Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.97a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.5 "Bloatening"  (Read 136228 times)

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.2
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2023, 07:58:40 AM »

Hi, just wanted to say that I really enjoy this mod. Low-tech goodness and fun guns. But is the naming convention gaelic, irish or scottish? Or gaelic scottish? Something else? I'm not exactly well-versed in this topic but my irish friend did make me interested in such history and culture.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2023, 05:27:46 PM »

Hi, just wanted to say that I really enjoy this mod. Low-tech goodness and fun guns. But is the naming convention gaelic, irish or scottish? Or gaelic scottish? Something else? I'm not exactly well-versed in this topic but my irish friend did make me interested in such history and culture.

I'm glad you enjoy it! The naming convention is actually Scottish gaelic, like you had guessed. I'm not well-versed myself but it's a very intriguing language.

Gift-of-Life

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2023, 06:06:38 PM »

Im confused to way this mod gives a fatal: error loading {data/missions/bt_testingrange/descriptor.json} resource, not found in {/home/deck/desktop/starsector/./mods/bultach coalition,/home/deck/desktop/starsector/./mods..............................

It's the only mod active besides Lunalib, Magiclib, Graphicslib, and Lazylib.

edit: found a fix by deleting the missions folder.

Quite strange, first time I've had this crash reported. Could be potentially fixed by just attempting another download, but deleting the folder also works, if you don't care about the mission.

i'm guessing Gift-of-Life is on linux since i'm getting the same issue. basically the mission folder name is BT_TestingRange while its reference in code is bt_testingrange. since linux is case-sensitive (unlike windows), it crashes the game. simply renaming the folder to lowercase solved the issue.

Yes Im very much on a linux system because of my SteamDeck. For what it is, I love it. Though because its a Linux OS, im very much learning its quirks. For example would be your solution with Case-Sensitive folder names. I had not known that was an issue with the OS, even after seeing the mods reference file wording. So thanks!

I'll have this fixed by next update, and I'll keep it in mind for future reference so I don't give linux users crashes. Thank you!

Your welcome, and thank you.

vagabond1-akallas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2023, 01:42:59 AM »

Yo!

So I played like three campaigns so far with Bultach Coalition since the latest Starsector update. Dozens of campaigns before that.

Thank you for making the mod, by the way.

So what I've noticed between the change is this. Prior to May 12 update, Bultach was always tittering on the edge of annihilation.

Of course, I am using Nexerelin.

After the May 12 update, Bultach has, on all three of my new campaigns, wiped out the Tri-Tachyon within the first ten years of the game. In the first campaign, they wiped out the Tri-Tachs in under five. None of the campaigns saw either party ally with anyone else.

IMO you buffed the faction up the wazoo.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2023, 03:22:12 AM »

This is my favourite high tech mod on the forums!
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2023, 11:42:39 AM »

Yo!

So I played like three campaigns so far with Bultach Coalition since the latest Starsector update. Dozens of campaigns before that.

Thank you for making the mod, by the way.

So what I've noticed between the change is this. Prior to May 12 update, Bultach was always tittering on the edge of annihilation.

Of course, I am using Nexerelin.

After the May 12 update, Bultach has, on all three of my new campaigns, wiped out the Tri-Tachyon within the first ten years of the game. In the first campaign, they wiped out the Tri-Tachs in under five. None of the campaigns saw either party ally with anyone else.

IMO you buffed the faction up the wazoo.

Yeah, I gave them a siphon station and replaced their corrupted nanoforge with a pristine while I work out a side-grade version, but I've often been hearing they go ham on Tri-Tach ever since then. I'll look into their config settings which I have neglected for awhile to see if I can make TT not instantly explode.

