42 PM »

It occurs to me this mod has a LOT of strike crafts and not a single carrier to field them

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 19, 2021, 09:46:53 PM »

There are vanilla carriers that do that just fine. I don't see a need to add one for no reason

Pep

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2021, 08:09:45 AM »

One od the new skills is called "cybernetic augmentation"
I saaw you talking about granting some kind of NEXT-esque bonus to characters but didnt know the best way to make it work, and i think a buff for officers with that skill would be a great way to increase their viability as a flagship late game

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2021, 08:35:18 AM »

I saaw you talking about granting some kind of NEXT-esque bonus to characters but didnt know the best way to make it work, and i think a buff for officers with that skill would be a great way to increase their viability as a flagship late game

One way I could see this being happen would be some sort of built in hullmod whose effects increase with the levels the pilot puts into the various skill trees

To exemplify this

+1 level in Combat (red) tree gives more Range
+1 level in Command (green) tree gives more Top Speed
+1 level in Technology (blue) reduces Flux per damage on shields
+1 level in Industry (yellow) improves armor/hull

and each level further boosts that assuming its even possible
maybe call it "Human Plus"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 12:39:00 PM by hydremajor »

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 20, 2021, 12:58:37 PM »

There are vanilla carriers that do that just fine. I don't see a need to add one for no reason

Well, a not very good reason is just to clarify flavor of "faction," although this doesn't matter so much since the market added counts as independent.  However, it could present an good opportunity to play around with carrier ai as it relates to custom modded special abilities.  The lazy carrier special ability that could be added is something like a launch catapult (like launches one at a time, but very quickly and ships get huge temp speed/maneuverability boost coming out.  Or just the reverse of the Astral carrier and teleport mechs halfway to target, although I guess this version would require basically some sort of resupply mechanism to make it worthwhile, which might end up taking up an LRM slot and too much mucking around with fighter AI).  Or just that a better version of legion carrier that launches mechs/fighters with extra temporary shields or maybe a version the new damper fields UNDER shields for a legit combat carrier (although damper fields would have to be permanent until blocked X number of shots, then discarded, I guess).  Perhaps this would be the end result of the damaged mech sprite experiment, if that ever gets off the ground.

However, since all of this would essentially cut into the time necessary for just regular development and carriers are already available... maybe after 1.0 drops!  Not anytime soon...

« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 02:35:41 PM by slowpersun »
I wasn't always a Judge...

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2021, 03:39:12 AM »

Hmmm

If the game dev adds in the ability to make one's own questline, will you be interrested in giving this mod its own storyline or not ?

TrickyTidy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 22, 2021, 04:57:13 AM »

Instead of building ArmaA ships there's always the option to make an ArmaA faction hullmod you can just slap onto other ships that adds bonuses to regular Cataphract LPCs (and pilotable Cataphracts, if you can swing it). Like what Diable Avionics' Wanzer Gantry does with reducing wanzer refit times. Add it to some vanilla ship skins and a fully fledged 'faction' is born lol

DungusFungus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 22, 2021, 11:44:04 AM »

so this is gonna sound silly, but how do you actually pilot the strikecraft?
ive looked through the forum posts but none of them actively mention how to pilot the strikecraft.
for instance i have the einhander on an astral and no matter what i do i cant seem to pilot it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 11:49:00 AM by DungusFungus »

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 22, 2021, 01:31:23 PM »

@DungusFungus

You need to aquire a pilotable version that is sold in the Ship Shop, mostly sold on New Mesha in the southwest of the core worlds

Beware thoses are somewhat expensive and mostly impossible to find in the open market, you'll have to buy them from the ArmaA shop wich requires good relations with the Indies...

EDIT:
While its not "Impossible" to find a mod ship in the open market, it is, however, VERY UNLIKELY to happen ....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 01:36:44 PM by hydremajor »

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 22, 2021, 05:41:26 PM »

so this is gonna sound silly, but how do you actually pilot the strikecraft?
ive looked through the forum posts but none of them actively mention how to pilot the strikecraft.
for instance i have the einhander on an astral and no matter what i do i cant seem to pilot it.

Or just try missions to get used to it.  The turn radius is so fast that sometimes hard to fly, but doable.  Though Sci Nation missions are cooler, custom backgrounds...
I wasn't always a Judge...

DracoLunaris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 24, 2021, 06:13:26 PM »

Got this crash to desktop when docked with the new market and opening the fleet menu:

1753967 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.hullmods.cataphract.advanceInCampaign(cataphract.java:99)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.syncIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.getMembers(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.getMembersListCopy(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.submarkets.BaseSubmarketPlugin.pruneShips(BaseSubmarketPlugin.java:561)
   at data.scripts.campaign.submarkets.armaa_subMarketPlugin.updateCargoPrePlayerInte raction(armaa_subMarketPlugin.java:86)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.V.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.K$3.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.K.setCurrentTab(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.K.setCurrentTab(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper.showCoreInternal(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper.showCore(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.OpenCoreTab.execute(OpenCoreTab.java:40)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 24, 2021, 10:30:35 PM »

What version are you running?

Well, a not very good reason is just to clarify flavor of "faction," although this doesn't matter so much since the market added counts as independent.  However, it could present an good opportunity to play around with carrier ai as it relates to custom modded special abilities.  The lazy carrier special ability that could be added is something like a launch catapult (like launches one at a time, but very quickly and ships get huge temp speed/maneuverability boost coming out.  Or just the reverse of the Astral carrier and teleport mechs halfway to target, although I guess this version would require basically some sort of resupply mechanism to make it worthwhile, which might end up taking up an LRM slot and too much mucking around with fighter AI).  Or just that a better version of legion carrier that launches mechs/fighters with extra temporary shields or maybe a version the new damper fields UNDER shields for a legit combat carrier (although damper fields would have to be permanent until blocked X number of shots, then discarded, I guess).  Perhaps this would be the end result of the damaged mech sprite experiment, if that ever gets off the ground.

However, since all of this would essentially cut into the time necessary for just regular development and carriers are already available... maybe after 1.0 drops!  Not anytime soon...

The main hangup for me was trying to think up a gimmick for a carrier without making it the go-to pick, if that makes sense, but this gives me a few ideas

One way I could see this being happen would be some sort of built in hullmod whose effects increase with the levels the pilot puts into the various skill trees

To exemplify this

+1 level in Combat (red) tree gives more Range
+1 level in Command (green) tree gives more Top Speed
+1 level in Technology (blue) reduces Flux per damage on shields
+1 level in Industry (yellow) improves armor/hull

and each level further boosts that assuming its even possible
maybe call it "Human Plus"

ill wait to see how the new skills hash out, but thanks for the ideas.

Hmmm

If the game dev adds in the ability to make one's own questline, will you be interrested in giving this mod its own storyline or not ?
someone has been agonizing over a story mission for a few months now and I don't intend to put myself through that kind of suffering anytime soon, but i might add like some ruins or something referencing the missions in the main menu to discover
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 10:37:54 PM by shoi »

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 25, 2021, 12:27:12 AM »

but i might add like some ruins or something referencing the missions in the main menu to discover

oh....with a salvage field ?

with a random chance to drop a Einhander/Aleste to get started with mod stuff ?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 106