Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] Pirate Mini Mod (1.6.1)  (Read 128157 times)

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Pirate Mini Mod
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2023, 06:36:55 AM »

Just wanted to say loving the mod really gives pirates that extra helping hand and these ships are really fun to use. Just wondering if you would add another capital ship to their roster like a scrapheap of the Pegasus.

In the future do you think you would ever touch the luddic path I really like your unique ideas for the ships.

That's amazing that's exactly what I want this mod to be!

So thats an issue I see in the pirate fleets. Their capital ship is very much a fire support ship but pirate fleets are often too weak/top-heavy to prop up the fire support. There are plans on making one or two common capital conversions for pirates.

Past that most military capital conversions I do will either be extremely rare spawns (like the champ and especially champ mk2) or bounty exclusive (or both)

as for the path thing. Maybe. the path is pretty neat and making some stuff for them could be fun
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 07:28:01 AM by MiniDeth3 »
I'm Minideth. I do things.

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2023, 07:30:21 AM »

Changelog for 1.3.0 (Update)

Spoiler
- Fixes
  - Gave a proper description to the "Pirate Modifications" and "Weaponized Flux Core" hullmods
  - Fixed (REDACTED) having an incorrect hull designation
  - Fixed Modified Pod Bomber's custom Mining Blaster appearing in game
  - Removed unused Systems/Hullmods/Weapons from files
  - Fixed issue that caused incorrect wolf to spawn
  - Removed depreciated description of the Colossus Mk.III due to unintended interactions with skins
  - Fixed typos in some descriptions

- Tweaks
  - Messed with the Champ Mk.II's sound

- New Sprites + Tweaks for Vanilla Ships:
  - Venture (P)
  - Vanguard (P)
  - Manticore (P)
  - Afflictor (P)
  - Shade (P)

- Added Ships
  - Sunder (P)
  - A "boss" ship
  - It doesn't exist
  - It never existed

- The next big update may take a small while but I promise it will be pretty neat

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with this mod.

[close]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 02:53:00 PM by MiniDeth3 »

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2023, 08:42:19 AM »

Any chance you can add an option to not put the pirate hullmod on all the P ships so consistency can be maintained while using other mods that add pirate ships?

Or perhaps an option where all ships in the Pirate tech type get the hullmod added dynamically?

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2023, 08:47:32 AM »

Any chance you can add an option to not put the pirate hullmod on all the P ships so consistency can be maintained while using other mods that add pirate ships?

Or perhaps an option where all ships in the Pirate tech type get the hullmod added dynamically?

Applying the hullmod to the entire "Pirate" tech is something ive been trying to find out but as of now I just plainly dont know how to do it. If you happen to have have any pointers/coding knowledge it would be greatly appreciated

Rav0n

• Commander
  • Discord: rav0n_vii - talk to me here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2023, 03:48:09 PM »

For real? I really like this mod, pirates are more unique now, with their crazy modifications that can really surprises you hehe, keep going!

My suggestions tho, first being grenlin with doom mines. Its not really sounds healthy to be honest, if you manage to change the projectile that it mine strike spawns, change it to be a kinetic bomb or something like that, can serve as a support ship, without the thing with insta kill 2k dmg mines. Otherwise it still a nice ship, I caught myself using it as a early game doom lmao

Other thing, while you expand your mod, bring some variations of your modified ships, imagine that colossus mk III with even more fighter bays, instead of those 2 med missiles, with more DP as a trade? Or even, take that Sunder, remove those medium and small hardpoints, and enhance the main gun with a really powerful tradeoff, for example

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2023, 06:31:24 AM »

For real? I really like this mod, pirates are more unique now, with their crazy modifications that can really surprises you hehe, keep going!

My suggestions tho, first being grenlin with doom mines. Its not really sounds healthy to be honest, if you manage to change the projectile that it mine strike spawns, change it to be a kinetic bomb or something like that, can serve as a support ship, without the thing with insta kill 2k dmg mines. Otherwise it still a nice ship, I caught myself using it as a early game doom lmao

Other thing, while you expand your mod, bring some variations of your modified ships, imagine that colossus mk III with even more fighter bays, instead of those 2 med missiles, with more DP as a trade? Or even, take that Sunder, remove those medium and small hardpoints, and enhance the main gun with a really powerful tradeoff, for example

I'm so glad you like the majority of the changes/additions

I definitely agree with changing the gremlins doom mine to something smaller and a little less damaging.

