Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: [0.97] Kon's Multi-Pack v.3.4.9 - Player Faction Expansion  (Read 85714 times)

Konturga

• Commander
  • Talk is cheap, but they never said it was free.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.2.0
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2024, 12:07:14 AM »

Could you alteast remove the shard spawner hullmod from recoverable Doritos from Automated Skill since they can Break the Game?  :-\ Thank you and Good day! I hope you update this to 0.97a.

I'm still racking my brain on that one, I think I need to find out how the [REDACTED] phase ship is scavenged. I know that the version you get is different than the one that you fight. Using that as a basis... If I could find a way to have them drop the specific ships I could make a version without the hullmod.
It's easier surrounded by seas,
A simple safety, Without regrets,
Until the thoughts arrive as the sun sets,
Basking the world in twilight,
As cracks in the clouds bleed golden skylight,
They seem so far away.

Jimminy Crimbles

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.2.1
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2024, 12:10:08 AM »

just a heads up, all the images on the first post are broken for me

Konturga

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.2.1
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2024, 12:13:16 AM »

just a heads up, all the images on the first post are broken for me

...I see.. That is unfortunate. Thank you for letting me know. Let me see if I can get them fixed.
They seem so far away.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.2.0
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2024, 01:08:30 PM »

I wonder if you did something dirty, because I have serious performance issues throughout the game since my last run to the point I don't want to play anymore - and all I did was to remove Roider Union, reinstalled Starsector to get 0.97a and added your mods.
This is certainly not reassuring as it looks like something unfinished.
So could it be a 0.97a thing or something in your mod?

I had to figure out why it was showing up, sometimes I forget what it's like without the Nexerelin mod. Normally it would have auto hidden that, it's a faction that can be joined through another mod to give you all the XIII ship blueprints right off the bat. That did give me a pointer that I have to hide that one for vanilla players.

As for performance issues, this mod has three modules.

The mod for blueprints only make it so some ships and equipment can be salvaged.

For the player faction mod, it's a lightweight mod that changes the names of fleets, titles, ui color, player allied fleet dialogue, and reveals your faction in the intel screen. It doesn't spawn a faction either and there are no added scripts so while I can't rule out the possibility, I can't really see what could cause it.

The XIII ships adds a hullmod, a starting faction profile for another mod, ships and fighters.

All three of the modules are extremely lightweight, should be with low overhead unless I'm missing something.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't think either that your mods are to blame.

Konturga

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.2.2
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2024, 11:17:49 PM »

I wonder if you did something dirty, because I have serious performance issues throughout the game since my last run to the point I don't want to play anymore - and all I did was to remove Roider Union, reinstalled Starsector to get 0.97a and added your mods.
This is certainly not reassuring as it looks like something unfinished.
So could it be a 0.97a thing or something in your mod?

I had to figure out why it was showing up, sometimes I forget what it's like without the Nexerelin mod. Normally it would have auto hidden that, it's a faction that can be joined through another mod to give you all the XIII ship blueprints right off the bat. That did give me a pointer that I have to hide that one for vanilla players.

As for performance issues, this mod has three modules.

The mod for blueprints only make it so some ships and equipment can be salvaged.

For the player faction mod, it's a lightweight mod that changes the names of fleets, titles, ui color, player allied fleet dialogue, and reveals your faction in the intel screen. It doesn't spawn a faction either and there are no added scripts so while I can't rule out the possibility, I can't really see what could cause it.

The XIII ships adds a hullmod, a starting faction profile for another mod, ships and fighters.

All three of the modules are extremely lightweight, should be with low overhead unless I'm missing something.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't think either that your mods are to blame.

You're very welcome. I'm glad that it helped.
They seem so far away.

Daredevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2024, 12:26:59 PM »

Hey Kon, love the new ships (and the mod in general), but I have a question:

Why does the XIII Hammerhead have HEF instead of AAF? Are you supposed to put AM-Blasters into the two small front hybrid mounts?
It also has 10 less OP than the base Hammerhead.
Was this done for balancing reasons or is this something you accidentally adopted from what I assume to have been your template, the LG Hammerhead?

Konturga

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2024, 01:01:55 PM »

Hey Kon, love the new ships (and the mod in general), but I have a question:

Why does the XIII Hammerhead have HEF instead of AAF? Are you supposed to put AM-Blasters into the two small front hybrid mounts?
It also has 10 less OP than the base Hammerhead.
Was this done for balancing reasons or is this something you accidentally adopted from what I assume to have been your template, the LG Hammerhead?

You hit it square on the head with that one, yeah that was an accident. Let me see about getting that fixed.
They seem so far away.

JaeSunRyoo

• Ensign
  • Without pain or sacrifice, we would have nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.2.3
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2024, 02:39:49 PM »

Hey Kon! Really appreciate the mod, thank you.
I just had a question about the faction intel description tab. You know the line that displays the illegal commodities, ranging from drugs to AI cores? What exactly do I need to edit to actually change what is illegal or not for my faction whilst using this mod pack?

I've gone into world/factions and edited all the player-related files to just have drugs/organs to be illegal, not heavy armaments and ai cores. Is there anything else that I'm missing? Great mod again by the way - love that I can customise my own faction description now from the get go, along with the ships!

