Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 759 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 484 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 482 (15%)
Space monsters
- 707 (22%)
More lore
- 210 (6.5%)
More music
- 132 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 278 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1432

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1806898 times)

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.7.1 - Patch Out !
« Reply #1425 on: February 12, 2015, 11:10:54 PM »

- The side pointing turrets on the Nevermore's middle are now fixed missile hardpoints.
Nuuu me point defence
- Added High Maintenance hullmods to Imaginos, Desdinova and Nevermore. Sorry, no fun allowed.
Dear lord, the Nevermore CR per deployment was already a supply vacuum...Rooks, Castles, and freighters ahoy
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 12, 2015, 11:24:34 PM »

Less PD, more explosions.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 12, 2015, 11:37:06 PM »

Less PD, more explosions.
Nah, less Argus, moar Darts.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 13, 2015, 06:54:48 AM »

https://soundcloud.com/fastland/sets/blackrock-drive-yards

The mod's soundtrack is on Soundcloud, just added two new tracks from this patch.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 13, 2015, 07:22:39 AM »

Wait, there was a Doom in End Times? (I don't see it in my v0.7)

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 13, 2015, 07:53:14 AM »

- Added High Maintenance hullmods to Imaginos, Desdinova and Nevermore. Sorry, no fun allowed.
Ehhhhh... I really dont agree with that. The Imaginos makes sense, but the Desdinova and Nevermore are just really good ships, and not indomitably good ships either. But anyway, thanks for the speedy update. I was waiting to play till Blackrock was updated, lol.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 13, 2015, 08:05:28 AM »

IMO it's entirely warranted, especially now that the Nevermore has 4 small missile hardpoints. The problem is player skills, I have to add something to make the playing field a tiny bit more even due to how broken those ships can be in a decent player's hands.

Wait, there was a Doom in End Times? (I don't see it in my v0.7)

I removed it in 0.7 but forgot to put it in the notes.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 13, 2015, 08:23:12 AM »

Augh, the Nevermore's supply cost now noooooo...

especially now that the Nevermore has 4 small missile hardpoints.
...though I can see how that would effect things with the regenamander, yeah.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 13, 2015, 08:25:05 AM »

Screw the regenamander, the new Achilles can kill ships on its own. :P

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 13, 2015, 08:31:07 AM »

Screw the regenamander, the new Achilles can kill ships on its own. :P
I haven't tried it yet! :P
Otherwise I probably would've put that there, it sounds like a pretty worthy missile.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 13, 2015, 08:34:07 AM »

IMO it's entirely warranted, especially now that the Nevermore has 4 small missile hardpoints. The problem is player skills, I have to add something to make the playing field a tiny bit more even due to how broken those ships can be in a decent player's hands.
I definitely understand that, but wouldn't it make more sense just to crank up the CR per deployment? And I'm not really sure buffing them then adding high maintenance is the right direction if you already think they're too crazy. There are so many taxes in this game in this game already, and basically no way to offset the cost of high maintenance. I understand you probably don't want to change the ship and the way its used, but if you want to discourage its use by holding a sword over the players head for just carrying it, I feel like that's close to the same thing. If you want it not to be used, I think there's got to be a better way than this. I wanted to avoid using myself as an example, but for me personally, the combined CR per deployment and high maintenance makes me not want to use it at all, when I was first attracted to it basically because it seemed like a cool ship.

Just for transparency, I've only played with both ships a few times, and haven't used them extensively. I can see that they have the potential to be quite strong, I just don't feel like this is much of a limiter, more of an annoyance.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 13, 2015, 08:51:25 AM »

I totally understand where you're coming from, and we'll see if it works out or not. I feel like really powerful, high-tech ships should require you to make an investment of support craft to carry supplies, as well as making you pay an opportunity cost. The campaign is very easy as it is, and the cost of running the ship can be offset by using efficient ships elsewhere. High Maintenance might be excessive, but when I tested it, I could still break even. You are not even penalized for being active, given that High Maintenance only kicks in when the ship is idle at full CR%.

The problem with the Desdinova and Nevermore is that both of them have Hyperion Syndrome, where they can easily outmaneuver the AI and obliterate ships that other ships of their size class wouldn't be able to touch. Once I get a Nevermore in the campaign, I very rarely lose battles, nor do I lose the ship itself - it's very easy to retreat with it. The point isn't really to impose a limiter, because there are none in a single-player game. If you wanted, you could mod the Nevermore to have unlimited burst jet ammo and cost 2 supplies/day. The point is to create a feeling of weight and cost, to sell the concept of the ship through both its designed strengths and weaknesses.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:01:23 AM by Cycerin »

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 13, 2015, 09:04:24 AM »

I totally understand where you're coming from, and we'll see if it works out or not. I feel like really powerful, high-tech ships should require you to make an investment of support craft to carry supplies, as well as making you pay an opportunity cost. The campaign is very easy as it is, and the cost of running the ship can be offset by using efficient ships elsewhere. High Maintenance might be excessive, but when I tested it, I could still break even. You are not even penalized for being active, given that High Maintenance only kicks in when the ship is idle at full CR%.

The problem with the Desdinova and Nevermore is that both of them have Hyperion Syndrome, where they can easily outmaneuver the AI and obliterate ships that other ships of their size class wouldn't be able to touch. Once I get a Nevermore in the campaign, I very rarely lose battles, nor do I lose the ship itself - it's very easy to retreat with it. The point isn't really to impose a limiter, because there are none in a single-player game. If you wanted, you could mod the Nevermore to have unlimited burst jet ammo and cost 2 supplies/day. The point is to create a feeling of weight and cost, to sell the concept of the ship through both its designed strengths and weaknesses.
Alright, Ill try using them a little before I judge anymore. Not sure if I want to wait for SS+, templars, and other mods still, not sure how long its going to be. My original save is basically too big to play on 65.1a so I'm basically sitting here till something happens. Thank you for your understanding, I hope I didn't come across as rude.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 13, 2015, 10:34:38 AM »

While doing some tests, it seems that AI controlled Imaginos class frigates don't fire their Rift cannons.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 13, 2015, 02:04:37 PM »

Thank you for your understanding, I hope I didn't come across as rude.

Hell no. And feedback is always appreciated.

While doing some tests, it seems that AI controlled Imaginos class frigates don't fire their Rift cannons.

They get weird in 1v1s or when under pressure because their evasive actions and venting cancel the Rift Cannon chargeup. I have fiddled with the idea of making the Rift Cannon different for a while to address this, but I've yet to think of a satisfying design. What I might end up doing is forcing it to work similarly to the Autopulse Laser and eliminating the chargeup, but the chargeup is an interesting part of how the ship feels.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 209