I do want some ships to branch into extreme/crazy modifications like how there's the extreme version of the champion (P) in the Champion Mk.II. I might make something like the Sunder Mk.II which focuses on powering up the main gun in some neat way

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2023, 03:17:53 PM »

I'm so glad you like the majority of the changes/additions

I definitely agree with changing the gremlins doom mine to something smaller and a little less damaging.

I do want some ships to branch into extreme/crazy modifications like how there's the extreme version of the champion (P) in the Champion Mk.II. I might make something like the Sunder Mk.II which focuses on powering up the main gun in some neat way

I would suggest to add an equivalent to a mini doom mine, perhaps something doing 1000 energy damage or such, with a better number of charges and recharge rate, so it still menacing, but with better utility with doing dmg against shields. And about the more pirate variations, I have more suggestions:

- Many people did atlas conversions already, but perhaps a less overgunned, with more armor, speed and flux stats version would give to pirates an actual fleet anchor for once, atleast a low budget one, would call that Atlas Mk. III;

- Perhaps an overhaul to the Mora (P), bringing something that would make it more interesting, burn drive on it is very boring and silly change from the vanilla Mora. Bring it something like an unstable recall device, or else an accelerated ammo feeder version of the Heron's ship system;

- With Colossus Mk III overhaul, maybe give the Luddic Path one something different as well, not sure what, but the current state of this thing in vanilla is a mob trash rn;

- Crazy idea for Enforcer, make it be a mini eradicator, with a better engine, replacing its back mounts, and slap an accelerated ammo feeder on it, never liked enforcer, but this would make I change my mind drastically.

Thxo for your attention, this mod should not be called "mini" after a while, keep going!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 03:21:00 PM by xSevenG7x »

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Pirate Mini Mod (1.3.1)
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2023, 12:32:25 PM »

Just wanted to note, the Pirate Hullmod seems to actually not be decreasing flux cap or dis, at least in my experience. It adds a single point to each, which is weird. The *** up hull and armor works wellthough.

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2023, 01:13:37 PM »

I would suggest to add an equivalent to a mini doom mine, perhaps something doing 1000 energy damage or such, with a better number of charges and recharge rate, so it still menacing, but with better utility with doing dmg against shields.

Def a good idea to change the projectile to something a bit smaller and maybe add a charge to the default ship. A Mk.II with many mini rapid mines might be a cool idea.

- Many people did atlas conversions already, but perhaps a less overgunned, with more armor, speed and flux stats version would give to pirates an actual fleet anchor for once, atleast a low budget one, would call that Atlas Mk. III;

An Atlas is iffy due to the sheer amount of existing conversions. I have an idea for a Prometheus that should fill that role though.

- Perhaps an overhaul to the Mora (P), bringing something that would make it more interesting, burn drive on it is very boring and silly change from the vanilla Mora. Bring it something like an unstable recall device, or else an accelerated ammo feeder version of the Heron's ship system;

Good ideas for a Mora P if I make one but there is no vanilla one iirc. It must be from a mod? It must be that vanilla friendly lol.

- With Colossus Mk III overhaul, maybe give the Luddic Path one something different as well, not sure what, but the current state of this thing in vanilla is a mob trash rn;

Yea both of the vanilla Colossus converts are just trash in vanilla and that only gets worse when you add mods. I could look into it for fun but pathers aren't an exact focus.

- Crazy idea for Enforcer, make it be a mini eradicator, with a better engine, replacing its back mounts, and slap an accelerated ammo feeder on it, never liked enforcer, but this would make I change my mind drastically.

I dont actually use the Eradicator much but thats not a bad idea considering how bad the enforcer tends to be. I just want to avoid making it just straight better than vanilla

Thxo for your attention, this mod should not be called "mini" after a while, keep going!

np i love hearing ideas and feedback. Others come up with crazy ideas that i would never think of.

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2023, 01:15:56 PM »

Just wanted to note, the Pirate Hullmod seems to actually not be decreasing flux cap or dis, at least in my experience. It adds a single point to each, which is weird. The *** up hull and armor works wellthough.

Is it actually? thats kinda funny. Increasing by one perfectly describes a mistake i could have made and missed. Ill fix it and a few other things soon.

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2023, 02:36:30 PM »

Good ideas for a Mora P if I make one but there is no vanilla one iirc. It must be from a mod? It must be that vanilla friendly lol.

The Mora (P) is from HMI indeed.

Btw, after the last update you worked on, I gave another go to your mod. I adore the Manticore (P) now haha.

