Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1  (Read 434298 times)

mudskipper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9
« Reply #315 on: September 14, 2023, 07:20:22 PM »

Is skirt really balanced? I am 100% bad at piloting, but just destroy everything while piloting this beast. And its system: it's a speed boost, it's damage, it's point defense, it's emp, it's 0 flux. Does it give its pilot a fresh baked pie every time it's used as well? (no negativity, just joking, awesome mod)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 09:00:34 PM by mudskipper »

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 14, 2023, 07:52:59 PM »

Is skirt really balanced? I am 100% bad at piloting, but just destroy everything while piloting this beast. And its system: it's a speed boost, it's damage, it's point defense, it's emp, it's 0 flux. Does give its pilot a fresh baked pie every time it's used as well? (no negativity, just joking, awesome mod)

It is really awesome but the ship does cost more DP than many destroyers. 

koko17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 05, 2023, 08:04:43 PM »

Playing with ScalarTech in my current game i got a bounty early on for the Silken Banshee.
I went to check it out but was no match for the banshee's fleet.
Now that I'm stronger and feel ready the bounty no longer exist, does that mean that I will not be able to fight her?
Is there any way to trigger the event again?

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 06, 2023, 01:16:40 AM »

Playing with ScalarTech in my current game i got a bounty early on for the Silken Banshee.
Now that I'm stronger and feel ready the bounty no longer exist, does that mean that I will not be able to fight her?

You can reset the bounty with the console (need the console commands mod and of course MagicLib): Magiclib_ResetBounty [bountyID] is the command you need (you can find the Banshee bounty ID with Magiclib_listbounties, but it should be tahlan_SilkenBansheeBty ). You'll need to get it again from scratch as usual in a bar.

koko17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 06, 2023, 01:49:55 AM »

You can reset the bounty with the console (need the console commands mod and of course MagicLib): Magiclib_ResetBounty [bountyID] is the command you need (you can find the Banshee bounty ID with Magiclib_listbounties, but it should be tahlan_SilkenBansheeBty ). You'll need to get it again from scratch as usual in a bar.

Great, thank you for the detailed answer!!

OmegaS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 06, 2023, 03:01:03 PM »

I've had to do some digging to find out just why Spindle and Diable start as friendly (effectively neighbors and little direct beef with each other), so I think the reasoning could stand to be explicitly stated either in the OP or somewhere in the mod itself.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 06, 2023, 03:09:29 PM »

I've had to do some digging to find out just why Spindle and Diable start as friendly (effectively neighbors and little direct beef with each other), so I think the reasoning could stand to be explicitly stated either in the OP or somewhere in the mod itself.

or just take it as it is? Maybe people can try thinking for themselves without needing everything spelled out for them for once.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

BFEL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 06, 2023, 04:13:22 PM »

or just take it as it is? Maybe people can try thinking for themselves without needing everything spelled out for them for once.
But NIIIIIIA, thinking is HAAAAARD
:P

OmegaS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 06, 2023, 05:06:13 PM »

Going through the files, I couldn't find a reason for them NOT to be constantly be at loggerheads.  Beyond the ideological incompatibilities, Diable only really 'gets along' with other exploitive ***.  I could see there being a Minimum Relationship to prevent war, but why would Spindle join them in wars of conquest?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 05:12:23 PM by OmegaS »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 06, 2023, 05:39:12 PM »

Going through the files, I couldn't find a reason for them NOT to be constantly be at loggerheads.  Beyond the ideological incompatibilities, Diable only really 'gets along' with other exploitive ***.  I could see there being a Minimum Relationship to prevent war, but why would Spindle join them in wars of conquest?

Nex, basically. The diplomacy and alliance system in simply is very binary. Either you're in an alliance or you aren't. It doesn't support nuances like non-aggression pacts which is what the Spindle-Diable-relationship is meant to be.

OmegaS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 06, 2023, 05:56:04 PM »

Nex, basically. The diplomacy and alliance system in simply is very binary. Either you're in an alliance or you aren't. It doesn't support nuances like non-aggression pacts which is what the Spindle-Diable-relationship is meant to be.
So its 'complain to Histidine for not having this feature', which he's certain to have heard before and won't cause it to change any faster.  Oh well.

Still, it would be nice to have the comment on the scalartech.josn to be a bit more informative of the intended situation, because 'Dreadnought Bros' leads me to think its about something about the modder's relationship with the person writing the other mod.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 05:59:27 PM by OmegaS »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 07, 2023, 01:37:13 AM »

random comments in files are just that. They aren't lore dumps

OmegaS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 07, 2023, 01:44:35 AM »

random comments in files are just that. They aren't lore dumps
Well, we could make a shared retaining wall joke then.

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 07, 2023, 02:01:50 AM »

Well, if you set a relationship limit (to mention other faction mods, like, for instance, the Interstellar Imperium has with the Hegemony and Iron Shell, Mayasura with the Hegemony, IS, the Church etc), you can avoid Spindle and Diable ever getting into an alliance. Like, limit it to +20, +40 tops perhaps. Now that you made me think of it, I'm probably gonna do it myself for my future runs: I anyway always use operatives to keep their relationship neutral as indeed them getting into a full blown alliance feels a bit inconsistent with their characterization, might as well set it from the beginning and avoid having to babysit them.

PaladinOne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 25, 2023, 09:14:44 PM »

I've been having an odd problem with the Stitch Beamlance

I have an Equality (from High Tech Expansion) with an Aggressive officer piloting it, with four Stitch Beamlances on the front four L slots, and I've noticed that the ship has a very strong tendency to just, friendly fire. Like, on now several occasions, the ship has put a full Beamlance magazine into a friendly ship that happens to be in the path of the beam (which, if it's a friendly frigate, often just outright kills it)

I'm not sure if the AI thinks the Beamlance thinks it has the "shoot over allies" targeting property of missiles or PD lasers, but after seeing it happen a few times I'm getting concerned.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27