Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 112

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1125482 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks
« Reply #1605 on: February 19, 2024, 05:02:51 PM »

corrupted download does sound like the likely culprit there, yes

Mod should run fine on 0.97 btw, haven't done an official update yet since I have a bunch of things in the oven in my local build
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

fecdan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 27, 2024, 08:44:56 PM »

Mod should run fine on 0.97 btw, haven't done an official update yet since I have a bunch of things in the oven in my local build

Looking foward to it!!!

Astrefernal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 28, 2024, 04:20:32 PM »

A quick question concerning Kassadar, and NOT THE ONE WE ALL ASK FOR :

Is there a way to negate the malus when you colonise one of the claimed Planets ?
Like, does it stay forever ? Do we need a good relationship with the independents ? Or do we have to conquer/destroy Kassadar ?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 28, 2024, 04:42:17 PM »

Stays forever. The condition is specifically meant to foul those planets since Independents aren't normally territorial and offering an easy colony system in every playthrough was something I wanted to avoid.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 29, 2024, 11:52:42 PM »

Out of curiosity do you have any idea if the next update for this and ScalarTech are likely to break saves?  I'm tempted to start my first 0.97 game but I wouldn't want to have to start over in order to play your mod's latest versions.  No worries if you don't know yet!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 01, 2024, 01:29:54 AM »

Out of curiosity do you have any idea if the next update for this and ScalarTech are likely to break saves?  I'm tempted to start my first 0.97 game but I wouldn't want to have to start over in order to play your mod's latest versions.  No worries if you don't know yet!

Shouldn't break save with like 95% certainty. I have nothing planned that would break saves, anyhow

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 01, 2024, 03:54:57 AM »

Shouldn't break save with like 95% certainty. I have nothing planned that would break saves, anyhow

Sweet!  Thanks very much for the info!

Astrefernal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 06, 2024, 03:22:58 AM »

Stays forever. The condition is specifically meant to foul those planets since Independents aren't normally territorial and offering an easy colony system in every playthrough was something I wanted to avoid.

Ouch... A shame. Even more so with how hard it gets to make a player system without something trying to get you in 0.97.

First pirates. Easy enough.
Then Pathers because "TeCh Is bAd ! Reeeee !".
Followed by the League. "Join or else".
Use AI ? The Hegemony has something to say.
You produce fuel ? The Diktat raid your planets.
You have Industries ? Tri Tac want you to sign this contract without reading the fine prints.

Oh ! Forgot the Church "asking" for "volontary donations" to help protect the mass... Actually the lesser of those problems.

hal970

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 06, 2024, 04:53:03 AM »

Ouch... A shame. Even more so with how hard it gets to make a player system without something trying to get you in 0.97.

First pirates. Easy enough.
Then Pathers because "TeCh Is bAd ! Reeeee !".
Followed by the League. "Join or else".
Use AI ? The Hegemony has something to say.
You produce fuel ? The Diktat raid your planets.
You have Industries ? Tri Tac want you to sign this contract without reading the fine prints.

Oh ! Forgot the Church "asking" for "volontary donations" to help protect the mass... Actually the lesser of those problems.

To be fair, Starsector is basically "grimdark Feudal Dark Age in a space setting" and the player is basically plopped into the more "stable" period in a turbulent time.

Every faction is territorial with usually a "good" reason (from their perspective), is scraping to get by each month on the inside, and trying to look tough/pretty on the outside, in a section of space that is/was literally dying.

Trying to make by on your own is difficult even at the best of times, and will catch the attention of established factions.

Sort of like trying to make your own "mini-state/nation" in current times, in real life, with almost no preparations.

Government Monkey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 07, 2024, 02:08:20 PM »

Not sure if this has been said before but:

Disabling Lethia in the Tahlan_Settings.json does not disable Lethia in new saves. Previous versions disables fine, but not the newest version. I am also using the Java 23 mod if it matters.

Haka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 07, 2024, 03:19:56 PM »

Also, Rubicon system still has artillery even if its turned off in IndEvo, which I can see in the Rubicon.kt file as it simply being added directly to the system and ends up not being affected by the settings from IndEvo. Probably wouldn't touch it if it was Missile artillery personally, but found it annoying that there's no way to change it, not that I can find at least.

Wish I knew that interaction was there from the start.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 12:18:51 AM by Haka »

Xex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 07, 2024, 04:40:28 PM »

Sweet!  Thanks very much for the info!

I came to ask the same question!
Didn't update my files because I wasn't sure when I heard that they were working on new stuff!
Time to add this mod to my .97 list.

Somerandomguy16123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 09, 2024, 12:02:11 PM »

So uh with recent rule changes, what will happen to Nia Tahl who was known to have on few occassions a code that could very well be in blunt breaking of the recent rules about "Good citizen behavior". Like with those stealth nerf codes that caused certain factions to be straight up OP against certain other factions.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 09, 2024, 01:11:40 PM »

So uh with recent rule changes, what will happen to Nia Tahl who was known to have on few occassions a code that could very well be in blunt breaking of the recent rules about "Good citizen behavior". Like with those stealth nerf codes that caused certain factions to be straight up OP against certain other factions.

Removed ages ago. If you want, I'll apologise once again for that. It was incredibly poor judgement on my part and I have since made sure to avoid any such practices, knowing full well I was entirely in the wrong.

ddrake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 09, 2024, 01:29:13 PM »

Why are you bringing up something that happened forever ago? This feels like bait to me.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 112