EDIT :

I dont actually use the Eradicator much but thats not a bad idea considering how bad the enforcer tends to be. I just want to avoid making it just straight better than vanilla

I don't agree with this statement. The Enforcer is a good support ship even in the later stage of a playthrough. Thanks to his huge number of OP (for a destroyer), it makes for a good makeshift carrier for a meager 9 DP, capable of using a wide variety of wings. With its 4 small missile mounts and 5 medium ballistic mounts, its loadout is very flexible. Sure, it doesn't have the flux dissipation/capacity to accomodate 5 medium ballistic weapons, but you don't need to put medium weapons on every single mount or even to fill every mount with a weapon.

I would avoid drastically changing vanilla ships (aka completely changing its role, sure the Shrike (P) has a TPC, but it still works like a vanilla Shrike (P)) unless it is a heavily underused ship past the first few hour of a new playthrough (such as the Kite or the Wolf (P) for example). The bigger modifications should be standalone ships (like the Champion MK.2 or the new Sunder (P) you just made).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 03:12:52 PM by Selfcontrol »

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2023, 05:17:50 PM »

I would suggest to add an equivalent to a mini doom mine, perhaps something doing 1000 energy damage or such, with a better number of charges and recharge rate, so it still menacing, but with better utility with doing dmg against shields.

Def a good idea to change the projectile to something a bit smaller and maybe add a charge to the default ship. A Mk.II with many mini rapid mines might be a cool idea.

An Atlas is iffy due to the sheer amount of existing conversions. I have an idea for a Prometheus that should fill that role though.

Yea both of the vanilla Colossus converts are just trash in vanilla and that only gets worse when you add mods. I could look into it for fun but pathers aren't an exact focus.

np i love hearing ideas and feedback. Others come up with crazy ideas that i would never think of.

Man, I really had sure that Mora P was vanilla lmao, it felt like what Alex would plan for it heh. But still, would be nice to have a dedicated carrier for pirates despite colossus mk III and Condors.

And well, its not that unhealthy for Enforcer to have ammo feeder, atleast would have a defective one, such as Wolf P having a degraded phase skimmer, would be a counter balancing for this new thing

Edit: Perhaps remove the missile slots as well, and edit some mounts, so it not becomes devastating, or else make a standoff version such as Champion Mk II, with more DP
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 05:23:19 PM by xSevenG7x »

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2023, 05:56:29 PM »

Btw, after the last update you worked on, I gave another go to your mod. I adore the Manticore (P) now haha.

I'm glad you like it! I love the idea of pirates running a missile feed in the conveniently shaped scaffold

I don't agree with this statement. The Enforcer is a good support ship even in the later stage of a playthrough. Thanks to his huge number of OP (for a destroyer), it makes for a good makeshift carrier for a meager 9 DP, capable of using a wide variety of wings. With its 4 small missile mounts and 5 medium ballistic mounts, its loadout is very flexible. Sure, it doesn't have the flux dissipation/capacity to accomodate 5 medium ballistic weapons, but you don't need to put medium weapons on every single mount or even to fill every mount with a weapon.

I would avoid drastically changing vanilla ships (aka completely changing its role, sure the Shrike (P) has a TPC, but it still works like a vanilla Shrike (P)) unless it is a heavily underused ship past the first few hour of a new playthrough (such as the Kite or the Wolf (P) for example). The bigger modifications should be standalone ships (like the Champion MK.2 or the new Sunder (P) you just made).

So this is good! Getting build ideas from people who actually use the ship lets me nudge it without ruining the ability to make said build. It also gives me gimmicks to possibly lean into. I do like the idea of a degraded ammo feed or something along those lines. Ill have to see
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 05:58:47 PM by MiniDeth3 »

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2023, 06:01:50 PM »

Man, I really had sure that Mora P was vanilla lmao, it felt like what Alex would plan for it heh. But still, would be nice to have a dedicated carrier for pirates despite colossus mk III and Condors.

And well, its not that unhealthy for Enforcer to have ammo feeder, atleast would have a defective one, such as Wolf P having a degraded phase skimmer, would be a counter balancing for this new thing

Edit: Perhaps remove the missile slots as well, and edit some mounts, so it not becomes devastating, or else make a standoff version such as Champion Mk II, with more DP

A military level carrier for the pirates to use in stronger fleets is definitely planned for the next large update.

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2023, 05:16:10 AM »

A military level carrier for the pirates to use in stronger fleets is definitely planned for the next large update.

Hmm, let me put my bets here, its gonna be a Heron with a system similar to ammo feeder for fighters, and some other modifications, tell me if I was right lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10