Konturga

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2024, 08:19:59 PM »

I just had a question about the faction intel description tab. You know the line that displays the illegal commodities, ranging from drugs to AI cores? What exactly do I need to edit to actually change what is illegal or not for my faction whilst using this mod pack?

I've gone into world/factions and edited all the player-related files to just have drugs/organs to be illegal, not heavy armaments and ai cores. Is there anything else that I'm missing? Great mod again by the way - love that I can customise my own faction description now from the get go, along with the ships!

So this one gets a bit tricky, first things first, I'll start with this.

The Illegal commodities seem to be set at the beginning of a save, they don't seem to be able to changed after you start your save. Other things edited in the player.faction file change too, but not all of them switch after you've already started. One such example would be the illegal commodities.

Now, you've changed the illegal commodities in your player.faction file. You're wondering why it didn't change anything. The answer to that one is actually quite simple. While you can specify what illegal commodies *ARE* illegal, you cannot specify what *AREN'T*. Why is that a problem? Because even though we remove them from ours, there's actually one more player.faction file that is messing with that.

In Starsector/starsector-core/data/world/factions/

There is the original player.faction file.

While ours does overwrite it, it's probably more correct to say that it merges it. That's why other mods can add portraits to the player faction without overwriting the rest of our changes. Since all we did was erase some illegal commodities, the other player faction, since it still had them merged the information in there with ours and that doesn't help us at all.

That player faction file we mentioned earlier, you can rename it, overwrite it, or delete it, and that should get rid of other issues. As long as you're using a player faction file, for instance, my mod's player faction file, the game will still run as intended.
They seem so far away.

JaeSunRyoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2024, 03:11:38 AM »

The Illegal commodities seem to be set at the beginning of a save, they don't seem to be able to changed after you start your save. Other things edited in the player.faction file change too, but not all of them switch after you've already started. One such example would be the illegal commodities.

Now, you've changed the illegal commodities in your player.faction file. You're wondering why it didn't change anything. The answer to that one is actually quite simple. While you can specify what illegal commodies *ARE* illegal, you cannot specify what *AREN'T*. Why is that a problem? Because even though we remove them from ours, there's actually one more player.faction file that is messing with that.

While ours does overwrite it, it's probably more correct to say that it merges it. That's why other mods can add portraits to the player faction without overwriting the rest of our changes. Since all we did was erase some illegal commodities, the other player faction, since it still had them merged the information in there with ours and that doesn't help us at all.

That player faction file we mentioned earlier, you can rename it, overwrite it, or delete it, and that should get rid of other issues. As long as you're using a player faction file, for instance, my mod's player faction file, the game will still run as intended.

And here I didn't even think about or realise that the player faction files would just be "merged" so to speak. That's definitely something I will need to go ahead and tinker with.

I suspected that the changes wouldn't be visible mid-save. Oh well. Thanks Kon.

Konturga

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2024, 10:53:06 AM »

And here I didn't even think about or realise that the player faction files would just be "merged" so to speak. That's definitely something I will need to go ahead and tinker with.

I’m just glad it helped. If there was just a way to remove lines from the merging.. There would be a lot more than I could do. 

Before I forget, with the same vein of thought, if you take out the player.faction file in the place I mentioned, it means it won’t be able to merge the portraits from there. It could help if you wanted to have only specific portraits in your army as specified in your mod’s player faction file.
They seem so far away.

JaeSunRyoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2024, 05:37:31 PM »

I’m just glad it helped. If there was just a way to remove lines from the merging.. There would be a lot more than I could do. 

Before I forget, with the same vein of thought, if you take out the player.faction file in the place I mentioned, it means it won’t be able to merge the portraits from there. It could help if you wanted to have only specific portraits in your army as specified in your mod’s player faction file.

It's been very helpful, thank you. I went on a non-recommended route and decided to just edit the player faction file in the core file location to have the same illegal commodities as I have in your mod. Would that... work? I'll have to test it myself later tonight, but I've made one too many mistakes in the past with renaming or deleting files whilst tinkering with mods.

Konturga

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2024, 07:51:26 PM »

It's been very helpful, thank you. I went on a non-recommended route and decided to just edit the player faction file in the core file location to have the same illegal commodities as I have in your mod. Would that... work? I'll have to test it myself later tonight, but I've made one too many mistakes in the past with renaming or deleting files whilst tinkering with mods.

Short answer, yes, it should work.

Long answer, I think modifying it is pretty similar to deleting or renaming it in the sense it's generally not recommended. But it's what needs to be done in order to have everything tweaked exactly as we want it. To answer, yes, that should work just fine. Or rather, unless there is information disproving it, I should say I think that's one of the only ways it will work. I think it's completely understandable to not delete it.
They seem so far away.

Iwe Eri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.2.4
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2024, 08:46:29 AM »

Hi just to clarify on the above thread, do all the player.faction files need to be edited to change the illegal commodities? in both the mod and the core game?

Konturga

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.2.4
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2024, 10:44:17 AM »

Hi just to clarify on the above thread, do all the player.faction files need to be edited to change the illegal commodities? in both the mod and the core game?

Sort of.
Because of the way it merges the files, you can add illegal commodities without modifying both, but if you want to remove some, you also have to modify the one in the core game folder.
They seem so far away.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14