Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1  (Read 434427 times)

Sisko93477

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9
« Reply #330 on: November 24, 2023, 06:53:08 AM »

What should I do to get a kimono?To defeat a IBB or HVB with kimono in it?

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 24, 2023, 11:14:36 AM »

What should I do to get a kimono?To defeat a IBB or HVB with kimono in it?
Yes. Kimono is in a hvb from pirates so look in pirate bars.

Sisko93477

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 24, 2023, 06:19:08 PM »

Thanks!

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 28, 2023, 12:45:44 PM »

This is kind of a weird idea but I was wondering if it would be logical for the ED Shipyards Terrier weapons delivery drone to be able to rearm ScalarTech ships that they are from since ScalarTech carriers warp their strikecraft in from a planetary base and thus would be receiving munitions not from themselves but from wherever the drones are warping in from?

Enervana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 13, 2023, 08:41:55 AM »

Hi, started a run playing this faction, really nice work.

There's a typo in Silvys Renham description given the first time you interact with her on Charkha.

"a feet made possible by her ageless artificial form,"
feet should be feat.

Likablenascent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 13, 2023, 08:47:11 AM »

"a feet made possible by her ageless artificial form,"
OR Maybe?  ??? ??? ???

Nothh888

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 13, 2023, 12:59:28 PM »

I love this mod, I can't escape it! After trying ships from every base game faction and from sooo many modded factions I keep coming back to the Banshee. It's literally the most fun ship to pilot I've ever tried. The ship system feels so good to use, especially how you can use it to turn on a dime. You might be a big wide manta ray of doom but you can suddenly be pointed in a completely different direction with all of your forward facing firepower. It has a nice skill ceiling to work up to because it shuts down your shields as well, so the shield management creates a challenge that needs to be solved. A very satisfying, rewarding and versatile ship.

Thanks for making my favorite ship in all of Starsector and the expanded Modiverse!

OperaWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 14, 2023, 12:28:45 AM »

Did a 100% ScalarTech only campaign a few weeks ago. Was absolutely awesome. Such pretty ships, and all the EMP was glorious.

Bartelemys

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 16, 2023, 10:03:53 AM »

Hello everyone, I have a slight issue with one of the Scarlatech ships. It seems like the Sateen battlecruiser doesn't use its missiles when piloted by the AI. I tried hullmods, tried using the Gunnery mod to force it, yet the AI is adamant about not using them at all. It is not a huge issue since with three Baste Ion Dischargers and two Stitchette Beamlances, it can easily stunlock and whittle down quite a few ships, it's just too bad it doesn't use the missiles to accelerate fights. Takes a bit of time without it. Other than that the mod is awesome, love the design.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 10:05:37 AM by Bartelemys »

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 16, 2023, 03:19:25 PM »

Have you tried placing the missile weapons in the same weapons group as the Bastes or other guns?  This "should" force them to fire whenever the guns that the missiles are grouped with fire.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 16, 2023, 03:24:51 PM »

Did a 100% ScalarTech only campaign a few weeks ago. Was absolutely awesome. Such pretty ships, and all the EMP was glorious.
I love this mod, I can't escape it! After trying ships from every base game faction and from sooo many modded factions I keep coming back to the Banshee. It's literally the most fun ship to pilot I've ever tried. The ship system feels so good to use, especially how you can use it to turn on a dime. You might be a big wide manta ray of doom but you can suddenly be pointed in a completely different direction with all of your forward facing firepower. It has a nice skill ceiling to work up to because it shuts down your shields as well, so the shield management creates a challenge that needs to be solved. A very satisfying, rewarding and versatile ship.

Thanks for making my favorite ship in all of Starsector and the expanded Modiverse!

It is an amazing mod!  I always join Spindle in my games!

Bartelemys

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 22, 2023, 10:36:46 AM »

Have you tried placing the missile weapons in the same weapons group as the Bastes or other guns?  This "should" force them to fire whenever the guns that the missiles are grouped with fire.

I don't remember if I did, and I'm not in front of my gaming computer (holidays and all), but I'll see when I get back. Although I would say that it doesn't really solve the issue. Furthermore, I use Tear missiles, meaning that, even at medium size, I don't have a lot of ammo (is that eight of them ?). I'm not sure I want the AI to spend them so liberally. I fixed the problem by not using the Sateen at all, which is a shame since it makes for a great frontline holding ship. I'm just bummed to see it not using the equivalent of dozens of points of equipment. Maybe the real issue comes from the number of mods I use, in which case Scarlatech isn't responsible and I just need to accept it. Don't know.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 10:39:22 AM by Bartelemys »

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 22, 2023, 01:50:03 PM »

I don't remember if I did, and I'm not in front of my gaming computer (holidays and all), but I'll see when I get back. Although I would say that it doesn't really solve the issue. Furthermore, I use Tear missiles, meaning that, even at medium size, I don't have a lot of ammo (is that eight of them ?). I'm not sure I want the AI to spend them so liberally. I fixed the problem by not using the Sateen at all, which is a shame since it makes for a great frontline holding ship. I'm just bummed to see it not using the equivalent of dozens of points of equipment. Maybe the real issue comes from the number of mods I use, in which case Scarlatech isn't responsible and I just need to accept it. Don't know.

I think ultimately it might just come down to how conservative the AI is with missile weapons that have finite ammunition.  I've noticed that when equipping my AI ships with some missile systems that have regenerating ammunition that they use those missiles a lot, so that's generally what I try to equip on those ships in my fleet.  That said, unless you have mods that provide a greater variety of those kinds of missiles it might not be possible to equip your ships with missiles for all situations that they won't be so conservative with.  I personally like some of the missile weapons provided by Machina Void Services and the VIC factions.  Diable Avionics also has a good regenerating one too.

Another thing might be captain aggressiveness.  I don't know if that can effect missile use frequency but might be worth a try too.

Bartelemys

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 22, 2023, 10:12:48 PM »

I think ultimately it might just come down to how conservative the AI is with missile weapons that have finite ammunition.  I've noticed that when equipping my AI ships with some missile systems that have regenerating ammunition that they use those missiles a lot, so that's generally what I try to equip on those ships in my fleet.  That said, unless you have mods that provide a greater variety of those kinds of missiles it might not be possible to equip your ships with missiles for all situations that they won't be so conservative with.  I personally like some of the missile weapons provided by Machina Void Services and the VIC factions.  Diable Avionics also has a good regenerating one too.

Another thing might be captain aggressiveness.  I don't know if that can effect missile use frequency but might be worth a try too.

Wait, I'm an idiot. I didn't remember the issue I had with the Sateen and assumed it was random missiles (and since I play a Scarlatech campaign, I simply thought of the Tear), but it is definitely the built-in missiles of the Sateen that don't work at all. Meaning it is not a loss of points, simply a waste of dps. To your point though, I already tried all that : aggressive captain, used the gunnery mod to force it to use the missiles on enemy shields, changed weapon groups, nothing. I have no issue with other ships and any missiles, but the AI doesn't use the Sateen's built-in ones. I'm not gonna make it a thing though, it's fine. Everything else works perfectly.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 23, 2023, 05:26:53 AM »

the built-in missile should be fixed under AI control in next update.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27