Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 112

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1124964 times)

MN64

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks
« Reply #1620 on: March 09, 2024, 01:33:06 PM »

Its also good to remember that back then it wasnt code that bricked your entire save file on purpose.  It was still inexcusable but it was called out fixed and everyone has moved on from that.  If you went and dug up the skeletons everyone has in their closets there would probably be about three mods left to download.  It is important to call things out when you see them but to drag up old stuff that has been dead for ages doesnt really help anyone.  Besides the new forum rule makes it perfectly clear that all of this in any form is no longer tolerated and will be swiftly dealt with without debate or waffling from now on like it always should have been.

I wasnt and still am not real happy about any of this kind of drama from whenever or whoever it came from since it sets such a bad precedent but holding it over peoples heads is not something thats a healthy thing to do.  I wont forget it happened and still have some lingering bad feelings around it all but nothing nearly as bad as this recent episode.  They all crossed the line but the last few days we all saw a guy pole vault over it.

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 09, 2024, 01:34:33 PM »

So uh with recent rule changes, what will happen to Nia Tahl who was known to have on few occassions a code that could very well be in blunt breaking of the recent rules about "Good citizen behavior". Like with those stealth nerf codes that caused certain factions to be straight up OP against certain other factions.

Why are you bringing up something that happened forever ago? This feels like bait to me.

Expect an influx of Redditors that live and die by the drama when they should, actually, go touch some grass.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 09, 2024, 01:52:57 PM »

So uh with recent rule changes...

Alright everyone, chill out please. I missed this other post, which makes three posts in two days made by a new account in order to harass mod creators via public concern trolling.

1. User Somerandomguy16123 is banned for harassment, trolling, and brigading.
2. Also, jeez people: please use the dang "report to moderator" button when you see this kind of thing.

MN64

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 09, 2024, 01:56:27 PM »

Oh damn didnt know the guy was running around doing this everywhere or i would have reported.  Sometimes these kinds of questions are just questions.

Haka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 09, 2024, 05:00:56 PM »

Removed ages ago. If you want, I'll apologise once again for that. It was incredibly poor judgement on my part and I have since made sure to avoid any such practices, knowing full well I was entirely in the wrong.
Not necessary, instead, what about the artillery that's stuck in Rubicon if you run both this and Industrial Evolution? I don't feel like going through through of recompiling the source code, and really shouldn't have to seeing there is nothing about this interaction on the front page (only "support" for IndEvo features in an old Change log). Would be nice if there was some option to turn it off seeing it completely ignores the player's wishes to not have artillery because I really like having the Legio around.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 09, 2024, 05:06:11 PM »

Removed ages ago. If you want, I'll apologise once again for that. It was incredibly poor judgement on my part and I have since made sure to avoid any such practices, knowing full well I was entirely in the wrong.
Not necessary, instead, what about the artillery that's stuck in Rubicon if you run both this and Industrial Evolution? I don't feel like going through through of recompiling the source code, and really shouldn't have to seeing there is nothing about this interaction on the front page (only "support" for IndEvo features in an old Change log). Would be nice if there was some option to turn it off seeing it completely ignores the player's wishes to not have artillery because I really like having the Legio around.

This is a collaborative interaction to integrate IndEvo features with this mod, replacing the planetary shield that would be present without IndEvo. Artillery is a feature of IndEvo and if you don't like it, I suggest not running IndEvo in your modlist. I'm afraid it isn't feasible for me to provide toggles for every possible feature or cross-mod interaction, but you always have the option of disabling the Legio Infernalis in their entirety or just not running Tahlan Shipworks and IndEvo in combination.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

JamesTripleQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 09, 2024, 07:50:45 PM »

I think they are referring to the fact that if you disable artilleries/minefields in the indevo settings, the ones in Rubicon still spawn regardless.

SolariumOnTheMoon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 09, 2024, 07:56:47 PM »

So I read the Illustrious and Imperator prompts and now its time to put on my tinfoil hat.

