Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9a-RC10] V.high # of Legion XIV Battlecarrier derelect vs other capitals  (Read 5699 times)

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile

In the past week, I've extensively played through over ten new games in RC10.

I have a strong suspicion that Legion XIV Battlecarriers are, through whatever weighting system places wrecks in sector generation, much more highly weighted than any other capital ship. In each game now I've stumbled across several of them in fairly short order (always Legion XIV, never normal Legion). I just found three in three neighboring systems in my current game.

Watching a streamer today, he had found one. I also recall seeing discussion from other players remarking how they seemed more common.

I apologize if this is overly anecdotal, but it's probably worth double-checking whatever controls the spawn weights for capital ship wrecks.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

There's always somewhere between something like 3 and 6 of them total - I think I'll tune the number down a bit, but I don't think there's any bug here. Since they're guaranteed (unlike any other capitals), it'll probably always feel like they're a bit more common. And since they're usually in REDACTED systems, players will tend to find them more often than not.

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile

There's always somewhere between something like 3 and 6 of them total - I think I'll tune the number down a bit, but I don't think there's any bug here. Since they're guaranteed (unlike any other capitals), it'll probably always feel like they're a bit more common. And since they're usually in REDACTED systems, players will tend to find them more often than not.

That explains it, thank you! I didn't realize they had any guaranteed generation and other capital ships didn't. Just found my 4th in my current game (vs one other capital ship so far).

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

In my experience, they are super rare. Unless they are available only in hyperspace (and thus partly RNG), there aren't any of them in my sector.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Can the capital seeding behavior be changed by mods?

(I could say I want to turn it off, but what I really want to see is mods adding rare and unusual ships to the list so it seeds those for the player to find)

Tei

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Im max level and I still havent found any Legion 14ths yet. Where are you people finding these? Also are they suppose to be derelict salvage only? I have yet to see a single Hegemony fleet or market have one, nor have I seen any bounty fleet field any.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

My game is little more than 50% explored and I only found one or two Legion (XIV).

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile

Spoiler:
Spoiler
As far as I can thell they're semi-hardcoded to spawn in remnant-themed starsystems (note i don't think this necessarily means remnant beacon star systems), 2-5 recoverable and 3-6 nonrecoverable, unless I'm misreading the script -- which is quite a few.
[close]
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

(Moved here; because apparently nobody listens when I ask about not posting off-topic in Bug Reports. *grumble*)

Can the capital seeding behavior be changed by mods?

(I could say I want to turn it off, but what I really want to see is mods adding rare and unusual ships to the list so it seeds those for the player to find)

See: MiscellaneousThemeGenerator; search for "legion_xiv_Elite". It picks some systems to add it to, generates suitable locations therein, and ensures some of them are salvageable, while the rest get a random special. I think that code - while not extensible - should be fairly easy to co-opt for mod use.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile

ive got two in my fleet and honestly its pretty balanced in my opinion since the legion 14th battlegroup is pretty useless when alone compared to normal legions since ballistic mounts are replaced with large missile mounts. Also the legion is also pretty weak when not paired with other ships like another legion for exemple, or even an eagle... It will pack a punch, don't get me wrong, but if you encounter a bigger fleet that is hostile not only will you lose that legion but the fleets hunting you down will be bigger so its like driving a lambo in a ghetto, you better lock those doors and be ready to book it!

Honestly if it was any other capital ship it would be way too op and it makes sense story wise that legion 14th capitals are found in [redacted] space, the best weapon against them is torpedo fighter swarms to overwhelm the long range weapons and tachyon lance's the *** weild! Onslaughts and even paragons stand no chance against [redacted] compared to 6 legion ships swarming redacted fleets, at least they might sustain minimal fighter pilot losses :3

On that note, you can never have too many legion classes because in a fight, once they are out of fighters it could mean losing your entire fleet in a large fight so compared to onslaughts and other capital ships (except the atlas but that wouldn't make sense since [redacted] were on their side) they have the soft spot similar to CR, you gotta protect those bombers with fighters or else you will run out pretty quickly. the other thing to note is that if you add legions instead of 14th battlegroup legions you can stick 2 storm needlers on it and it will be stronger than a 14th legion since it wont rely on strike power instead of long lasting fight tactics so in the end its honestly the weakest capital ship out there despite having the hegemony mods! at least normal legions arent limited to strike roles opposed to the "upgrade" but pairing a normal legion with an 14th one can be one of the best combos out in the sector early on :3