Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: [0.95.1] Yunru Core +  (Read 223783 times)

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1] Yunru Core +
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2022, 03:37:11 PM »

After Tech Mining mod update, i can no longer see the ruin usage percentage - the usual quality text from vanilla shows, but the percentage is always 0.0%.

Oh, that is a bug... I always saw 0.0% and thought this was... sort of normal.

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2022, 11:25:15 AM »

Any way to disable the custom world conditions, or change how common they are? I've found the Rogue Hephestus modifier on every single desert world I've come across, which seems... Well, far more common than it should be.

Marcoda

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2022, 07:23:49 PM »

Having played for a further amount of time I can comfortably say that the citadel battleship is completely unfun to play against. While on it's own it feels like a balanced ship the problem is that every pirate fleet will spawn with several of them, effectively making every encounter with them beyond challenging as you are spammed with 4 large ballistic mounts with AAF by multiple citadel's from a long range due their built in hull mods.

Furthermore the chimaera is also incredibly frustrating to engage due to it's high maneuverability and due to how little damage it's shields (0.4 is insane) take unless the AI screws up I find they can engage and pin down multiple ships despite their size. Furthermore they have the same problem as the citadel's in that many of them are in every pirate fleet which makes it practically impossible to defeat any pirate fleet in early/mid game.

I really want to continue using these mods as I love the concepts you have created with these ships but in their current condition I would not recommend downloading them without some hard looks at the spawning math and a balance pass.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 04:00:42 AM by Marcoda »

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2022, 10:11:13 PM »

...tbh, that sounds more like a issue with how the game determines fleets more than anything. You'd think that more mods would equal more variety, but the game always ends favoring a few hulls per class.

That said, it does become pretty egregious when you pretty much only see one ship in a specific role. For Capitals, yep, Citadel. Cruisers... Huh, I can't actually recall running into any pirate cruisers so far. Destroyers seem to be almost entirely Kadur Falchions, with couple Takshido ships to prevent things from being completely red. Frigates have the closest thing resembling variety with three hulls being commonly used, though the Chimaera makes up the bulk.

I suppose the issue stands out a lot more when the ships the game settles on include some of the more annoying ones of the bunch.

Edit - Found a pirate fleet in waiting, here's what it looks like. Nice to see some cruisers in it at least, that class as a whole generally doesn't show up. All Hippogriffs though.

https://i.imgur.com/Qt8zf1f.jpg

Edit 2 - I will agree with Marcoda on the Chimaera being awful to fight. They're not that much of a threat in terms of firepower, but their speed serves to pointlessly draw out a fight. They pretty much have all the annoyances that lead to phase ships getting their speed nerf, with no real novelty. Wouldn't be that bad if it was just a couple ships, but well... Swarms. Frankly, I had more fun losing ship to that group of Citadels than I did mopping up the Chimaeras.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 11:40:03 PM by Hexxod »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2022, 11:56:40 PM »

I'll see what I can do about making the Citadels rarer. Already have an idea for the Chimeras to make them more bearable without taking away their "fast" niche.

Marcoda

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2022, 03:58:05 AM »

I'll see what I can do about making the Citadels rarer. Already have an idea for the Chimeras to make them more bearable without taking away their "fast" niche.

Great to hear I look forward to it, and don't get me wrong I still do enjoy your mods when they appear as a balanced part of a fleet. Something just seems off about their spawn chance

Arcade_Allure

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2022, 04:39:31 PM »

Can anyone shed some light on the Let?s Beyblade! hullmod?

Surely, its a joke hullmod but, wut does it actually do?

foxunit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2022, 02:47:37 PM »

I just attempted to install gamma, beta and alpha cores into a Scy cruiser and the hullmods are not unlocked (yes I have confirmed installation :)) never had an issue on any ship before.

Nevermind, the issue was on my side. I DID install the cores, but for some reason I DID not select the same ship for further modification afterwards. Talk about being tired... .
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 02:50:50 PM by foxunit »

renegade_sock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2022, 01:07:27 AM »

Hey has anybody else noticed that the citadel ship is stuck on inverted "Strafe and turn to cursor" mode? I have to hold shift for it to act like a normal ship, but if i literally switch in combat to another ship, it controls like normal. I'm trying to find if there is anything in the code that could cause this, will see how i go

renegade_sock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2022, 02:05:04 AM »

Hey has anybody else noticed that the citadel ship is stuck on inverted "Strafe and turn to cursor" mode? I have to hold shift for it to act like a normal ship, but if i literally switch in combat to another ship, it controls like normal. I'm trying to find if there is anything in the code that could cause this, will see how i go

I resolved it, it was due to an interaction with the ship and the flux reticle mod. I assume it must save the turn to strafe toggle for a specific ship type

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2022, 05:30:31 PM »

Was there not a hull mod for collapsed cargo holds for more armor? I can get it from starting with a transport in Nexin but can't find the mod anywhere in the menu, shop, or skills.

cloud0698

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2022, 07:28:34 AM »

Found a bug in Yunru Industries mod.
A black market created by a bug sells a large number of items at unusual prices.
Here's how to reproduce it.
1. Access a colony owned by the player.
2. Enable Free port.
3. Read Bazaar's description in the "Add industry or structure" menu.

The mods I used to reproduce the bug were Yunru Industries 0.95.1-1.7, Console Commands 2021.12.25, LazyLib 2.7b.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 07:31:19 AM by cloud0698 »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2022, 07:34:45 AM »

Thank you for the info.
The bug should already be fixed for next release, but knowing how to reproduce it will be a great help for testing!

Warsmith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2022, 02:36:59 PM »

Midline expansion download seems to have contents from the Hullmods mod instead. Getting an error on launch when updating everything without Midline.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11