Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: npc starting locations  (Read 634 times)

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
npc starting locations
« on: January 11, 2022, 12:07:08 PM »

hey guys was just trying to get another campaign going and this time and i was going to try and run with a max amount of planets and a small amount of populated worlds with the hopes of getting a more fleshed out galaxy that might get expanded upon as time goes on, but i started it up and noticed that my factions were interspersed and mixed up all over the galaxy and was wondering if there was a way to concentrate npc starting locations so they can be clustered together with their own factions.  Some kind of seem like they do, but its still a pretty mixed bag as a whole and id like to have each faction have a half a dozen planets of their own spread over a small area so they dont get rolled and can support each other economically or militarily if they arent all spread out.

anyone have any ideas on how i can group ai starting systems more together?

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: npc starting locations
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 12:12:14 PM »

i ended up making a high system count and high planet count game which seems pretty cool, but they are still pretty interspersed and only a few have their own independent areas. 

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 12:18:10 PM »

Any sort of randomly created populated worlds are mod features, so it would make more sense to discuss the in the appropriate mod thread.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 04:48:18 PM »

I could make shared systems much rarer (IIRC the only case in vanilla that doesn't involve Pathers, pirates or indies is Valhalla)

anyone have any ideas on how i can group ai starting systems more together?
You can't, except by editing the code.

id like to have each faction have a half a dozen planets of their own spread over a small area so they dont get rolled and can support each other economically or militarily if they arent all spread out.
This isn't really a thing; two planets in adjoining stars have no more ability to "support each other economically or militarily" each other for most purposes, than if they were 20 LY apart. (Same-system planets do at least share patrol fleets for defense)