Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nomadic Survival 1.4.0 - Discover ways to thrive off-grid  (Read 27724 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nomadic Survival 1.2.0 - Discover ways to thrive off-grid
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2023, 02:41:37 PM »

Nomadic Survival 1.2.0
Compatible with previous versions

Overview:
* Added 7 new operation types, mostly science-themed ones to get data from resources
* Improved QoL, interoperability, and quality

Details:
* Added 5 new operation types that allow exchanging various commodities for data
* Added another operation type exclusive to Unknown Skies
* Added a new operation type exclusive to Hazard Mining Incorporated
* Added option highlighting for operations with on-time rewards available
* Added and updated some text to clarify how the drive field anomaly works
* Added a popup notification to inform players about operation intel search after 32 ops are discovered
* Added new integration features (operation type setters and a listener)
* Added the ability to use colony storage when performing planetary operations
* Fixed "mysterious chasm" operation sites sometimes spawning on gas giants
* Fixed anomaly data sometimes being left at operation sites due to incorrectly calculated storage limits
* Fixed profitability calculation accounting for abundance even when abundance was depleted
* Fixed completely depleted operation sites still being shown in some cases
* Fixed abundance info sometimes being displayed incorrectly when depleted
* Fixed various minor issues caused by automatically updating the operation search parameters intel item
* Removed the option to manually update operation search parameters
* Changed a few operations to use more transplutonics instead of metals
* Changed: Commodity IDs from mods may now be referenced in planetary_operations.csv without risk of errors
* Changed: Planets in claimed systems that are not colonized may now occasionally have operation sites
* Changed: The option for performing an operation with unmet skill prerequisite is now grayed-out

Coward

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2023, 08:47:46 AM »

This is, like, the perfect mod for the kind of playstyle I like

lately I've been using the settings in Nexerelin and Adjusted Sector to create a large sector that contains only 1 inhabited station by default (themed as a frontier outpost in an unexplored region adjacent to the Persean Sector), and this mod really, really helps make that kind of playthrough much more interesting

big thank mr. mod dog

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2023, 01:17:29 AM »

That sounds like a really cool idea for a playthrough! I'll have to try it sometime.
And I'm glad this mod could help spice it up!  ;D

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2023, 12:40:46 PM »

Reminds me of an old mobile game Star Traders, there it was pretty risky to to travel to a system (spending all your water-fuel) to then find out that the House controlling the local planets has gone to war against yours making you sacrifice your crew and morale to scrounge enough resources in the wilds to make a run back to friendly space.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2023, 07:48:54 AM »

...Are you telling me there are mobile games with genuine emergent gameplay? Maybe I need to spend more time on my phone  ;D

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2023, 05:35:08 AM »

Could we have a setting to have planetary ops NOT harm relations on comissioned worlds?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2023, 07:08:14 AM »

Good point! Commissioning factions allow you to colonize in their systems, so they should also allow you to exploit their planets. I'll change this. I don't think a new option is necessary though. I don't think there's a good reason for ops on commissioned worlds to cause rep penalties. Only reason it does is an oversight on my part.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2023, 07:28:40 AM »

Good point! Commissioning factions allow you to colonize in their systems, so they should also allow you to exploit their planets. I'll change this. I don't think a new option is necessary though. I don't think there's a good reason for ops on commissioned worlds to cause rep penalties. Only reason it does is an oversight on my part.
Even more so because I was doing on ithaca, a mayasuran colony I had governorship over and had founded

ArcanumRegis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2023, 03:28:42 PM »

Let me say I've been enjoying your mod a lot - exploration definitely feels more engaging and less of a chore in giving ways to rethink your plan based on findings and expeditions

I just came across a weird issue where 34 LY transversed were converted into 9,590,600 experience. It may be an unintended interaction with another mod, but it never ocurred to me before

EDIT: I realize I had turned on "REVEAL" on console commands to find a probe and forgot to turn it back off - data was calculated based on infinite scan radius, so no bug here
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 03:44:33 PM by ArcanumRegis »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2023, 04:54:49 PM »

Hey, welcome to the forum! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod  ;D

