Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1104260 times)

Thinnish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.4.6)
« Reply #3075 on: February 06, 2024, 12:14:10 PM »

Can this mod be dropped into an ongoing game?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: February 06, 2024, 02:36:31 PM »

Can this mod be dropped into an ongoing game?

Yes, that's fully supported. However, it cannot be removed from an ongoing game once added.

_NoSkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: February 10, 2024, 09:28:16 AM »

just wanted to inform you when you eventually update the mod that putting the current version into the 0.97a (RC7) version of the game apparently breaks the mod by somehow preventing the terraforming options menu item from appearing when interacting with colonies, while buildings from the mod can still be constructed.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 09:30:41 AM by _NoSkin »

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: February 10, 2024, 09:32:20 AM »

just wanted to inform you when you eventually update the mod that putting the current version into the 0.97a (RC7) version of the game apparently breaks the mod by somehow preventing the terraforming options menu item from appearing when interacting with colonies, while buildings from the mod can still be constructed.
The menu is accessed from the actionbar, not the colony menu.

_NoSkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: February 10, 2024, 02:05:47 PM »

The menu is accessed from the actionbar, not the colony menu.
this is what happens when i don't play starsector for many months. thanks for the heads up

sawert42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: February 22, 2024, 03:32:11 AM »

Quick question are factions supposed to have such a giant hate boner against stations ?

I'm doing pirate playthrough rn, and i had planets for few cycles now, and i did got attacked but it was quite rare, but after building a mining station not only i got two invasions coming pretty much instantly after building it, but i constantly have raids or invasions going to my system, and the invasions are targeting the station exclusively, i can have like 3 raids and 2 invasions coming in a span of 90 days.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: February 22, 2024, 06:19:11 AM »

Quick question are factions supposed to have such a giant hate boner against stations ?

I'm doing pirate playthrough rn, and i had planets for few cycles now, and i did got attacked but it was quite rare, but after building a mining station not only i got two invasions coming pretty much instantly after building it, but i constantly have raids or invasions going to my system, and the invasions are targeting the station exclusively, i can have like 3 raids and 2 invasions coming in a span of 90 days.

No, I'm not aware of any special logic for raids or invasions to target stations. Perhaps you constructed it somewhere that's claimed already by an existing faction?

sawert42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: February 22, 2024, 11:52:43 AM »

No, I'm not aware of any special logic for raids or invasions to target stations. Perhaps you constructed it somewhere that's claimed already by an existing faction?
No, I built it in my own system, https://imgur.com/a/EiF02XT, I have this happening to me pretty much constantly I can barely leave my system, if i repel an invasion a new one will spawn in like 10-20 days.

Magmaul

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: February 22, 2024, 12:06:11 PM »

No, I built it in my own system, https://imgur.com/a/EiF02XT, I have this happening to me pretty much constantly I can barely leave my system, if i repel an invasion a new one will spawn in like 10-20 days.

Isn't that because of the new update for Starsector? They added a crisis system where factions will launch invasion/expeditions/bounty hunters after you establish your faction. They can be resolved if you have a decent fleet, a lot of credits or specific rare items. Essentially, they moved the colonisation phase of Starsector to a part of the game where you have established fleet.

sawert42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: February 22, 2024, 12:25:57 PM »

Isn't that because of the new update for Starsector? They added a crisis system where factions will launch invasion/expeditions/bounty hunters after you establish your faction. They can be resolved if you have a decent fleet, a lot of credits or specific rare items. Essentially, they moved the colonisation phase of Starsector to a part of the game where you have established fleet.
I'm playing on 0.96

nuker1110

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: February 22, 2024, 09:08:09 PM »

Invasions are a Nexerelin feature, not Vanilla, aside from the Luddic Church crisis. Are you hostile (-50 or lower) to those factions? If so, they'll launch invasions against any colony they think they can take.

sawert42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: February 23, 2024, 04:44:42 AM »

Invasions are a Nexerelin feature, not Vanilla, aside from the Luddic Church crisis. Are you hostile (-50 or lower) to those factions? If so, they'll launch invasions against any colony they think they can take.
As i said in the first post i'm doing a pirate playthrough so i'm hostile with many factions but
1. I had multiple planets befor that for multiple cycles and i don't remember them getting invasion even once
2. The invasions and raiding started after building station and the invasions target only the station

But i guess there may be some logic preventing the ai to just send invasions agains a planet that just got established so a player can build it in peace but that ai doesn't extend to stations I'll go and ask on Nexerelin then

AnimeshkaTvar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: February 23, 2024, 05:54:37 AM »

Update please  :)

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: February 23, 2024, 06:06:27 AM »

Change the version number, it runs fine as-is. Miiiiight need some fine-tuning in terms of colony crises eventually, but currently it works well enough.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: February 23, 2024, 06:35:25 AM »

Evangel and I are working on a major update! Sorry for the wait, it should only be at most a couple more weeks.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 223