Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 112

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1125180 times)

Naimod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks 1.2.3
« Reply #1425 on: June 23, 2023, 07:01:32 PM »

Not Rosenritter my dude. I want to make Kassadar my capital :D

Ah yep... The Great Houses of Kassadar. I think I've heard Nia grumbling in a not so friendly attitude when asked about that in the past,   :D

Don't even dare bring the subject to his attention because I kinda know what's gonna happen...  ;D ;D

At best, you could start a new campaign in Nexerelin with an errant Kassadari Inquisitor at the helm of a mighty Metafalica Battleship, then you could conquer Kassadar and make Lethia your home star system at the diplomatic cost of declaring war on the Independents. You could use further diplomatic effort to restore peace with them or turn political events the way you want for your campaign.

IIRC can't you make Kassadari ships via that automated shipyard thing where you sacrifice ships for better ships?

AnXel LG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 23, 2023, 09:58:27 PM »

Not Rosenritter my dude. I want to make Kassadar my capital :D

Ah yep... The Great Houses of Kassadar. I think I've heard Nia grumbling in a not so friendly attitude when asked about that in the past,   :D

Don't even dare bring the subject to his attention because I kinda know what's gonna happen...  ;D ;D

At best, you could start a new campaign in Nexerelin with an errant Kassadari Inquisitor at the helm of a mighty Metafalica Battleship, then you could conquer Kassadar and make Lethia your home star system at the diplomatic cost of declaring war on the Independents. You could use further diplomatic effort to restore peace with them or turn political events the way you want for your campaign.

IIRC can't you make Kassadari ships via that automated shipyard thing where you sacrifice ships for better ships?

Another way of getting Kassadari ships whould be placing a negotiator opperative in an Independent market (Prism Freeport is my favorite) and ordering a ship retrieval mission. IIRC there are quite a few Kassadari vessels available to the Independents that your agent could snatch for you. As for the Kassadari Weapons blueprint, I think it is included with the Metafalica start in Nexerelin? Question mark?    OR... NOT RECOMENDED but roleplay wise you could cheat via Console Command the Kassadari Ships blueprint if you don't have any luck finding it, which is, sadly, almost guaranteed to happen most of the time

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 27, 2023, 01:36:14 PM »

is it possible to beat legio unchained with under 240 dp?
Did any of you guys do it?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 01:45:34 PM by Tigasboss »

AnXel LG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 27, 2023, 11:18:32 PM »

I'm waiting for an Industrial.Evolution 0.96a update before starting a new run, so I haven't tried that yet. That said, I would advise to face the Legio toasters with their natural faction counter, the Scalar Tech Defence Force (certainly, Nia wouldn't let us down...). When I used a STDF strike group fielding 15 (yeah, I ignored my Golden Rule in this case) of their phase destroyers and an assortment of Spindle frigate classes, included the distinguished Skirt, with a typical faction weapons layout with an emphasys on Ion damage (Baste ion dischargers and such), the Legio Rising bounty was relatively easy to win. Be sure to ALWAYS use a Percale Phase Cruiser as your flagship to fight against the accursed Daemons, since it is one of the few ships with a highly enough energy and ion ALPHA STRIKE damage potential as to cripple and overload any cruiser class and below WITH ONE BLAST, or two. Give the annoying Daemons its ion medicine, especially the hounds and centurions, before they can cause disruption among your combatants. Even the dreaded Hel Scaith is marked for destruction if caught flanked and unaware of your presence, a very common situation. That assumes a specialization in energy weapons on the player side.

