Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.95a] Ship loadout collection  (Read 30122 times)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Some decent ship loadouts
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2021, 08:55:10 AM »

Spoiler
Too much PD for a ship that has 360 shield with shield conversion mod.
heh
[close]
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV5o1E8NPMQ

*Screeches in disagreement*

Spoiler
That was my Odyssey before i got some dorito's weapons.
Spoiler
[close]

Now i have 4 Minipulsers instead of 4 IR pulse lasors. No Breach missiles, but 2 Antimatter SRM Launchers.

Resistant flux conduits helps, because you need to vent faster.
Auxilary thrusters is essential mod as well as Helmsmanship skill. Try to spin around Onslaught or any other thing you wanna flank with it and without it.
The only questionable mod here is Unstable Injector. I like it, but it is possible to play without it, i guess.

Also: Sparks. Idk if i really need em, but they playing PD role and can finish frigates.

For skills i m using EWM and Systems Expertise. No wrapping around. System Expertise is really good. With Unstable Injector allows to engage and disengage fast. Also it is pretty good to ram frigates (especially small phase ships).

And the last thing i wanna mention: to bad, 0-flux bonus does not work when you vent now. When it was the case, survivability was way better.
[close]

Now, that's one mean looking odissey, too bad I could never try it as those empty weapon mounts would drive me insane :P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:11:04 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2021, 09:10:30 AM »

Tempest: What's the point of the pulse laser? You're already way over flux budget with just the heavy blaster, so it's not really adding anything.

My general tempest fit is one heavy blaster, Hardened Shields built-in, either Extended Shields or Hardened Subsystems built in (depending on whether or not you've got Wolfpack Tactics; if you do, you can skip Hardened Subsystems.), then in rough order of priority, extended shields (if not built-in), resistant flux conduits, max vents, max capacitors, flux distributor, accelerated shields, flux coil adjunct, solar shielding, and then maybe something in the missile slot or ITU or turret gyros or whatever you've got OP left for.

This works with Special Modifications, too, it's just that there you won't get past the 'max capacitors' step of the loadout; you'll end up with one heavy blaster, resistant flux conduits, 20 vents, 15 capacitors, and whatever three hull mods you've built in - Hardened & Extended shields are requirements; Hardened Subsystems may also be required.

Solar Shielding may get pushed up the priority if you know you'll mostly be fighting remnants or other high-tech opponents. Or, alternatively, it gets pushed up in priority if every other ship in your fleet already has it - I did run a game recently where I just put Solar Shielding on everything and it was a very nice quality-of-life thing to be able to just about ignore hyperspace storms.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Adex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2021, 09:15:38 AM »

I think you're putting far too many caps and vents on those logistics ships, when you could easily fit in a few more worthwhile hull-mods like Insulated Engine Assembly for lower sensor profile or Unstable Injectors so they can be a little faster on a bad retreat. High Resolution Sensors is also a fantastic pick for them! Overall, logistics ships really don't care about caps/vents, given not one could fight off even a measly Kite by itself.

Besides the logistics, I don't really have much to comment on bar that the built-in ITU on the Heron might be better replaced by a shield hullmod.

Thanks. I fixed the logistics ships, and modified the Heron (switched to bombers, and added front shield conversion - I thought that if the Heron gets into a situation where its shield matters, it should be a 360 shield, since most likely it is flanked). I updated them in my original post.

Heron
[close]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:26:01 AM by Adex »

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2021, 09:34:25 AM »

too bad I could never try it as those empty weapon mounts would drive me insane
I d put 2 more SRM launchers if i had them. They are really good.

Also wanna mention: i tried 2 autopulse lasors with those minipuslers and Expanded mags. Well, it still does its job, but slower. Not enough burst for me. Minipulsers are great - they refill entire capacity in 10 seconds (20 with Expanded mags). But Autopulse lasors cant do that, and you will tear your enemy slowly and painfully. Guess, it can be solved by correct choice of missiles, but i dont know good ones for that task. Or, maybe, by good bombers...

Also wanna make clear the reason of using minipulsers instead of IR pulse lasors: we have no problem with breaching armor by 2 plasma. But i encountered some Conquests (and even few Atlases) heavily loaded with kinetics, so, i need a way to break their shields faster and cheaper. IR pulse deals 150 dps and has 0.8 flux efficiency. Minipulser deals 100 sustained and 1.0 efficient, but it is 200 against shields, which means 0.5. It is slightly better if we compare equal dps, and it has burst. Since we have mobility, we can fly farther if we dont need minipulsers to shoot (or dont use autofire, but i always use it for everything but missiles).
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:48:38 AM by Mordodrukow »
Spoiler
[close]

Adex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2021, 09:41:57 AM »

*Tempest stuff*

How about this?
Tempest
[close]

Also,

"ignore hyperspace storms."