Nightwatch sounds like a Domain era black ops group that survived the collapse but ended up as Blackwatch. How did Blackwatch come to be though? Did they Split from Nightwatch or did the Post-Collapse sector require such a radical change in their operating doctrine that they decided to rebrand and become Blackwatch? What if its none of those and Nightwatch is dead and Blackwatch is just a bunch of cosplayers emulating their favorite group!? My evidence supporting this theory is the Archdaemon core. You see Legio uses Alpha cores but do you truly believe that they dont know the dark secret of Blackwatch? NO! they know but to turn against them after finding out the truth is the ultimate sin(2 Peter 2:21-22) and the ones who cant handle that dark truth break under the mental strain of it all and become Archdaemon cores. Its so over Legio bros how can I carry on knowing this and to be the only person that was able to see it? Knowledge is truly a curse and a blessing. Dont worry Nia I will always love the mod even knowing the truth.

Haka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 09, 2024, 07:58:31 PM »

I think they are referring to the fact that if you disable artilleries/minefields in the indevo settings, the ones in Rubicon still spawn regardless.
Sadly, I think they already understand that.

This is a collaborative interaction to integrate IndEvo features with this mod, replacing the planetary shield that would be present without IndEvo. Artillery is a feature of IndEvo and if you don't like it, I suggest not running IndEvo in your modlist. I'm afraid it isn't feasible for me to provide toggles for every possible feature or cross-mod interaction, but you always have the option of disabling the Legio Infernalis in their entirety or just not running Tahlan Shipworks and IndEvo in combination.
"Collaborative interaction"? So, let me get this straight, Artillery is a feature of IndEvo, and one we can turn off despite the author's insistence we lack skeletal calcium, and that's the reason its not modular and stays on no matter what in your mod?

The worst part is this was already asked about in IndEvo's thread, and the onus was kicked over here. So on top of being insulted for playing the game the way I want (by IndEvo), I get forced by a mod I highly enjoy to use (and even use ships as reference when doing my own spriting sometimes myself because they're impeccable) to still deal with that same thing. I really hope this back and forth between sharing mod functions wasn't something intentional to "make players suffer" because its funny. I've already seen another part of the "collaborative interaction" in IndEvo with the Legio Infernalis, and honestly looks like it could be very interesting or very "Force you to play the game a certain way", depending on how its integrated.

That said, admittedly, IndEvo would be the mod getting the axe if I have to choose, and I enjoy that one too. Its garbage that I have to choose, but even more garbage that if something in a "collab" doesn't check for a variable value to see what the player themselves chose in the other mod its collaborating with and just forces it in.

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 09, 2024, 09:45:02 PM »

Haka, fyi, you can technically disable mines and artillery by changing "chance to explode" to 0.00 and setting artillery cooldown to extreme values. Cross-mod settings could be difficult to support due to lack of common core mod, some change might fully brick the compatibility.

Lack of calcium is a funny offense indeed, I really need some features from IndEvo but tend to disable art/minefiels as well. There are fun suffering mechanisms, those in IndEvo are not. Ik it's a wrong thread to talk about IndEvo though.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 09, 2024, 10:06:02 PM »

Cleaned up an off-topic post. @hidefreek: please don't do that.

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 09, 2024, 11:04:58 PM »

Cleaned up an off-topic post. @hidefreek: please don't do that.
okay

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 10, 2024, 03:19:03 AM »

Ah, okay, I could look into that maybe. Hadn't considered there being an IndEvo toggle for that

I really hope this back and forth between sharing mod functions wasn't something intentional to "make players suffer" because its funny. I've already seen another part of the "collaborative interaction" in IndEvo with the Legio Infernalis, and honestly looks like it could be very interesting or very "Force you to play the game a certain way", depending on how its integrated.

Legio system is very much intended to be a fortress, being a boss lair and all, and using the IndEvo defenses is my preferred avenue for that since, unlike planetary shields and the like, it offers more interactive counterplay rather than just boosting the stats of planets further etc.

And "making players suffer" is just a general design aspect of Legio being intended as a dedicated challenging OpFor, which is why it's optional in its entirety.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

JamesTripleQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 10, 2024, 05:07:23 AM »

Ah, okay, I could look into that maybe.

Nice, btw I noticed that the 3 Red Guard ships and the Hresvelgr X still appear in the codex when all other special/bounty ships don't. Super minor thing I know but still thought I'd let you know.

vesparco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 10, 2024, 09:55:31 AM »

I am playing with the mod in 0.97a.  After one renaming of a "normal" graphics file is running well on linux. The only issue is that I have found the rosenritten capital vessel but the blueprint spawn is not happening. Can I force it to happen?
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 112