So give it a try. Swarm them with the Spindle version of the wolf pack. A very EMP pack that is certain to counter Daemon speed and deathyness. Set as your primary targets any Kodai Daemons you find and destroy them ASAP with a surprise attack from P-SPACE. They are the most dangerous Legio warmachines IMHO, but are often vulnerable to the rear.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 03:40:43 AM by AnXel LG »

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 28, 2023, 04:16:24 AM »

I'm waiting for an Industrial.Evolution 0.96a update before starting a new run, so I haven't tried that yet. That said, I would advise to face the Legio toasters with their natural faction counter, the Scalar Tech Defence Force (certainly, Nia wouldn't let us down...). When I used a STDF strike group fielding 15 (yeah, I ignored my Golden Rule in this case) of their phase destroyers and an assortment of Spindle frigate classes, included the distinguished Skirt, with a typical faction weapons layout with an emphasys on Ion damage (Baste ion dischargers and such), the Legio Rising bounty was relatively easy to win. Be sure to ALWAYS use a Percale Phase Cruiser as your flagship to fight against the accursed Daemons, since it is one of the few ships with a highly enough energy and ion ALPHA STRIKE damage potential as to cripple and overload any cruiser class and below WITH ONE BLAST, or two. Give the annoying Daemons its ion medicine, especially the hounds and centurions, before they can cause disruption among your combatants. Even the dreaded Hel Scaith is marked for destruction if caught flanked and unaware of your presence, a very common situation. That assumes a specialization in energy weapons on the player side.

So give it a try. Swarm them with the Spindle version of the wolf pack. A very EMP pack that is certain to counter Daemon speed and deathyness. Set as your primary targets any Kodai Daemons you find and destroy them ASAP with a surprise attack from P-SPACE. They are the most dangerous Legio warmachines IMHO, but are often vulnerable to the rear.
Yea i used an iron shell XIV fleet with an XIV Skysplitter as a flagship and used a similar strategy by using its big alpha strike potential to kill the hel frigates (specially the hounds *** those things) and managed to win the legio rising bounty only losing a few frigates, but on the unchained bounty they all have SO and the double tachyon lances+Annihilation protocol isnt enough to get through a lot of the bigger ships shields since it deals soft flux damage, and the hel retributions with SO are just plain broken lol.
Also im unfortunately not using spindle in this playthrough

AnXel LG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 28, 2023, 05:52:36 AM »

Yea i used an iron shell XIV fleet with an XIV Skysplitter as a flagship and used a similar strategy by using its big alpha strike potential to kill the hel frigates (specially the hounds *** those things) and managed to win the legio rising bounty only losing a few frigates, but on the unchained bounty they all have SO and the double tachyon lances+Annihilation protocol isnt enough to get through a lot of the bigger ships shields since it deals soft flux damage, and the hel retributions with SO are just plain broken lol.

So you now see the need to give'em plenty of ION love to those fiends. More so if the fleet is SO based. If they have no engines, they cannot escape. A possibility would be to grab a Phasegon Battleship (from Caymon's Ship Pack) and equip it with two gigacannons and 4 ion pulsers. I suppose that's as deadly as a Percale from Scalar Tech at least. If not, get a buncha Auroras and/or Oddyseys and do the same: Ion pulsers aplenty and expanded magazines (S-modded if possible) to have sustained firepower and deny the Daemons the chance to escape. Doom cruisers and Revenant destroyers similarly equipped could help to flank them. Phase ships have an easier time positioning themselves without fear of retaliation before unleashing their killing salvo. Wish you good hunting and tell us if you manage to melt their sorry bulkheads  ;D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 06:03:07 AM by AnXel LG »

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 30, 2023, 11:11:49 AM »

So you now see the need to give'em plenty of ION love to those fiends. More so if the fleet is SO based. If they have no engines, they cannot escape. A possibility would be to grab a Phasegon Battleship (from Caymon's Ship Pack) and equip it with two gigacannons and 4 ion pulsers. I suppose that's as deadly as a Percale from Scalar Tech at least. If not, get a buncha Auroras and/or Oddyseys and do the same: Ion pulsers aplenty and expanded magazines (S-modded if possible) to have sustained firepower and deny the Daemons the chance to escape. Doom cruisers and Revenant destroyers similarly equipped could help to flank them. Phase ships have an easier time positioning themselves without fear of retaliation before unleashing their killing salvo. Wish you good hunting and tell us if you manage to melt their sorry bulkheads  ;D
*** was too hard, i had to cheat and built a starfortress on the system the bounty was.
The reward was pretty neat though, too bad im on an iron shell playthrough so i havent the automated ships skill to go with it :/

