Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 112

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1125068 times)

zero the big boy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks
« Reply #1560 on: November 03, 2023, 04:33:56 AM »

Hi, my archdaemon core administrators don't seem to have the daemonic warfare skill anymore. This is the first time I've used them in this playthrough and all that's changed between my last and this playthrough is I updated the mod. I also went from point six to point seven midsave but I don't know if that would do it.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 03, 2023, 04:43:19 AM »

Known bug, am aware
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

zero the big boy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 03, 2023, 08:18:12 PM »

CptBeacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 21, 2023, 08:44:47 AM »

Code
[Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/tahlan/maps/ships_normals/tahlan_DunScaith_dmn_Normal.png] resource, not found in [/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/A New Level of Confidence - 40 - Rapid,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Combat Chatter,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Console Commands,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Hyperdrive,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/LazyLib,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Leading Pip,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/LunaLib,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/MagicLib,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Missing ships,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Nexerelin,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/PMMM,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Progressive S-Mods,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/RotcesRats,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Salvage Ship Expansion 0.4.1,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Ship and Weapon Pack,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/SpeedUp,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Starship Legends,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/stelnet,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Support Ships,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/tahlan-shipworks-1.2.7,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Underworld,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/UAF,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/WhichMod,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/tahlan/maps/ships_normals/tahlan_DunScaith_dmn_Normal.png] resource, not found in [/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/A New Level of Confidence - 40 - Rapid,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Combat Chatter,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Console Commands,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Hyperdrive,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/LazyLib,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Leading Pip,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/LunaLib,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/MagicLib,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Missing ships,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Nexerelin,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/PMMM,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Progressive S-Mods,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/RotcesRats,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Salvage Ship Expansion 0.4.1,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Ship and Weapon Pack,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/SpeedUp,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Starship Legends,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/stelnet,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Support Ships,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/tahlan-shipworks-1.2.7,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/Underworld,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/UAF,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/WhichMod,/home/beacon/starsector/./mods/GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.util.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.util.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.void.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.loadTexture(Unknown Source)
at org.dark.shaders.util.TextureData.readTextureDataCSV(TextureData.java:220)
at org.niatahl.tahlan.plugins.TahlanModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(TahlanModPlugin.kt:65)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi! i'm getting an error while loading the game after adding the mod, am i using the wrong version? it's 1.2.7

sorry that log might not be the part you need, mine it's 40k lines long but seems to be the relevant part (?).

either way i hope it's just a dumb me error

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 23, 2023, 03:16:25 AM »

Known linux issue, fixed in dev

You can fix it yourself for now by renaming the tahlan_DunScaith_dmn_normal.png in the mod's graphics/tahlan/maps/ships_normal to tahlan_DunScaith_dmn_Normal.png (capital N in "Normal")
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

AlfonsReed

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 23, 2023, 09:12:26 PM »

.hello new to starsector but i've played games with similar core, intentional or not your mod fixed a common failure or drop point for this genre

this game type often follow a similar progression excluding it's narrative, the player often start poor, weak, and or insignificant
due to this starting point by default gives the players the drive to earn wealth because they were poor, amass strength cause they started weak, gain renown and or notoriety due to their insignificance at the start

but as one amass wealth it becomes worthless, money is valuable to the poor but the moment you hit a six digit cash flow it devalues money, there is little to no significance between seven, eight, and nine digits of wealth when you can afford everything at seven
this drop point in value is also true for the motivation to amass influence and strength

hit the rep cap then it's done

the moment you hit two to four optimized capitals with a pristine flotilla in your armada enough that you could roll ludd,hegy,tri,[Redacted] at any given day, the point where you are more worried about the CR attrition of redeployment rather than what ships your enemies are fielding, the value of having more or better ships and weapons is debased

there are two method often implemented to "re-ignite" the desire for strength either by expanding the world and upping the power level which is basically retro nerfing the player, or just outright nerfing the player by implementing new scale in which the player will have to start over again

your legio on the other hand keeps the player in constant check, even if we reach the point the we can roll any other faction, engaging a single legio fleet is a constant risk and a welcome challenge

their presence is not a nerf to the player either, on the opposite salvaging from a legio encounter makes rolling the other faction more hilarious

they offer a constant challenge without undermining the strength the players amassed, successful encounters with them actually vindicates the armadas we built and losses helps us optimize our build by pointing out the weak points of our set up

as i've said i've played a number of games with this core gameplay, but this mod is the first i've seen resolved one of the core drop points for this genre this effectively

CptBeacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 24, 2023, 09:07:46 AM »

Known linux issue, fixed in dev

You can fix it yourself for now by renaming the tahlan_DunScaith_dmn_normal.png in the mod's graphics/tahlan/maps/ships_normal to tahlan_DunScaith_dmn_Normal.png (capital N in "Normal")

woops, and that's what iget for not even reading the things, sorry for the bother mate, cheers mate

Kiba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 10, 2023, 10:43:48 AM »

small question, is there an additional way to get more available DP for automated ships than the one player skill?
Would like to use the Demon ships a bit more. Or are they supposed to be limited use, same as Redacted?

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 10, 2023, 01:03:52 PM »

small question, is there an additional way to get more available DP for automated ships than the one player skill?
Would like to use the Demon ships a bit more. Or are they supposed to be limited use, same as Redacted?

That's entirely due to Starsector's base settings since the Daemon ships are automated just like the Remnants.  I believe you can change the amount of DP for AI ships in one of the Starsector files by changing a value with Notepad or Wordpad.  Which file that is I don't know offhand though.  That's likely something you'd find in the Modding section of the forums.

Kiba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 10, 2023, 01:45:42 PM »

ok but there is no additional mechanic in the mod which makes it easier to use more of them? I just thought if the mod adds the option to use the demon ships, there is also some feature for that.
So I need to decided between Radiant or one of the Demon Bois

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 10, 2023, 04:58:11 PM »

All the options you get to toggle on/off are in the config file, found right as you open the mod's folder. Think you can also access those on the game's main menu through lunalib. And as far as I know, nope, nothing in there lets you change how many daemon ships you can field at once.

Edit: also, the daemons are literally intended as "remnants, but pirate boss fleets". That's it, really. Don't see why the author would need to make them easier to field than their vanilla (and less dangerous) counterparts.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 05:03:10 PM by A_Random_Dude »

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 11, 2023, 10:54:58 PM »

There's a 1.3 version noted in the changelog, but i cant seem to find any download for it. Is it still in development and only posted on the discord?

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 11, 2023, 11:17:12 PM »

There's a 1.3 version noted in the changelog, but i cant seem to find any download for it. Is it still in development and only posted on the discord?
Only on the main Github page (not on the 'Releases' page), and requiring the user to use the 'Download ZIP' option (click on the green 'Code' tab, it should be the last option on the resulting drop-down menu).

Kiba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 12, 2023, 09:04:25 AM »

All the options you get to toggle on/off are in the config file, found right as you open the mod's folder. Think you can also access those on the game's main menu through lunalib. And as far as I know, nope, nothing in there lets you change how many daemon ships you can field at once.

Edit: also, the daemons are literally intended as "remnants, but pirate boss fleets". That's it, really. Don't see why the author would need to make them easier to field than their vanilla (and less dangerous) counterparts.
yes I was curious if it was intended to be like that. But it makes sense, the Demons would be very strong in players hands, similiar to Remnants.
So for now I will not mess with config files etc and just play the mod as it is "meant" to be played. :)

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 13, 2023, 02:00:52 AM »

Only on the main Github page (not on the 'Releases' page), and requiring the user to use the 'Download ZIP' option (click on the green 'Code' tab, it should be the last option on the resulting drop-down menu).

That just gives a 1.2.6 version, which is actually outdated by 1.2.7.
whoops nevermind it does have new content. but its mod info is listed as 1.2.6.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 04:11:44 AM by Killsode »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 112