Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 694986 times)

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector (Dev build v.2.4.3 available 2019-07-02)
« Reply #405 on: August 11, 2019, 11:23:12 AM »

Spoiler
I installed quite a few mods, but was this the one that added the quest that begins with you sharing war stories with other pilots, then they tell you about a run down ship in a random system and it's called "a promise" or something?

Because if so, do you have an explanation for why it spawned in the center of a sun?
[close]
That would be Arsenal Expansion, my mod. I'll investigate.

Mekkakak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 12, 2019, 08:23:16 PM »

Right, this was the mod that added the revolutionaries. Thanks for that by the way, nothing can make me feel quite the same as being stranded next to a supergiant star in the middle of nowhere, finally seeing my rescue come in, but it’s the revolutionaries, naturally inhospitable from the start, they laugh in my face, and I’m left staring at the screen in disbelief as a recorder rendition of the Russian anthem plays.
Don’t go changing a thing.
It's official. I've made terrible lapses in judgement and got my fleet destroyed 1000 times now. In honor of this achievement I am now naming my band "Wayfarer and the Kite".

Clibanarius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 12, 2019, 10:05:43 PM »

My flagship, the Kropotkin, would agree with this.

Peanut Man

• Ensign
  • Peanut Man, Unsalted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 14, 2019, 01:30:52 AM »

Hallo! I recently installed your mod. And it's extremely beautiful! I've managed to get most of the accessible ships for research through blueprints, and I love em! Although I am quite confused as how to start it in general? I should say I'm extremely sorry if this is an elementary question compared to what you get. But I do want to try out all there is enjoy! With that in mind. How would I go about doing so? Would a mission tooltip pop up at some point in the game? Should I get a commission from some particular faction? Perhaps someone over comms or sitting around a bar? Or would it show up normally via the blunt system? Again. I am quite sorry for the bother with such a silly question. But I do wish to enjoy what the mod has to offer! And I suppose I can be a bit dull!

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kadur Remnant v3.0.1 PUBLIC RELEASE 2019-08-14
« Reply #409 on: August 14, 2019, 09:59:04 PM »

BIG RELEASE! The mods have been SPLIT!!!
You can find Vayra's Sector HERE.
You can find Vayra's Ship Pack HERE.
You can find Kadur Remnant HERE. RIGHT HERE. IN THIS THREAD.

This was always the Kadur thread. This has always been the Kadur thread. We have always been at war with Eastasia.  :-X

Unfortunately I don't have a complete changelog because I changed too many things in the process of splitting them. As a rule, though, Kadur faction content including star systems is now in this mod, campaign mechanic changes and mod frameworks are in Vayra's Sector, and miscellaneous mostly-vanilla-friendly ships are in Vayra's Ship Pack. Notable exceptions are ships designed as test cases for Vayra's Sector content (i.e. colony faction skins, the Galleon, and the Black Talon), which continue to live in Vayra's Sector.

I don't believe Kadur itself got any new content in the interim, though some have been added to both Vayra's Sector (player-targeted bounties! bug fixes!) and Vayra's Ship Pack (Low Tech ships and Luddic skins!).

As always, you can get the mod from the link in the OP. :D
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 14, 2019, 10:09:34 PM »

Hallo! I recently installed your mod. And it's extremely beautiful! I've managed to get most of the accessible ships for research through blueprints, and I love em! Although I am quite confused as how to start it in general? I should say I'm extremely sorry if this is an elementary question compared to what you get. But I do want to try out all there is enjoy! With that in mind. How would I go about doing so? Would a mission tooltip pop up at some point in the game? Should I get a commission from some particular faction? Perhaps someone over comms or sitting around a bar? Or would it show up normally via the blunt system? Again. I am quite sorry for the bother with such a silly question. But I do wish to enjoy what the mod has to offer! And I suppose I can be a bit dull!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this post at all! Any events that my mods add should trigger in normal play, and if you started the game with it active then the Kadur systems and faction should just... be there.  :)

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 15, 2019, 01:20:00 AM »

Just using the 3 Vayras mods, Nexerelin with its custom starts and the required Lib mods (not using graphics Lib) the random star system start as Kadur Remnant crashes to desktop on the start once it is done loading. It says it is a null error and to check the logs. I do not understand the log and it is a 30mb file. If you need it I can find a place to upload it and link it to you but I think you could just load them up yourself and check if the Nexerelin custom start as the Kadur Remnant crashes the game for you too.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:56:18 AM by Zalpha »

mrpeters

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 15, 2019, 08:02:04 AM »

Same crash-issue as Zalpha. Default New Game settings were used, no random core system, and started in Kadur Remnant faction.