EDIT: I realize I had turned on "REVEAL" on console commands to find a probe and forgot to turn it back off - data was calculated based on infinite scan radius, so no bug here
It might not be bug, strictly speaking, but it's definitely a problematic interaction that's not intended. I think I'll be able to calculate sensor strength without the effect from the reveal command. Either way I'll cap the amount of sensor strength that counts for data gain at 2500 or so to make sure things at least stay reasonable. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2023, 05:36:57 PM »

This is, like, the perfect mod for the kind of playstyle I like

lately I've been using the settings in Nexerelin and Adjusted Sector to create a large sector that contains only 1 inhabited station by default (themed as a frontier outpost in an unexplored region adjacent to the Persean Sector), and this mod really, really helps make that kind of playthrough much more interesting

big thank mr. mod dog

Unironically, I would love to hear how you set this up, because that sounds like real damn fun! Long term exploration and salvaging is one of my favorite things to do in the game.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2023, 08:35:13 PM »

Nomadic Survival 1.3.0

Please note that this version has not yet been thoroughly tested with Starsector 0.96a

- Updated for Starsector 0.96a
- Updated LunaLib support to take advantage of new features
- Added sorting options to the planetary operation site search intel item
- Added some useful info to the "Begin the operation" tooltip, such as profitability and resources left after the operation
- Added "veteran mode" setting to start new games with fuel conversion on by default and all anomaly tiers known
- Added a setting to change the number of intel icons that are visible on the map at once
- Added setting to show profitability info when listing the operations available at a planet
- Fixed incorrect fuel requirements sometimes being displayed on system tooltips
- Fixed displaying "2147483647%" for profitability instead of "High" for operations with no inputs
- Fixed the fuel range indicator sometimes changing radius while the map is closing
- Fixed surveyors at bars sometimes giving info about planets in hidden systems (such as the Alpha site)
- Fixed commissioned factions getting upset when performing operations on their worlds
- Fixed sensor strength boost from the "reveal" console command contributing to data gain rate

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Nomadic Survival 1.3.0 - Discover ways to thrive off-grid
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2023, 04:40:32 AM »

I must say that while I very much like the idea of fuel being more of a factor and the idea that expeditions should need a specialized fleet setup.
For me the mechanic in this mod feels rather over-engineered and confusing.

I would remove the on/off toggle, the data resource, burning fuel to trigger it, the distinction between civilian/military ships and the scanning stuff and just have the event counter reset when getting near a core system relay.

Lore-wise I think it would also make more sense to say that it's needed for fleets to grab fresh hyperspace 4D coordinate maps to maintain hyperspace fold-pathing efficiency, over the super long explanation right now.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 07:02:34 AM by Bastion.Systems »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2023, 08:16:09 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! I would agree with you on all points if the purpose of the drive field anomaly were simply to encourage sourcing fuel while exploring instead of stockpiling it, but I had several other goals in mind while designing it. The overall goal is to create an alternative, optional mode of exploration that encourages long, dynamic, and challenging expeditions with a bit of a scientific discovery theme. I know it's complicated, but I did my best to simplify it as much as I could without compromising that goal.

Originally I planned to make the anomaly reset when entering any colonized system, but opted for the current method because it applies to Nex outposts and allows more freedom. I do think your lore explanation for the anomaly reset would make more sense, but it wouldn't explain why the anomaly is reset even if you don't want it to be.

I think the distinction between civilian and militarized ships is very useful for giving people more control over how their fleets interact with the anomaly, as well as addressing some edge-cases, such as when non-civ-grade ships (like the Revenant or some mod ships) have excessive fuel capacity.

Question Mark

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2023, 06:56:02 PM »

Crash bug: You still get bar events for new planet ops after the whole sector is surveyed/colonized.

Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at nomadic_survival.campaign.SurveyorIntelBarEvent.optionSelected(SurveyorIntelBarEvent.java:121)
at nomadic_survival.campaign.SurveyorIntelBarEvent.init(SurveyorIntelBarEvent.java:105)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.BarEventDialogPlugin.init(BarEventDialogPlugin.java:31)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD.optionSelected(BarCMD.java:355)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5