Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [0.97a-RC6/0.96a-RC10]Gensoukyou Manufacture 0.8.1.rc1_t10 (English Translation)  (Read 72589 times)

Himemiko

• Ensign
  • a very clumsy miko
    • View Profile

Touhou Fan Mods for Starsector by homejerry99 & Ykaris

Download for 0.97a-RC6 (Unnofficial) :

Normal Casual Version

Lunatic Mode for those who seeks challenge (change faction variant)

Download for 0.96a-RC10 :

Normal Casual Version

Lunatic Mode for those who seeks challenge (change faction variant)

dependencies :
Requires LazyLib
Requires MagicLib
Requires GraphicLib

Changelogs :
Spoiler
Translation Version 9 (Saves-Compatible):
- Further Translation Typo Fixes/Rewording Daze!

Translation Version 8:
- More Translation Typo Fixes/Rewording Daze!
- Added Missing Xyphos / Sarissa FM GraphicLib entries
- (0.96 features, vanilla LPC will automatically use the skin when slotted to faction ship)
- Some Proofreading Contribution from LightAnemos

Translation Version 7
- Initial Release for Reworked Translation

Translation Version 1 - 6
- Beta / Translation in Progress
[close]

Faction Ship/Weapon/Wings List :
Spoiler

[close]

Faction Description:
Faction that appeared suddenly with the Gensoukyou System sometime after the end of Second AI War, claiming to be a Techmining Corporation with general industry capabilities (from food and light industry to the production of ships) . It seems to have a strange obsession with "Spiritual Energy" and "Boundary", which can found all over their product promotions and descriptions.

In fact, like their promotions, the company is quite enthusiastic about discovering the technology of Domain-era, and even has a basic research facility that is rare in the current persean sector. As a result, even though they are not as large as Tri-Tachyon in terms of the size of their "Corporate Business", they are often able to produce large-scale, cutting-edge products that are beyond common belief. Recently, they are trying to promote some new products to the outside world, which are said to incorporate technology that use "Spiritual Energy".

But in its essence, Gensoukyou Manufacture is not your typical mega-corporation. This faction, which originated from the rising R&D world "Hakurei" in Domain-era, is "practically" governed by an executive council of scholars from all walks of life (mainly Natural Sciences and Applied Technologies, as well as Spiritual Energy researchers...) The civilian governments of each planet are relatively united together behind the executive board.

In addition, there are some Bizarre legends that suggest that Gensoukyou is actually a front for an even more mysterious world, a paradise for all sorts of Bizarre beings such as Youkai and Deities. But until now, most researchers outside of the Gensoukyou system have either paid little attention to this, or simply dismissed it as rumours made up for the purpose of marketing Spiritual Products.

Regardless, this Neutral Faction with almost Magical Science and Technology in hand, as well as a respectable number of space military forces, is bound to have an even more subtle influence on the delicate balance of power in this sector.....

Mod Showcase:
Spoiler

[close]

List of individuals who have played a significant role in the improvement and development of this

Original Works:
Team Shanghai Alice

Spritings:
Forever Seventeen(Ykaris)
Shadow Light
lili
Arctic Giant Seal
AnyIDElse
mimeio
LittleMercy

Codings:
AnyIDElse
A111164
ZeroXenon
ShioZakana
Nitori_Tachyon

Data and Balancing:
AnyIDElse
scythe
FAX

Feedback and Bug Testing:
AnyIDElse
Illusionary Sound, Not Illusion
Rosta_Atena
Himemi
Lao Yue
CrocLava
Various feedback in fossic https://www.fossic.org/thread-2405-1-1.html and https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28396.msg416980

Music and Sound Effects:
Shadow Light
ShioZakana

Translation and Localization:
Himemi and mycophobia (Main Translator)
mycophobia (Main Translator & Editor)
Avanitia (Tester)
Helpfull Modders Community for proofreading

Design Concept:
AnyIDElse
Forever Seventeen(Ykaris)

Thanks to all other members of the Fossic mod development group, the Seafood group, the Pathers Communion group, for their efforts and suggestions in perfecting the mod.
Special thanks to Originem for the instructional mod CMC, providing a wealth of references and basic guidance.
Thanks to the modders of the olders mods for providing a convenient plethora of methods.
Finally, thanks to the SS community; without their assistance, this mod would have been difficult to sustain and improve.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 06:03:09 AM by Himemiko »

Himemiko

• Ensign
  • a very clumsy miko
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] Gensoukyou Manufacture 0.8.1.rc1 (English Translation)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 06:05:39 PM »

Reserved.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 08:19:10 PM »

Lunatic mod is harder for the faction or harder for those fighting the faction?