Astronova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2023, 10:54:57 PM »

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but the Chrioch Minigun deals no damage even when armor is completely obliterated, not even to missiles or smallcraft. Not sure if it's something on my end or a bug.

edit: I tested the minigun again on a fresh save using a hegemony ship with no UNGP modifiers and that seemed to work just fine.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 11:25:12 PM by Astronova »

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2023, 03:59:56 PM »

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but the Chrioch Minigun deals no damage even when armor is completely obliterated, not even to missiles or smallcraft. Not sure if it's something on my end or a bug.

edit: I tested the minigun again on a fresh save using a hegemony ship with no UNGP modifiers and that seemed to work just fine.

Yeah I'm not sure what could have caused that other than another mod, as it does damage on my end, and I haven't heard about this issue from anyone else. It just does low frag damage in exchange for shooting extremely fast, so sometimes it can feel like it's not doing much at all haha.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.3
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2023, 03:57:30 PM »

1.1.3 is out! Here's a changelog;

Ship changes;

-Resprited the Smàladair
-Resprited the Snàthad
-Added a pirate variant of the Snàthad
-Resprited the Brònach fighter, reduced hull, armor, fixed weapon issue, reduced OP
-Resprited the Dhaich, minor rework
-Added a pirate variant of the Fithea
-Resprited and reworked the Nadhmòr
-Added the dram, phaeton, and mule to Bultach's known blueprints
-Another flux-related balance pass, and a shield balance pass
-Changed the Aghaidh's system to Assault Burn
-Fixed the Brùth (P) having four bays instead of two (how)
-Resprited and reworked the Spacehulk, now 85 DP
-Resprited and reworked the Freigart
-Fixed a few more oversights
-Added the Asal, a destroyer-sized freighter
-Added the Murtach-class cruiser, an experimental phase vessel

Weapon changes;

-Resprited and reworked the Seilch Autocannon into the Seilch Railgun
-Decreased the reload speed of the Unsgaith LRMs
-Decreased the ammo of the Unsgaith LRMs
-Removed EMP from the Unsgaith LRMs
-Decreased missile speed of the Unsgaith LRMs
-Made it so Bultach markets will consistently sell their own weapons (oops)
-Resprited and Reworked the Peilt Mortar into the Peilt Autocannon
-Removed the reload of the Caillean Barrage
-Added the Tonn Mòr torpedo, comes in large and medium
-Made the Beag PD's flak explosion smaller, made it more efficient
-Made the Snàthad more accurate
-Reworked the plasma shotguns into molten metal shotguns

Other changes;

-Reworked Offensive overdrive. Less benefits, shields able to stay up, no longer overloads
-Added orbital works to Mèinnearach
-Upgraded Miotail's patrol HQ to Military Base, also gave it a Megaport
-Updated various descriptions
-Fixed Bultach not showing up in bounties
-Made Bultach a bit less hyper aggressive, I hope
-And probably many more changes that I simply forgot

rb1092

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2023, 01:53:57 PM »

I like the flavor, they are extremely strong early though.  Took out the Diktat with 3 massive fleets early, the teleporting ramming cruisers seemed a bit much that early.  I took the mod out due to the early game but clearly a lot of work went into it.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2023, 06:52:04 PM »

I like the flavor, they are extremely strong early though.  Took out the Diktat with 3 massive fleets early, the teleporting ramming cruisers seemed a bit much that early.  I took the mod out due to the early game but clearly a lot of work went into it.

You're using nex, I assume? I tried to tone down their aggression in the config but I'll have another look. And those phase cruisers are supposed to be exceptionally rare, but I'll look into further decreasing their spawn rate.

jvaler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2023, 01:45:44 PM »

Making the Bultach system compatible with Industrial Evolution could be nice. I really wanted to get a Bultach ambassador in my playthrough, but it's not integrated from what I can tell.

Love the mod though!

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2023, 09:22:24 AM »

These are some of my favorite ships, the sprites are beautiful and the ships are fun to use.  Thank you!

Nobody

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2023, 05:36:52 AM »

Can you please lower the fuel comsuption of the sathar ship?

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2023, 06:33:50 PM »

Can you please lower the fuel comsuption of the sathar ship?

Oop, forgot to change that. I'll have it reduced by next update to around 36/ly
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11