Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070158 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.0.2)
« Reply #1740 on: March 11, 2022, 02:17:04 PM »

If I Deciv a station, will it have ruins if I recolonise it?

I've never tested this, but I expect the answer is no.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: March 11, 2022, 03:27:18 PM »

I've tried it. It will not. Each re-colonized station is a tabula rasa.

Kawaii Douchebag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 16, 2022, 07:38:27 AM »

When i try to launch the game with only this mod enabled, it crashes and gives an error. Heading over to the log, this is what it gives near the bottom.

Code
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.campaign.econ.plugins.BoggledEuteckSpecialItemPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.campaign.econ.plugins.BoggledEuteckSpecialItemPlugin]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: data.campaign.econ.plugins.BoggledEuteckSpecialItemPlugin
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 2 more

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: March 16, 2022, 02:48:12 PM »

When i try to launch the game with only this mod enabled, it crashes and gives an error. Heading over to the log, this is what it gives near the bottom.

Code
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.campaign.econ.plugins.BoggledEuteckSpecialItemPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.campaign.econ.plugins.BoggledEuteckSpecialItemPlugin]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: data.campaign.econ.plugins.BoggledEuteckSpecialItemPlugin
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
... 2 more

This occurs when you update TASC without deleting the old mod folder first. Delete the TASC mod folder and re-download it to fix the crash.

Kawaii Douchebag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: March 16, 2022, 02:53:19 PM »

Code
... 2 more

This occurs when you update TASC without deleting the old mod folder first. Delete the TASC mod folder and re-download it to fix the crash.

... I'm an idiot, thank you.

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: March 19, 2022, 10:46:09 PM »

So I am a dingus and I built a gate in a system that already has one. Am I able to destroy the gate that I made to get the stable location back?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 20, 2022, 06:50:33 AM »

So I am a dingus and I built a gate in a system that already has one. Am I able to destroy the gate that I made to get the stable location back?

You would have to use console commands to remove it. I'll add a check in the next update to prevent construction of gates if one already exists in-system.

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: March 20, 2022, 03:29:50 PM »

You would have to use console commands to remove it. I'll add a check in the next update to prevent construction of gates if one already exists in-system.

Thank you for the quick reply! Do you, by any chance, know which command will remove the gate?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: March 20, 2022, 03:34:46 PM »

Thank you for the quick reply! Do you, by any chance, know which command will remove the gate?

You'll have to write one. bodeshmoun posted a script earlier in this thread that you might be able to repurpose.

BladedQueen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: April 04, 2022, 06:05:37 PM »

Noticed Stellar Reflector Array increases Pather interest by +10. Is this bugged or intentional? It's 2.5x an alpha core's impact, which seems steep.

Otherwise, I quite like the options this mod provides to tweak colonies, and it works well paired with Industrial Evolution.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: April 05, 2022, 06:07:13 AM »

Noticed Stellar Reflector Array increases Pather interest by +10. Is this bugged or intentional? It's 2.5x an alpha core's impact, which seems steep.

Otherwise, I quite like the options this mod provides to tweak colonies, and it works well paired with Industrial Evolution.

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

Yes, that's intended. I think the Pathers hate terraforming based on their attack on Mairaath, but perhaps the value is too high. Do you think +3 or +6 would be more appropriate?

Bulletkin

• Ensign
  • Now it's into the void, now me girls and me boys~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: April 05, 2022, 09:30:46 AM »

If I colonize an abandoned station within a faction's territory, will they still send punitive expeditions and satbomb it?
(your local Secrets of the Frontier fanboy)

...From Mother's hands, we go. We'll be sailing to the sun 'till the voyage is done, then we'll be sleeping in the cold below~

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: April 05, 2022, 09:48:06 AM »

If I colonize an abandoned station within a faction's territory, will they still send punitive expeditions and satbomb it?

I don't think building or recolonizing stations will trigger satbombing, but I haven't tested it on the most recent vanilla patch. Let me know what happens!

BladedQueen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: April 06, 2022, 10:50:02 PM »

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

Yes, that's intended. I think the Pathers hate terraforming based on their attack on Mairaath, but perhaps the value is too high. Do you think +3 or +6 would be more appropriate?

I did some looking around at core world descriptions and some use stellar mirrors, like Eventide. Mairaath also had "awesome orbital station-cities", which sounds like it may have prompted the attack as much if not more than the terraforming. The bonus is strong - +2 farming and potential 25% better habitability by disabling cold/hot, so +6 for balance is fair. That lets a non-industrialized colony barely get away with the reflector array and avoid Pather cells. Alternatively, maybe +3 and double upkeep from 6k base credits to 12k, which I would personally favor.

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: April 07, 2022, 06:03:53 PM »

I don't think building or recolonizing stations will trigger satbombing, but I haven't tested it on the most recent vanilla patch. Let me know what happens!

Oh, it absolutely does send saturation bombing missions. Fortunately you can avert satbombing with SP or by taking a relationship hit as a friendly.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 219