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 30, 2023, 11:24:08 AM »

Im not sure if this is normal or if its a bug.
At the start of the game the Legio has a lot of their LI variant ships on their fleet, from castigators to broncos, etc but once they start spawning the daemons their fleet compositions change and they spawn a lot of normal pirate ships instad of their own along with the daemons.
Their fleets are composed by mules (both variants), Ventures (both variants), bentos, and other pirate ships with some daemons in the mix with very few LI ships. Is this intended, or is it a bug on my end?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 30, 2023, 02:19:06 PM »

At the start of the game the Legio has a lot of their LI variant ships on their fleet, from castigators to broncos, etc but once they start spawning the daemons their fleet compositions change and they spawn a lot of normal pirate ships instad of their own along with the daemons.
Their fleets are composed by mules (both variants), Ventures (both variants), bentos, and other pirate ships with some daemons in the mix with very few LI ships. Is this intended, or is it a bug on my end?

likely just an anecdotal oddity with how the fleet generation works
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 30, 2023, 10:24:44 PM »

I've noticed this as well in one of my older playthroughs, many massive fleets that are usually at least 60% Ventures and Mules. 

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 01, 2023, 01:50:30 AM »

It's not something I've ever observed, frankly. I'll keep an extra eye out in case something is actually off, but even after daemons become active, Legio fleets should still have a decent number of their normal ships.

The_Wolf_King

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 05, 2023, 12:57:29 PM »

I really love this mod and all the additions it makes.
However, I might have discovered a bug(?) related to the mod. On cycle 217 I began crashing when nearing the Legio Infernalis star system.
Here's a log dump of when I load the game and travel into "range" (2.6 Light years) of the star system, triggering a crash:

######################
34245 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 34
34245 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 35
34274 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 36
34274 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 37
34275 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 38
34275 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 39 - last
35649 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
36019 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Creating streaming player for music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
36019 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
36305 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel  - Created AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel: Orbital Habitat, faction: independent
38644 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel  - Created AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel: Domain-era Probe, faction: independent
40855 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.SurveyPlanetMissionIntel  - Created SurveyPlanetMissionIntel: Lithos, faction: independent
42878 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Cleaning up music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
43028 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Creating streaming player for music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
43028 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
43079 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot round NaN value.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot round NaN value.
   at kotlin.math.MathKt__MathJVMKt.roundToInt(MathJVM.kt:1132)
   at org.niatahl.tahlan.listeners.LegioFleetInflationListener$Companion.addSMods(LegioFleetInflationListener.kt:71)
   at org.niatahl.tahlan.hullmods.DaemonHeart.advanceInCampaign(DaemonHeart.kt:174)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.syncIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.sort(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.sort(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV3.createFleet(FleetFactoryV3.java:468)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.MilitaryBase.createPatrol(MilitaryBase.java:585)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.MilitaryBase.spawnFleet(MilitaryBase.java:522)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.spawnAndDespawn(RouteManager.java:622)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.advance(RouteManager.java:580)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreScript.advance(CoreScript.java:133)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With my limited ability to decode the log, I can only guess. But it seems like it is trying to add an S-mod to a Legio fleet through the "adaptive" mode, and this throws an error? I tried disabling it, with no luck.
In any case, thanks for the mod!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 05, 2023, 01:46:59 PM »

Known bug. Fix sometime this weekend probably.

The_Wolf_King

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 05, 2023, 02:19:13 PM »

Known bug. Fix sometime this weekend probably.

Alright gotcha, Sorry to be a bother. Wasn't aware it was known.

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 05, 2023, 09:13:04 PM »

Anymore blackwatch content coming down the pipeline in the near future?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 112