This is the error in my log

Code
86029 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.readResolve(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addItems(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addSpecial(Unknown Source)
at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinFactionConfig$SpecialItemSet.pickItemsAndAddToCargo(ExerelinFactionConfig.java:1127)
at exerelin.campaign.StartSetupPostTimePass.execute(StartSetupPostTimePass.java:179)
at exerelin.plugins.ExerelinModPlugin.onNewGameAfterTimePass(ExerelinModPlugin.java:394)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Code
{"enabledMods": [
  "lw_autosave",
  "CombatAnalytics",
  "lw_radar",
  "lw_console",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "MagicLib",
  "sun_new_beginnings",
  "nexerelin",
  "bonomel_skilledup",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "vayrasector",
  "vayrashippack",
  "lw_version_checker"
]}
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:12:56 AM by mrpeters »

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 15, 2019, 08:08:38 AM »

Would not updating break anything?

I like all three mods being in a massive mod pack like it was before instead of this tbh, so if updating it splits the mods in 3 id rather not.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 15, 2019, 12:06:33 PM »

Just using the 3 Vayras mods, Nexerelin with its custom starts and the required Lib mods (not using graphics Lib) the random star system start as Kadur Remnant crashes to desktop on the start once it is done loading. It says it is a null error and to check the logs. I do not understand the log and it is a 30mb file. If you need it I can find a place to upload it and link it to you but I think you could just load them up yourself and check if the Nexerelin custom start as the Kadur Remnant crashes the game for you too.

Same crash-issue as Zalpha. Default New Game settings were used, no random core system, and started in Kadur Remnant faction.

Oopsie, removed a blueprint and forgot to cut it from their exerelinFactionConfig file  :-[

Fixed now with 3.0.2 update, redownload from the OP! Should be save-compatible, though since it fixes a crash with new games I guess that doesn't really matter.

Would not updating break anything?

I like all three mods being in a massive mod pack like it was before instead of this tbh, so if updating it splits the mods in 3 id rather not.

You can continue to use the old version for as long as you like, but I won't provide download links or support for it - and running all three of these mods should provide an identical gameplay experience (with the exception of any bugfixes/new content added since i split it) anyway. :P
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:08:48 PM by Vayra »

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kadur Remnant v3.0.2 - bugfixes 2019-08-15
« Reply #415 on: August 15, 2019, 01:24:20 PM »

I got two of each of the schematics blueprints, so I learned all of them then sold the extra second copies for a nice starting bonus, lol.

I am not too sure if this was a bug or just the actual (troll) name of the ship as the others of the same make didn't show any errors but it could possibly be an error with the actual naming choices causing an error there.

mrpeters

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 15, 2019, 02:06:14 PM »

Oopsie, removed a blueprint and forgot to cut it from their exerelinFactionConfig file  :-[

Fixed now with 3.0.2 update, redownload from the OP! Should be save-compatible, though since it fixes a crash with new games I guess that doesn't really matter.

Alright, thank you :)

Ass-Haggis

• Ensign
  • Got the gangles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 15, 2019, 02:59:06 PM »

Can I just say that I am in love with this mod? The combination of such long-range standoff fleet options with the hey-this-is-actually-a-compelling-faction-i-am-rooting-for vibe is just incredibly pleasant! It's givin' me a little bit of like, Homeworld vibes almost, only it's the Hegemony who are the Taiidan and lowdown motherfuckers! (the Hegemony were always lowdown motherfuckers)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 15, 2019, 04:01:42 PM »

Can I just say that I am in love with this mod? The combination of such long-range standoff fleet options with the hey-this-is-actually-a-compelling-faction-i-am-rooting-for vibe is just incredibly pleasant! It's givin' me a little bit of like, Homeworld vibes almost, only it's the Hegemony who are the Taiidan and lowdown motherfuckers! (the Hegemony were always lowdown motherfuckers)

Thanks! That's exactly what I aim for, so I'm glad it's coming across.

I got two of each of the schematics blueprints, so I learned all of them then sold the extra second copies for a nice starting bonus, lol.

I am not too sure if this was a bug or just the actual (troll) name of the ship as the others of the same make didn't show any errors but it could possibly be an error with the actual naming choices causing an error there.

HAH, GOTTEM  :D

Re: the blueprints, I'm asking the Nexerelin author about it since I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 15, 2019, 07:16:51 PM »

HAH, GOTTEM  :D

Re: the blueprints, I'm asking the Nexerelin author about it since I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Haha, not sure I will be the last to report that then. It makes sense seeing the ;, as that doesn't make much sense for a null error to be labeled as such (I think, I do not know any coding).

Although the double blueprints give you 1 million in credits it is also kind of cool to get duplicates.

As what you can do with them is sell them to a faction. I heard that if you sell blueprints to the pirate faction. In a few months, they will be making them and using them in their fleets and that is a good way to get those ships and weapons for defeating them. I am not sure if it only works for them but it could perhaps work for them all.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 07:20:26 PM by Zalpha »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45