Godofchaos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 01:11:59 PM »

this ships designed feel futuristic, good job

Himemiko

• Ensign
  • a very clumsy miko
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2023, 07:21:14 PM »

Version Translation 8 is now up~

Lunatic mod is harder for the faction or harder for those fighting the faction?
it make the variant that the faction spawn/use in fleets better, it doesnt affect auto-resolve at all i think..

this ships designed feel futuristic, good job
the author would be happy knowing this, the mods sprite is currently under rework.. next version should have more ship getting better sprites

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] Gensoukyou Manufacture 0.8.1.rc1_t8 (English Translation)
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2023, 07:27:38 PM »

Ohh very pretty ships!  The creators did an excellent job!

SCMDR_Aramantha

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 02:27:39 AM »

So if I use lunatic the ship layout/variant of the faction will become harder right?

Does this mean I can use the same layout/variant when I salvage the ships from battle or will it be the same as the normal versions after I defeat and salvage Gensoukyou ships?

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 09:29:22 AM »

Glad to see this mod back.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 09:04:05 PM »

This is neat, full of unique, interesting, and in some cases very strange ships. Tossed the mod in for my latest run-through, found a derelict Byakuren before I could really afford to even crew the thing, nevermind outfit it, and had some interesting fights won primarily via ramming. It's been neat seeing it slowly transition into a really top-notch battlecruiser as I got better equipment and the player skills to actually support the ship.

My thanks for translating the mod, and if you'd pass on appropriate thanks to the mods creators, I'd appreciate it.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Himemiko

• Ensign
  • a very clumsy miko
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2023, 06:14:16 PM »

Translation Version 9 is out!

Ohh very pretty ships!  The creators did an excellent job!
i think so too!, looking forward for the resprited majou-class and better Master Spark~

Glad to see this mod back.
yes, its been a year or so!

So if I use lunatic the ship layout/variant of the faction will become harder right?

Does this mean I can use the same layout/variant when I salvage the ships from battle or will it be the same as the normal versions after I defeat and salvage Gensoukyou ships?

Yes, the variant will be better this also include the derelict you salvaged

This is neat, full of unique, interesting, and in some cases very strange ships. Tossed the mod in for my latest run-through, found a derelict Byakuren before I could really afford to even crew the thing, nevermind outfit it, and had some interesting fights won primarily via ramming. It's been neat seeing it slowly transition into a really top-notch battlecruiser as I got better equipment and the player skills to actually support the ship.

My thanks for translating the mod, and if you'd pass on appropriate thanks to the mods creators, I'd appreciate it.

the author would be happy knowing this kinda reception!

Naellim04

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] Gensoukyou Manufacture 0.8.1.rc1_t9 (English Translation)
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2023, 05:14:16 PM »

I don't know if it's intended or not but when you want to save the girl from the inverted castle that was held by the luddic path but was captured by gensokyou you just end up in war with gensokyou instead.

Mycophobia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2023, 06:32:26 PM »

I don't know if it's intended or not but when you want to save the girl from the inverted castle that was held by the luddic path but was captured by gensokyou you just end up in war with gensokyou instead.

Does this still happen if you use story point to save her peacefully or pay the ransom?

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2023, 05:42:22 AM »

How weeb is this mod? The ships look very cool!

Mycophobia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2023, 03:08:05 PM »

How weeb is this mod? The ships look very cool!

There are two anime girl officer that you can get through questlines, but otherwise there are no anime portrait or people. The faction lore is still somewhat in line with a high tech faction though its hinted they are a front from the magical world of touhou.

Most weapons are on the fancier end, though nothing too overpowered or overly weeb. It is certainly anime inspired and there are lots of hidden references, but you can also more or less just treat it as another high tech faction.

EmotionalSkyscrapers

• Ensign
  • Just one last little trick. Were you not amused?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2023, 03:05:33 PM »

I have never dreamt of a day when I would see Touhou as a mod in Starsectors. This puts me in quite a dilemma. On one hand, Borken, Approlight, YRXP haven't been updated to 0.96, on the other, this mod. I guess I will finally be making the switch to a newer version, after 2 years. Can't wait to go home and ride Byakuren.  8)
I need to learn Chinese. You guys make cool mods.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5