Yes, now I want to do this  :D

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 10:12:48 AM by Adex »

Pappus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2021, 09:44:25 AM »

Too much PD for a ship that has 360 shield with shield conversion mod.
heh
[close]

About Medusa: I eventually dropped railguns from my loadout in favour of dual autocannons, simply because Medusa isn't going to be fighting at range anyway, and ended with seemingly pretty decent loadout. By that I mean it didn't die too much against Remnants. Though, of course, it could not compete with Fury.
Spoiler
[close]

This is mine for AI, but consider that heavy burst PD under observation (which I keep forget to observe)

Flux is my main concern though. I don't want him to do anything crazy. I want him to go and tank something like a radiant for a very long time and in case he finds something weaker the weaponry is enough to win anyhow.

Shield values are way too good these days anyhow

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2021, 09:48:37 AM »

This is mine for AI, but consider that heavy burst PD under observation (which I keep forget to observe)

Flux is my main concern though. I don't want him to do anything crazy. I want him to go and tank something like a radiant for a very long time and in case he finds something weaker the weaponry is enough to win anyhow.

I actually had my Furies tank Radiants for way longer than a cruiser should be able to. I saw random Furies in front of Radiants and they weren't dying. I should pay attention to them sometimes, because flying around in a Hyperion doesn't really let me know how my ships are doing.

Pappus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2021, 09:53:31 AM »

I actually had my Furies tank Radiants for way longer than a cruiser should be able to. I saw random Furies in front of Radiants and they weren't dying. I should pay attention to them sometimes, because flying around in a Hyperion doesn't really let me know how my ships are doing.
Just drive such a fury yourself it just is absurd how much they tank for 15 dp. I mean that shield is at 0.4 and that doesn't even factor in solar shielding

Adex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2021, 09:55:31 AM »

*Apogee stuff*

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I combined your advice with what I already had, and came to this conclusion. Also, I like the idea of a support beam Apogee much better, so I went with HIL. Also, with the support role in mind, I left the missiles on for the role of harassing enemy PD.

Apogee
[close]

If you want to use it as support with HIL build in advanced optics instead of stabilized shields.
+200 range means they get in each other's way less, and also makes PD much better.

Since HIL doesn't use as much flux as plasma and you do not have the ion beam that much venting is almost always wasted, moving it to capacitors would tank it up quite a bit.

Overall if you want beam support for other ships a Champion is usually better.
Selling point of apogee is the very strong 360 shields and flux stats for a low OP cost.
Beams do not need use that much flux and if you are far away the worse shields are probably fine (also get 1250 vs 750 armor and 10K hull vs 9K).
In return you can focus 1L + 2M + 4S + a cyclone reaper forward, with high energy focus to boot. That beats 1L + 2S quite badly, even for 25 OP.
11 DP HEF Sunder also works well.

Makes sense. I switched back to Plasma Cannon.

Apogee

[close]

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2021, 10:38:37 AM »

*Tempest stuff*

How about this?
Tempest
[close]
Hm, I'd generally drop the sabot rack in favor of more capacitors, boost the thing's survival rather than its burst damage. But you could make an argument for keeping it if the Tempest has an officer with missile spec.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Ship loadout collection
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2021, 10:42:21 AM »

Built in heavy armor is also excellent on Tempests. It doesn't make them tanks, but it lets them take some light hits without instantly dying. I also think the -10% maneuverability makes them easier to fly, but that could just be my old person lack of reflexes.

Adex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2021, 02:02:57 PM »

I updated many of the builds in my original post. I removed Efficiency Overhaul from most of the ships, now they all have Solar Shielding instead, lol. A hullmod that gives useful bonuses to both combat and logistics just seems too good to pass up.

Any further feedback would be appreciated. I may also expand the post later with additional ships.

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2021, 03:42:17 PM »

I got physically ill from seeing this loadouts.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2021, 05:22:04 PM »

Burvjradzite thats really rude and not helpful. If you have suggestions or see problems feel free to share in a constructive manner.

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2021, 06:30:59 PM »

Forgive me. It's first thought that comes to my mind and by being in a mood i let it be. The loadouts just differs in so many ways with that I used to see. And known from experience it's hurts because i used similar loadouts then i first started with this game. Now i see this loadouts as generic. I'd like to see some that will expand my understanding of the very class of a ship, loadouts just looking on which borns immediate necessity of trying them myself. Like SO mora with perdition or pack of glimmers or scarabs with antimatter. I've cut dreams of Apogee and Odyssey being a combat ships a long ago.
Pages: 1 [2] 3