Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Suitable Star Systems 2.2.5  (Read 14992 times)

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Suitable Star Systems 2.2.3
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2024, 06:37:22 AM »

What planets are in the colonizable system? I've come across a few good systems somewhat close to the core worlds, but none have seemed too overpowered.

In my save there's six planets (in order from closest to sun(s))
- Barren, orbited by Volcanic
- Terran orbited by Barren-Desert
- Cryovolcanic, orbited by Frozen

it also has a gate, a shunt, and a cryosleeper, they need to be discovered first so just fly around the system till you find all of em.
My Mods:

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2024, 06:42:51 AM »

Hey Audax:
Thanks m8, loving the work you've done

If I wanted to add more planets to the system, how would I go about it ?
I've tried reading wiki and following the steps, but all I got out of it was a save that insta-crashed on load.

I was thinking about adding a jungle planet for farming and an Ocean world for Volturnian Lobster aquaculture

I currently compile my code so that is another added action needed if you want to have your changes applied.

I recommend looking at the code for "Calvera star systems" mod or using another mod called "custom star systems" which might be easier to use if want to create your own star system.

My Mods:

VillageGuru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2024, 09:33:31 AM »

Hey Audax:
Thanks m8, loving the work you've done

If I wanted to add more planets to the system, how would I go about it ?
I've tried reading wiki and following the steps, but all I got out of it was a save that insta-crashed on load.

I was thinking about adding a jungle planet for farming and an Ocean world for Volturnian Lobster aquaculture

I currently compile my code so that is another added action needed if you want to have your changes applied.

I recommend looking at the code for "Calvera star systems" mod or using another mod called "custom star systems" which might be easier to use if want to create your own star system.

Thanks for the suggestion M8, I'll take a look at that mod, have a good one :D
The line between genius and madness is very thin

Rambo615

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2024, 07:20:48 PM »

I found the system after looking forever, but its way way too difficult for anything till late mid or late game.  Its got about 6 Remnant fleets that are all late game difficulty, a remnant base, and ohh its right next door to the hardest faction in the game (if you use the adversary mod).   :P I am actually half tempted to use the console mod and delete the remnant fleets. But still left with the hardest faction in game like literally 2 light years away that hates me (and everyone) and will no doubt send invasions etc, pretty much right away.

Also not sure why , but i started a new game and it shows up in exactly the same place just north of the center worlds.  I assume it must be being affected by another mod?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 08:20:59 PM by Rambo615 »

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2024, 09:45:13 PM »

I found the system after looking forever, but its way way too difficult for anything till late mid or late game.  Its got about 6 Remnant fleets that are all late game difficulty, a remnant base, and ohh its right next door to the hardest faction in the game (if you use the adversary mod).   :P I am actually half tempted to use the console mod and delete the remnant fleets. But still left with the hardest faction in game like literally 2 light years away that hates me (and everyone) and will no doubt send invasions etc, pretty much right away.

Also not sure why , but i started a new game and it shows up in exactly the same place just north of the center worlds.  I assume it must be being affected by another mod?

There is a few ways you can kill the remnant station mid-game, its all about focusing just the station. Lure out all the other remnant fleets then rush the station to kill it. After killing the station leave the system for a while, it should despawn the remaining active fleets.

As for your question, the center of the map is somewhere around hybrasil, that is where the custom system generation is base at, what happens is that constellations are much closer to hybrasil and since the "perfect" system is generated towards the closest constellation it tends to be around the top of hybrasil. If you make a new save a couple of times or have a few more faction mods that put more towards the north of the sector, it should stop it from generating towards the north. Also since the shape of the core worlds is an oblong the custom system tends to spawn north or south more often.

My Mods:

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Suitable Star Systems 2.2.5
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2024, 08:19:33 AM »

Quick QOL update!

- Added intel for discovering/entering the unique systems that spawn remnant and omega fleets
My Mods:

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2024, 08:52:13 PM »

Good day Thank your for updating this!  :)

callitri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Today at 05:19:38 AM »

Great mod thanks for it. The shielded world which will spawn the omega fleets how do you get that nuke or whatever? its found randomly in the galaxy or some special way?

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Today at 05:35:02 AM »

Great mod thanks for it. The shielded world which will spawn the omega fleets how do you get that nuke or whatever? its found randomly in the galaxy or some special way?
Its from a vanilla quest line "The Scythe of Orion". here is the walkthrough for it Link to walkthrough.

I've thought about doing a different quest line for it but too lazy to do, maybe in the future until then the quest above is the only way to find that item.
My Mods:

callitri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Today at 07:18:09 AM »

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]