Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1  (Read 434181 times)

unlitoutsource

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1
« Reply #360 on: January 27, 2024, 10:20:51 AM »

Hello,

I want to try out your mod. However, it fails to load on linux. The reason is inconsistencies with lower- und uppercase filenames.

For instance, when the game loads into the main menu, it tries to load the graphics file tahlan_percale_cover_r_normal.png
However, within the mod, the file is stored as tahlan_percale_cover_r_Normal.png
Within the mods graphics directory, most files have all-lowercase filenames, but there are a few exceptions.

Running the mod on windows, this is not a problem, as filenames are not case sensitive. example.png is the same file as Example.png
However, on linux, filenames are case sensitive (there are exceptions, but they do not apply to my system). example.png is a different file than Example.png.
That's why the game cannot find the graphics file, when you run the mod it on linux.

Perhaps you check the files in your mod and make sure all the filenames are all-lowercase.
Alternatively, you could check the filename references in the mod's code to make them case sensitive, so that they point to the correct files even if the filenames have uppercase letters in them.

Thx & Regards,

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 28, 2024, 02:32:15 PM »

Yes, I know linux has case sensitive file names and no, I can't be bothered to check all the filenames every time. I fix it when the occasion presents itself, but don't count on it ever being a priority, sorry
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

unlitoutsource

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 29, 2024, 07:35:23 AM »

Yes, I know linux has case sensitive file names and no, I can't be bothered to check all the filenames every time. I fix it when the occasion presents itself, but don't count on it ever being a priority, sorry

Don't worry. I just created a pull request on the gh repo, that makes all files in the graphics directory to be all-lowercase, so you don't have to.

Thanks & Regards,

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 14, 2024, 03:21:47 PM »

Anyone know if ScalarTech (and also Tahlan's Shipworks by chance) current versions function just fine in Starsector 0.97?

Onyx_sand

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 14, 2024, 08:59:40 PM »

Anyone know if ScalarTech (and also Tahlan's Shipworks by chance) current versions function just fine in Starsector 0.97?
Can confirm, been using both, works fine on 0.97a with no issue for me

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 14, 2024, 09:52:23 PM »

Can confirm, been using both, works fine on 0.97a with no issue for me

Wonderful!  Thanks for the info!

balordezul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 04, 2024, 09:46:55 AM »

Does giving blue prints to Silvys Renham do anything besides making her happy?  I'm not to far into play through with ScalarTech but I have maxed out Silvys's rep and only at 29/100 with Negasi Hygiea. Just checking to see if I should keep an eye on her or if this is something that is not feature complete yet.  I don't need any spoilers.

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 09, 2024, 10:08:48 AM »

Working on 0.97 just fine.

A classic one, fits almost any playthrough. I really like weapons and fighter wings from this mod. stitch looks ugly on sunder though *cough* In terms of ScalarTech ships, I personally tend to overuse Tress and Strand carriers. Sateen is kinda under-fire-powered for a capital, but on manual control is really fun to play with. Top 1 small faction mod for sure, feels like a non-invasive DLC for vanilla+ run, incredible.

Reaper+ torpedo is worth to be mentioned separately, at least by using size 6 font

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 09, 2024, 11:03:52 AM »

Working on 0.97 just fine.

A classic one, fits almost any playthrough. I really like weapons and fighter wings from this mod. stitch looks ugly on sunder though *cough* In terms of ScalarTech ships, I personally tend to overuse Tress and Strand carriers. Sateen is kinda under-fire-powered for a capital, but on manual control is really fun to play with. Top 1 small faction mod for sure, feels like a non-invasive DLC for vanilla+ run, incredible.

Reaper+ torpedo is worth to be mentioned separately, at least by using size 6 font

Sateen is just a battlecruiser. Trades firepower for speed and flux cheese

Somerandomguy16123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 09, 2024, 12:02:33 PM »

So uh with recent rule changes, what will happen to Nia Tahl who was known to have on few occassions a code that could very well be in blunt breaking of the recent rules about "Good citizen behavior". Like with those stealth nerf codes that caused certain factions to be straight up OP against certain other factions.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 09, 2024, 12:24:01 PM »

So uh with recent rule changes, what will happen to Nia Tahl who was known to have on few occassions a code that could very well be in blunt breaking of the recent rules about "Good citizen behavior". Like with those stealth nerf codes that caused certain factions to be straight up OP against certain other factions.

Hi, welcome to the forums - I see you joined just yesterday. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the forum rules.

If you have a moderation concern, use the "report to moderator" button, and do not post in threads like this. This is the second (edit: third) time you've done this.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 01:25:46 PM by David »

blackcatvn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 09, 2024, 06:23:31 PM »

Just want to hop in and say thank you for this great and balance mod. Hope that we will get a unique Gown someday :3.

Niten

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 11, 2024, 05:07:30 AM »

Is there update in plans for 97a r11 ?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 11, 2024, 02:02:31 PM »

mod works fine on 0.97a, I just cba to do release for a single line change in the mod info file

JamesTripleQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 11, 2024, 03:41:50 PM »

I just cba to do release for a single line change in the mod info file

Well that and the new weapon maps but yeah it's kinda fair.

Any chance we might see a colony crisis or maybe even substance.abuse support at some point?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27