Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 112

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1125370 times)

Admiral_Daala

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks 1.2.2
« Reply #1530 on: October 04, 2023, 07:52:37 AM »

Anyone got any tips on running a full Rosenritter fleet? I tried going full leadership with wolfpack tactics and support doctrine with either the Traumanzer or the other battlecruiser kitted to be a command center flagship with level 5 (and some 7s) officers controlling all the silverblut regalia ships but I'm getting my butt kicked. AI just overwhelms me with ships and the AI for MY ships cower against their superior tonnage.

Since the NightSong (sorry, I'm very bad at german) Battlecruisers come equiped with electronic warfare (Eye of the Eagle) arrays that increase the combat performance of the regalias, the Rosenritter Fleet should be a heavy mech assault force. Be sure to put the Silberblut regalias under the command of your top level officers, which also add to their battlefield capabilities. As for the Traumtanzer... well, that ship is truly a nightmare (albtraum battlecruiser) as its name implies and should be your personal flagship under your direct control. Learn to micro it well and it becomes THE ultimate missile obliterator of doom from which few can survive, marking it as a DECISIVE SHIP able to save the day against all odds!  I see you already have it. If not, find it ASAP!

In terms of fleet composition, I usually field a maximum of two ships of each variant per fleet, tending to include everything the faction has to offer and equipping the combatants with loadouts from its faction's weapons, don't want to commit an act of HERESY otherwise. I like to give the spotlight to all the ships a faction has to offer, but that's just me, hate me or, well... hate me again.

When it comes to tactics, deploy no less than six Silberblut regalias (with aggressive officers) and at least a NightSong battlecruiser to anchor the fleet with two MoonLight (Mondlitch?) cruisers to help form a front battle line. To this add a Halbmond carrier in the rear with the gear to provide plenty of dorn missiles fire support and you should have a very worried enemy in front of you. I would also advice to take a Paladin Silverblut as your default engagement option to capitalize on its movility and swiftly flank and wreak havok among enemy targets. Learn to give orders and when to cancel them to your ships wisely, since oftentimes it is better to let them do their own thing than to force engagements or elimination orders. Also, don't overstep yourself as a general rule, not only with Rosenritter but with all fleet combat. Since you are expected as the player to gauge enemy fleet deathyness, you should begin picking battles in which you are, at least, not surpassed in number or heavily outgunned. As a last resort, UNLEASH the Traumtanzer and burn bright!!!

Might be a bit late but I have to ask, whats a Paladin Silverblut, none of them have mounts for a paladin PD system. Is there a translastion that im missing?

lustfull

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks
« Reply #1531 on: October 04, 2023, 03:30:06 PM »

Hello , is there a line of code I could delete about cavalry charge's ( and the Legio variant) effect? My laptop use AMD components and despite having Vram , those ship systems cause massive FPS drop.
I already has set renderShieldJitterEffect to false and put graphic libs to minimum.
Thank you in advance.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: October 05, 2023, 12:49:01 AM »

Hello , is there a line of code I could delete about cavalry charge's ( and the Legio variant) effect? My laptop use AMD components and despite having Vram , those ship systems cause massive FPS drop.
I already has set renderShieldJitterEffect to false and put graphic libs to minimum.
Thank you in advance.

Neither of those systems do anything special, so I have no idea what could possibly be leading to FPS drops here.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: October 05, 2023, 09:23:47 AM »

Legio using GH ship, is that intended?

Kaitol

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 05, 2023, 10:18:56 AM »

Did you sell them/pirates a blueprint for it?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: October 05, 2023, 10:25:31 AM »

Legio using GH ship, is that intended?

yes, for blackwatch fleets

FluxEnthusiast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 06, 2023, 10:57:25 AM »

Is there a Traumtanzer blueprint? The Halbmond didn't give it to me. I only ever found the single ship. Is the story supposed to end at the message which pointed to a constellation as containing something interesting? Is it Traumtanzer or something else because I already found it before the Halbmond and was wondering if its worth searching.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 11:01:36 AM by FluxEnthusiast »

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 06, 2023, 12:41:11 PM »

Is there a Traumtanzer blueprint? The Halbmond didn't give it to me. I only ever found the single ship. Is the story supposed to end at the message which pointed to a constellation as containing something interesting? Is it Traumtanzer or something else because I already found it before the Halbmond and was wondering if its worth searching.

The Traumtanzer is unique with no blueprint as far as I know.  If you find the Traumtanzer before the Halbmond you won't miss anything as the last part of the Halbmond quest just points you to the Traumtanzer's location.

cake

• Ensign
  • I'm so tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 06, 2023, 01:39:32 PM »

hey- this mod has casing and formatting errors
graphics/tahlan/maps/ships_normals/tahlan_DunScaith_dmn_Normal.png
graphics/tahlan/maps/ships_normals/tahlan_Castigator_pxiv_Normal.png
graphics/tahlan/maps/weapon_glib/tahlan_nibelung_cover_R_material.png
graphics/tahlan/maps/weapon_glib/tahlan_nibelung_cover_R_surface.png
graphics\tahlan\maps\weapon_normals\tahlan_aetnos_hp_base_normal.png

I'm still trying to get the game to work, so I haven't finished fixing and checking it
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 01:42:28 PM by cake »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 06, 2023, 02:06:21 PM »

hey- this mod has casing and formatting errors
graphics/tahlan/maps/ships_normals/tahlan_DunScaith_dmn_Normal.png
graphics/tahlan/maps/ships_normals/tahlan_Castigator_pxiv_Normal.png
graphics/tahlan/maps/weapon_glib/tahlan_nibelung_cover_R_material.png
graphics/tahlan/maps/weapon_glib/tahlan_nibelung_cover_R_surface.png
graphics\tahlan\maps\weapon_normals\tahlan_aetnos_hp_base_normal.png

I'm still trying to get the game to work, so I haven't finished fixing and checking it

known. Fixed in dev.

cake

• Ensign
  • I'm so tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 06, 2023, 03:12:55 PM »

thanks! took a second to set up, but it works
love your mods

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 07, 2023, 02:14:59 AM »

The Traumtanzer is unique with no blueprint as far as I know.  If you find the Traumtanzer before the Halbmond you won't miss anything as the last part of the Halbmond quest just points you to the Traumtanzer's location.

Yep, it's the unique version of the Rosenritter standard capital (for which you do get the blueprint). So no blueprint for the Traum itself (unless via other mods). Also, it's *especially* unique: it's a notable ship, like the Ziggy in vanilla, meaning it will cause your fleet to always be recognized by others. As, unlike the Ziggy, the effect is tied to its special hullmod and not the unique ship entity itself, I believe even if you had the blueprint any new Traumtanzer you'd build would have the same feature, which would feel a bit inconsistent.

A bit of a shame, imho, as it's a really annoying mechanic which makes me keep it in storage most of the time instead of actually using it, but heh, it's a very OP ship, I can understand needing to find something to balance that.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 11, 2023, 04:38:30 AM »

Updated with a whole pile of bugfixes.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 11, 2023, 12:22:54 PM »

Updated with a whole pile of bugfixes.
System still seems to be detecting it as v1.2.6?  ???

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 11, 2023, 12:53:29 PM »

Nia, your pack of ships is always a “must have” option when playing Starsector. I must say that one of your most successful ideas is the Rosenritter ship pack. He naturally screams about a plot that is simply begging to be realized - the restoration of the Space Knights faction with a funny German accent and a sharp rejection of injustice.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 112