Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 65

Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 243259 times)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: The Typo Thread
« Reply #495 on: August 27, 2019, 01:40:29 PM »

Only maybe a "typo", but...

Swarmer: Missile speed 300, speedStr "Fast"
Harpoon: Missile speed 300, speedStr "Medium"

Seems like probably that two missiles with the same speed should have the same speedStr. And this veers more into Suggestion territory but maybe Hammers should get "Very Fast" given that they're notably faster than Reapers or Atroposes and it's one of the main ways they differentiate?
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 27, 2019, 01:54:13 PM »

Fixed it up, ty.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #497 on: August 30, 2019, 10:56:42 PM »

Storage submarket tooltip doesn't mention the storage fee if it's 1) already been unlocked and 2) is currently empty. It probably should.

Gniwu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 31, 2019, 10:36:51 AM »

I keep fighting a Remnant ship called 'TTDS Properity'.

Also, one of the communications with other fleets (This one was Sindrian, don't know if that's relevant) contains the misspelled word 'agressive'.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 31, 2019, 10:47:45 AM »

I keep fighting a Remnant ship called 'TTDS Properity'.

Also, one of the communications with other fleets (This one was Sindrian, don't know if that's relevant) contains the misspelled word 'agressive'.

Thank you! Fixed the ship name, couldn't find the other one so it looks like it was already fixed.

Storage submarket tooltip doesn't mention the storage fee if it's 1) already been unlocked and 2) is currently empty. It probably should.

Good call, did that.

Gniwu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 06, 2019, 09:20:23 AM »

Another probable typo concerning an automated ship:

One of the derelicts I just fought was named 'Lamda-Jake' - Looking at their naming patterns, I assume that's supposed to be 'Lambda-Jake'?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 06, 2019, 09:43:11 AM »

Yep - thank you, fixed!

astoecia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 08, 2019, 03:04:16 AM »

During the tutorial in my first game, I can read "which you had to be very close to to positively identify". That's after the first pirate attack and before going to the planet. The issue is the double "to".

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 09, 2019, 12:01:58 AM »

During the tutorial in my first game, I can read "which you had to be very close to to positively identify". That's after the first pirate attack and before going to the planet. The issue is the double "to".

Not a typo, it's grammatically correct. Read it again, slowly.  ;) You had to be close to the pirate to positively identify it... but in a different order. If anything there should be a comma between the two "to"s, but I'm fairly sure it's still correct without it.

Gniwu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 11, 2019, 02:24:40 PM »

There is a constellation in my game called 'Novy Tayvay', resulting in system names like 'Alpha Novy Tayvay'. Calling something 'Alpha New (SOMETHING)' sounds very clunky and unlikely to my ears. This is not strictly speaking a typo, just a rough edge on the name generator. Perhaps constellations with prefixes like that should only consist of 'named' systems like 'Marathon' or 'Anzu' to avoid this?

Gamemag123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 14, 2019, 06:40:52 PM »

In the text for Ion Storm when it says ""Most ships can't withstand prolonged..." the M in most is replaced with "<". I spotted it in the Duzahk star system around it's only gas giant, Aka Mainyu.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #506 on: September 14, 2019, 07:20:51 PM »

Text error when something affects availability of an exported commodity:

Spoiler
[close]
The bottom of the tooltip still claims it's exporting 7 units when it's now only exporting 2. The market share and export income have decreased as expected, and the global market info has also updated to reflect the availability loss.

astoecia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 15, 2019, 01:37:54 AM »

@AxleMC131 I see! thanks :) I'm not a native speaker, so that sentence was a bit hard to read for me. Maybe that alternative order or a comma would be easier to understand?

I think I spotted another typo in a survey mission description : "The following resources are required run a full survey of ...", shouldn't it be "to run a full survey"?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 15, 2019, 12:08:37 PM »

Text error when something affects availability of an exported commodity:

Spoiler
[close]
The bottom of the tooltip still claims it's exporting 7 units when it's now only exporting 2. The market share and export income have decreased as expected, and the global market info has also updated to reflect the availability loss.

Thank you, fixed!

I think I spotted another typo in a survey mission description : "The following resources are required run a full survey of ...", shouldn't it be "to run a full survey"?

Yep, thank you - looks like I fixed that one a bit back, but appreciate the report in any case!

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 26, 2019, 07:22:18 PM »

Thule Star System planet Eldfell - description then you "docked" mention rich ore extraction industry but planet got zero resources and only smelter industry built.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 65