Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 112

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1125374 times)

User_862

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks
« Reply #1485 on: September 01, 2023, 06:49:36 AM »

Oh well, thanks for answering.

Zuthal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 01, 2023, 03:27:39 PM »

Hi, 1.2.6 causes the game to immediately CTD on Linux due to filenames shenanigans.

Backslashes "\" are considered legit characters for filenames so code using it as folder designators on windows will refer to a file from the mod's root folder instead.
For example with a filename like this "graphics\tahlan\maps\weapon_glib\tahlan_aetnos_hp_base_material.png" loaded straight from the "tahlan-shipworks-1.2.6" folder.

Files from
graphics\tahlan\maps\weapon_normals\
graphics\tahlan\maps\weapon_glib\
are affected.

Not sure which files exactly or if it's all of them, after 3 positives I just made a script to create renamed copies of all of them in the mod's root folder.

Also filenames are case sensitives, caused issues from this:
graphics/tahlan/maps/ships_normals/tahlan_Castigator_pxiv_Normal.png
graphics/tahlan/maps/ships_normals/tahlan_DunScaith_dmn_Normal.png
graphics/tahlan/maps/weapon_glib/tahlan_nibelung_cover_R_material.png
graphics/tahlan/maps/weapon_glib/tahlan_nibelung_cover_R_surface.png

After processing the concerned files the game could start and ran properly.
Cheers  :)

The first issue also occurs on MacOS. Fortunately, the Finder has a mass-rename option that made applying the bandaid fairly painless!

w00d

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: September 04, 2023, 02:49:06 AM »

my main issues of the Legio ships when piloted by the AI has ..dubious abilities like unlimited Phase shift which completely broken,  a capital being able to phase in any desired direction making it faster than any other ship in the game is quite broken. And after capturing the same ship, they do not have the same ability of the Hel Time etc

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: September 04, 2023, 03:17:20 PM »

my main issues of the Legio ships when piloted by the AI has ..dubious abilities like unlimited Phase shift which completely broken,  a capital being able to phase in any desired direction making it faster than any other ship in the game is quite broken. And after capturing the same ship, they do not have the same ability of the Hel Time etc

Capital with unlimited phase shift?  Not sure I've ever seen that before.  Which ship is this and what version of Tahlan's Shipworks are you using?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: September 04, 2023, 03:36:00 PM »

Daemon ship systems are no different between AI use and player fleet use. A daemon ship with S-modded daemonic heart is identical to one fielded by the Legio, just without the DP-discount
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

w00d

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: September 04, 2023, 07:31:38 PM »

https://imgur.com/GVdzOQW

this one , the spatial jump is unlimited, has a short cooldown,. like 1 sec max and its the ship to just burst teleport in the direction as it wishes, it can outrun 300 speed frigates

using the latest Tahlan , it is laughably OP, 25 deployment points Capital with unlimited phase scoot and a lot of armament . I save scumed a few time's to see if i can capture it but no dice as it would be laughably broken in a players hands

EDIT : ok nm i got one from salvage and er yes it is totally broken lol  8)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 10:36:00 PM by w00d »

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: September 05, 2023, 08:14:42 AM »

Wait what that thing is 25dp??? Oh good lord... thats ass.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: September 05, 2023, 12:40:41 PM »

Is the Karma (D) class relic cruiser supposed to have 20 shield arc?

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: September 05, 2023, 01:57:59 PM »

Yep, all the relic ships do I believe.  The scary part is that they're quite powerful despite that.

BFEL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: September 06, 2023, 09:50:00 AM »

Oh god I've been having fun with this silly Kassadari Onslaught I've built.

I put on the Forced Overdrive hullmod and combined it with Lightweight Armor for more SPEED (not sure if that hullmod is from this or not)

But the real key is the stuff I found from Exotica Technologies. I put a "Penance Engine" on it, which disables shields (no problem there cuz forced overdrive) in return for REGENERATING ARMOR based on how many enemies are nearby. I then put on the Soil Nanites using hullmod from the mod that uses the colony items for hullmods, and now it regens hull too.

I then also threw on a "Drive Flux Vent" from exotica, which lets it use a teleport skimmer type ability.
For upgrades I put on Welded Armor and Infernal Engines to complete the design.

So now I have a ridiculous, zippy Onslaught that regenerates armor and hull for surprising tankiness.
This is my favorite ship ever.

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: September 08, 2023, 03:12:22 AM »

578907 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading variant [data\variants\tahlan_Acastus_fighter.variant]
578909 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\tahlan-shipworks-1.2.6 (data\variants\tahlan_Acastus_fighter.variant)]
578952 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [tahlan_Acastus] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [tahlan_Acastus] not found!

Fatal: Ship hull spec [tahlan_Acastus] not found! and can't star the game

BFEL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: September 10, 2023, 09:10:54 PM »

Running this with Industrial Evolution

Obtained Daemon ships
Have edited the value that determines if "unique" ships can be "reverse engineered" into blueprints in IndEvo
Get a hard crash when hovering over the reverse engineering tab when one of these are in there
Confirmed it doesn't happen with literally anything but Daemons

Did you do something that would cause this? Like, beyond normal blacklisting of the ships for that kinda thing? Assuming it's some weird interaction that would have to be fixed from their end, but posting here for completeness.

Soviet Tom Bombadil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: September 10, 2023, 09:32:19 PM »

I love finding those little guys. I learned pretty quick if the ship has a name related to Indian mysticism, DO NOT SCRAP IT.

Yep, all the relic ships do I believe.  The scary part is that they're quite powerful despite that.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: September 11, 2023, 02:17:30 AM »

578907 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading variant [data\variants\tahlan_Acastus_fighter.variant]
578909 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\tahlan-shipworks-1.2.6 (data\variants\tahlan_Acastus_fighter.variant)]
578952 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [tahlan_Acastus] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [tahlan_Acastus] not found!

Fatal: Ship hull spec [tahlan_Acastus] not found! and can't star the game

You forgot to delete the existing installation when you installed the new one. Just delete your tahlan shipworks file in mods then plop in a fresh one. Unfortunately it probably will not be save compatible.

Running this with Industrial Evolution

Obtained Daemon ships
Have edited the value that determines if "unique" ships can be "reverse engineered" into blueprints in IndEvo
Get a hard crash when hovering over the reverse engineering tab when one of these are in there
Confirmed it doesn't happen with literally anything but Daemons

Did you do something that would cause this? Like, beyond normal blacklisting of the ships for that kinda thing? Assuming it's some weird interaction that would have to be fixed from their end, but posting here for completeness.

Can you actually get the blueprints in the end if the reverse engineering finishes? if so, it probably is a bug. if not, nia's probably coded it for them to purposefully not work.

BFEL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: September 11, 2023, 03:26:41 AM »

Can you actually get the blueprints in the end if the reverse engineering finishes? if so, it probably is a bug. if not, nia's probably coded it for them to purposefully not work.

I have no idea because I can't see if the number put in there will actually give a full blueprint, or how long it would take to do so if it does. I suppose I could console in like 100 daemons and throw them in and manually count the days or such, but if say, 2 ships worth of "progress" were left over on a second or third blueprint I think even glancing at the tab would just crash things again. So I would basically be loading the game, waiting an unknown amount of days without saving, and then just quitting out without saving
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 112