Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.96a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.10.0-RC2) Mod  (Read 350608 times)

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Blue (V 0.5.0a) & Red (V 0.1) Mods
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2015, 10:52:44 PM »

OwO

Think of it this way. You will spend your time with me~

Dying, trying and working so hard to the point where you get shaded... in blood~ <3

Also, fine. I will try to be less "contrive" if you want me to be. )o)
You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2015, 12:08:56 AM »

For the record, I'm taken already.

This is work for the Parable changes, see if you can criticize it. (And no, I don't mean the verb would be negative)

Added the midtones and shadowing around the higher components and made the innards look deeper.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2015, 06:06:56 AM »

So I recently realized I had this mod downloaded and had no idea where it came from. Took me a while to find this page, but I wanted to drop in and say the energy missiles are one of the coolest weapons I've seen. I really like them.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2015, 12:05:05 PM »

The color is definitely better, much more comfortable to the eye.

For the weapons, i don't think it's possible for some ships to mount some faction weapons only. The easy way would be to make them built in but then again, it limit the customization and the fun (laser boats can get quite boring after a while).

The ideal way of fixing the gun problem would be to cover some of those mounts. You can still add medium or small mounts on top of them later if needed. Something like this (just an example).

Spoiler
[close]

But even outside of the weapons mounts, there's still quite a few issues. Huge number of launch bays, huge burn-speed, incredible shield-efficiency... Plus the drones, while i like the idea, the AI tends to have troubles with those. Perhaps for only one or two tanking oriented ships? It will have to be dealt with eventually anyway.

The blues, while not as broken, still have a few issues too. But i'm sure you'll find most of the problems yourself now that DR posted his modding guide.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2015, 04:31:00 PM »

The color is definitely better, much more comfortable to the eye.

For the weapons, i don't think it's possible for some ships to mount some faction weapons only. The easy way would be to make them built in but then again, it limit the customization and the fun (laser boats can get quite boring after a while).

The ideal way of fixing the gun problem would be to cover some of those mounts. You can still add medium or small mounts on top of them later if needed. Something like this (just an example).

Spoiler
[close]

But even outside of the weapons mounts, there's still quite a few issues. Huge number of launch bays, huge burn-speed, incredible shield-efficiency... Plus the drones, while i like the idea, the AI tends to have troubles with those. Perhaps for only one or two tanking oriented ships? It will have to be dealt with eventually anyway.

The blues, while not as broken, still have a few issues too. But i'm sure you'll find most of the problems yourself now that DR posted his modding guide.

In Blue, I have, and is becoming much less than I realized and its something I'm looking forward to once the rest of the manual are set up and because of the previous launch I had already made me stop making OP equipment. I have the new changes in my computer (and also my backup) with the mounts re-angled and re-arced properly and I'm going to launch it soon as I am done with the Red.

For Red, EI finalizes the ships should be deemed difficult to capture, as well as its weapons (they will set to tier 4), despite of their durability balances with the massive carrier tradition, so instead of focusing in the balancing of the weapon mounts, the ordnance points (both ships and weapons) will be reduced to minuscule level.

Still, I'm open for changes. It's just that she can be a little demanding on what she wants.

So I recently realized I had this mod downloaded and had no idea where it came from. Took me a while to find this page, but I wanted to drop in and say the energy missiles are one of the coolest weapons I've seen. I really like them.

A message from the company:
Spoiler
"Protonian Technologies would to thank you for your appreciation in testing several of our Energy Missile products. We are looking forward for your continuous support." :D
[close]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:37:06 PM by Protonus »

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »

Helmut's method of removing side extraneous mounts actually gives the ship a really unique look. :D

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2015, 02:15:02 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

Why you want me ships to be weaker than it used be~!

Its weapons already are more than suck it ever was! >-<

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2015, 02:41:55 AM »

The weapon's power level is irrelevant to the balance of the ship unless they are built in.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2015, 02:56:09 AM »

I saw how the ships turn out.

And I've done the math, I have to follow Helmut's advice on this one, turns out destroyers can obliterate the ships so easily with the amount of... mounts. So, apologies, EI.  :(

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blue (V 0.5.1) & Red (V 0.1.1) Mods
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2015, 05:13:29 PM »

:(

I don't like the requested changes one bit...

But reality ensues, not every weapon would make sense without some space. )o)

Also, new update is here.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2015, 05:32:28 PM »

Well, at least your ships are getting closer to what would it resemble to be the Zerg swarm.

Which is ironic with the new ship arrived.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2015, 05:39:10 AM »

And... I did all the work. Terrific.

(Red) Glad you like it. Hopefully this should make the Berserks true to their numbers and not to the amount of weapons you can slap on a single ship. I found out the horrific results when I tried the Red out alone myself. Each ship is presented with the number of weapons to compare with their launcher bays in order to make the odds of managing the battlefield against them look even.

If you see a large horde of Super chimeras, expect fighters to follow. If you see a horde of Chimlies, nothing smaller comes after them. EI actually made the new ships with more mounts just in time for the balancing to settle, which is actually quite useful to put odds and ends to them.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2015, 03:34:27 AM »

This mod is crazy, you're crazy. SS needs more crazyness.

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2015, 06:50:59 AM »

This mod is crazy, you're crazy. SS needs more crazyness.

Then feed me with your crazyness. @p@

I hope you enjoy the mod. We appreciate your love for it. <3

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2015, 10:02:37 AM »

I'm barely starting my own mod, but as it stands I'll give both the colors a look-see, now. off to work~!

also... the red one is crazy in her own way as everyone says... ... I'm weary of you. > >;
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23