Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega's Minimash V1.92 .54 compatible Thanks to xenoargh  (Read 284166 times)

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega's Minimash V1.61
« Reply #285 on: April 08, 2012, 09:05:15 AM »

Which i have, there is no starfarer.log file or folder anywhere on my computer as far as i can tell

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 08, 2012, 09:08:04 AM »

Which i have, there is no starfarer.log file or folder anywhere on my computer as far as i can tell

C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starfarer\starfarer-core\starfarer.log

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 08, 2012, 09:33:21 AM »

I presume you have not used a mac before, or at least not used lion, because macs are not set up that way, there is a logs folder in the starfarer package, but it is empty...

which is why i said i can't find the starfarer.log file, because there is no .log file.

Another thing, i have managed to get another mod, the weapon pack, into my game and it runs without any problems.

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #288 on: April 08, 2012, 01:36:52 PM »

When mod authors are declaring file paths, often what happens is they forget that non-windows systems are both case-sensitive and require solidus "/" instead of reverse-solidus "\".

They then test their mod understandably on only their machine and release it; but anyone on Mac and Linux will be unable to use it.

As a general policy, use all lowercase characters for filenames and folders, and use solidus (forward slash) for all directory separators.
That way, all your mods will be compatible with all systems, and you won't get people thinking the problem is on their end, or that "Macs can't run mods" - because the mod author is to blame.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 08, 2012, 05:42:13 PM »

Just downloaded the new version and started using it... Got the Hobbler at start and figured I would try it out... I thought I was doing amazing as I took out two dual frigate fleets with no damage taken... Then I got caught by a small carrier fleet and thought I was doomed... But as i was fighting I saw a missile that I felt for sure was going to hit me just pass through me, then I noticed that while the enemy was strafing me they were not shooting at me, other than missiles... So basically the Hobbler is pretty much invisible as far as the AI is concerned. They know I'm there, but can't shoot... And if you bump into another ship the whole thing goes black...

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 08, 2012, 05:45:05 PM »

Just downloaded the new version and started using it... Got the Hobbler at start and figured I would try it out... I thought I was doing amazing as I took out two dual frigate fleets with no damage taken... Then I got caught by a small carrier fleet and thought I was doomed... But as i was fighting I saw a missile that I felt for sure was going to hit me just pass through me, then I noticed that while the enemy was strafing me they were not shooting at me, other than missiles... So basically the Hobbler is pretty much invisible as far as the AI is concerned. They know I'm there, but can't shoot... And if you bump into another ship the whole thing goes black...

K ill take a look at it. Im about to release a another update later today.

I took a look and the problem was the collision raduis was never set.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:48:12 PM by craftomega »

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2012, 06:58:05 PM »

just use my hobbler :)

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »

V 1.7
-Added new ships and starting ships.
-Added Trade Scavengers.
-fixed a few bugs and gliches.
-Updated nomads to 0.7

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 08, 2012, 07:38:23 PM »

also just finished a elite boomer. it has way better shields and is jammed packed with weapons, had to make it a cap ship.

EDIT: of course 5 seconds after new version :(

[attachment deleted by admin]

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 08, 2012, 08:05:50 PM »

also just finished a elite boomer. it has way better shields and is jammed packed with weapons, had to make it a cap ship.

EDIT: of course 5 seconds after new version :(

Ya your timing sucks... It was kinda of amazing how bad your timing was.

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Omega's Minimash V1.7
« Reply #295 on: April 09, 2012, 09:16:29 AM »

Hmmm so any changes to balence that need to be made?

Late game?

Early game?

Different starting ships?

Faction balences?

Ship balences?

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 09, 2012, 09:27:59 AM »

i think that the alien ship with 14 large energy and 800 OP is very over powered, you can put 14 lances with tons of extra OP and it is fast too for chasing.

Also I find waaayyyy too many of the alien capital ship by itself without enough crew. recently my strategy has been to get a hyperion and just wait until i can run up and get a free alien capital ship that is just running away from everything and without any crew.

You should buff the amount of crew that the aliens start with esp. because it takes 2000 crew to man it.

EDIT: is there a way to see all of the starting ships or do i need to just make a whole bunch of new games too see, a list of all the starting ships would be nice. (either in forum or maybe just like a list in the mod)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:29:50 AM by Cordacc »

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 09, 2012, 09:34:22 AM »

i think that the alien ship with 14 large energy and 800 OP is very over powered, you can put 14 lances with tons of extra OP and it is fast too for chasing.

Also I find waaayyyy too many of the alien capital ship by itself without enough crew. recently my strategy has been to get a hyperion and just wait until i can run up and get a free alien capital ship that is just running away from everything and without any crew.

You should buff the amount of crew that the aliens start with esp. because it takes 2000 crew to man it.

EDIT: is there a way to see all of the starting ships or do i need to just make a whole bunch of new games too see, a list of all the starting ships would be nice. (either in forum or maybe just like a list in the mod)

Lol ok Ill see what i can do with the aliens.

Also its the player.faction file.

Start2

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 09, 2012, 10:09:53 AM »

Lol ok Ill see what i can do with the aliens.

Also its the player.faction file.

Start2
I honestly think it's too overpowered, I mapped out all the mounts on it, DeathSG set up the stats.

"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 09, 2012, 11:47:45 AM »

Faction balences?

Nomads.
In the beginning there is a huge swarm of them all over the map, and late game there is only one tiny nomad fleed every once in a while (which gets instantly destroyed by someone).
This results in it being near impossible to get one of their capital ships - in the beginning you're too weak to defeat them and late game you don't encounter any.

Late game?

The "huge" ships:
- Alien Behemoths: Very common sight.
- Tri-Tachion Omega: Very rare, only seen 2 or 3 times throughout multiple savegames.
- Oort-Fortress: Only seen once in a Hegemony Capital Fleet (and it was right at the beginning of a game).
- Scrapper Homeworld-Class: Not seen even once in any fleet.

I would suggest that fleets with Omega/Oort/Homeworld become more common late game (and maybe add a stronger alien fleet that isn't just behemoth and a few weakling small fries), as I've found there is not enough of a challenge once you have acquired a huge ship yourself.
With the exception of large Hegemony/Mercenary Fleets that have 4 or more capital ships, you can defeat any opponent just with your flagship without taking any hull damage - thus there is not much to do after getting one of these huge ships.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:54:13 AM by Shoat »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44