Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 115

Author Topic: [0.97] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1194815 times)

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks 1.2
« Reply #1395 on: June 11, 2023, 11:06:43 AM »

Hey there. I just wanted to chime in a bit.

I really do enjoy the mod! All of the cool ships you have added really do show an incredible level of creativity. Please keep making more!

I did have some observations though.

I love the Ristreza brand of ship. The base ship, the Cascadia and the Numestri are all so cool! I love the design of a frontal assault craft with a powerful ventral/spinal cannon. 

I couldn't help but notice, but did you reduce the power of the base vessels Glepnir cannon recently? I am finding it to really lack the punch that it used to have.

Similarly, the Cascadias missile barrage doesn't...really seem to do that much.  I almost feel like they are just there for show (and what a show!).  This ship is so hard to find, I would expect that they would be a little better at their job since they completely replace the second shot of the Glepnir AND completely replace the starboard and port small ports (making this ship very vulnerable to missile weapons)

The Numestri is another phenomenal ship, but I can't help but also feel that the weapon has lost some of it's punch. Since this ship is even harder to get your hands on than it was before, I can't help but think that it doesn't perform well enough to justify all the headaches in getting it. Am I missing something? 
Similarly, I would think that it's a modified Titanomachy laser, wouldn't it have similar high-flux-damage-increase properties with the Gigantomachy?

Obviously I also love the Rosenritter ships. Making such unique vessels so the player has his own 'fleet' to build his faction with is -endlessly- cool.  I don't actually have too many criticisms with their designs either!
Are there any plans for making more rosenritter designs? Maybe another smaller cruiser like the Mondlicht that has a large weapons bay?  Something to give me more of a reason to use the larger Rosenritter weapons.

I love the Lostech ships, but I miss the Lostech version of the Castigator. Is it possible to maybe make this ship accessible as a starting super ship?

thanks for all your hard work!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 12, 2023, 12:26:52 AM »

I couldn't help but notice, but did you reduce the power of the base vessels Glepnir cannon recently? I am finding it to really lack the punch that it used to have.

Nothing was changed

Similarly, the Cascadias missile barrage doesn't...really seem to do that much.  I almost feel like they are just there for show (and what a show!).  This ship is so hard to find, I would expect that they would be a little better at their job since they completely replace the second shot of the Glepnir AND completely replace the starboard and port small ports (making this ship very vulnerable to missile weapons)

Cascadia has multiple built-in PD weapons that mostly make up for the missing modular small mounts.

Are there any plans for making more rosenritter designs? Maybe another smaller cruiser like the Mondlicht that has a large weapons bay?  Something to give me more of a reason to use the larger Rosenritter weapons.

I love the Lostech ships, but I miss the Lostech version of the Castigator. Is it possible to maybe make this ship accessible as a starting super ship?

thanks for all your hard work!

No plans for either of these. Lostech Castigator is not coming back.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 12, 2023, 12:45:21 PM »

the menu mission just procedurally pulls all ships from the mod, including WIP things.

Yeah, it occurred to me that really the only reason I reported the issue is most likely because I've been messing with UAF and VRI a lot recently which are both very work-in-progress mods. I've been in the everything-is-WIP mindset so I didn't think twice lmao

On an unrelated note, do you by chance plan on adding any more native Kassadari ship designs (not refits [although I wouldn't say no to more of those LUL]) at any point? If you didn't plan on it, are you at least open to the idea? Not a big deal, it's your mod and I have fun with it as it is, but I have been wondering for a while if you might do that. I'd be interested to see what the rest of an old Kassadari fleet might look like beyond their Ristrezas.

you may not bring back lostech castigator but what about the absolutely balanced SCATHACH ??!?!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 12, 2023, 12:51:55 PM »

On an unrelated note, do you by chance plan on adding any more native Kassadari ship designs (not refits [although I wouldn't say no to more of those LUL]) at any point? If you didn't plan on it, are you at least open to the idea? Not a big deal, it's your mod and I have fun with it as it is, but I have been wondering for a while if you might do that. I'd be interested to see what the rest of an old Kassadari fleet might look like beyond their Ristrezas.

you may not bring back lostech castigator but what about the absolutely balanced SCATHACH ??!?!

no and no

Malignantcookie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks 1.2.1
« Reply #1399 on: June 17, 2023, 01:58:26 PM »

Odd bug report. Completely invincible Bento-class Destroyer, called LIV Pooka. Part of Legio invasion fleet. It takes no damage, just send fighters and shoots. Guns and fighters take damage from arc and AOE but anything else just acts like there is an invisible and unbreakable shield 360 degrees around the ship. Nothing hurts it. It refuses to retreat despite being the only thing alive. When I retreat to end battle, the fleet just keeps engaging even though there are only the Bento and fuel tankers. I know you want Legio to be scary, but this is just annoying.

Edit: Trying to get close enough to ram it, causes your own shields to die and your hull drops to 0. However, your ship doesn't blow up?

Edit 2: Fixed itself after I got away, invaded the planet the fleet had invaded. Fought them again, Bento no longer invincible. Don't know what caused it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 06:52:21 PM by Malignantcookie »

Tiogriver

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks 1.2.2
« Reply #1400 on: June 20, 2023, 10:35:30 AM »

I'm playing a mod pack with a vanilla feeling , i'm try to avoid too op ships , and until now i have fun with the Legio Infernalis , ofc now they are starting to scale out of control

My problem is the deploy reduction cost , as they can deploy some ships for very little dp , i end up against so many ships that is actually impossible to beat them (10 vs 50) on top of them be 2 or 3 times stronger then any of my ships (something that i actually enjoying)

the question is , can i change some code for remove that bonus ?, i tried to look for it and in a file called HyperCoordination.kt there is something that look like can be used , but anything i change there has no effect , is possible that Lunalib mod is blocking the change i making?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 20, 2023, 11:49:23 AM »

Not what you asked but have you seen the "Legio Hard Mode" in the config? And: You are capturing enough relays to have an equal amount of DP, right? Also possibly helpful: The last skill in the yellow category.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 20, 2023, 11:56:12 AM »

<the message>

1 - you're only editing the source files, you'd need to recompile the mod for the changes to apply
2 - that skill is (as far as I can tell) an unused player-only skill, editing it wouldn't do anything anyway

and adding to dadada's post; the legio also just get a lot of officers due to having AI cores (like the remnants), it's not particularly rare to be outmatched on that front.

Tiogriver

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 20, 2023, 12:37:09 PM »

<the message>
I'm already at my max amount of dp , and i have legio hard mode disabled , still my problem is just the swarm they can deploy as most of their ship will cost only 3/5/8 deploy points

@Ruddygreat

Tnx , i wasn't aware of the need to recompile it

Maybe Nia Tahl in future will be so kind to add a option to increase or reduce the deployment bonus, so ppl can better fit the mod to their mods pack

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 20, 2023, 12:59:53 PM »

I'm already at my max amount of dp , and i have legio hard mode disabled , still my problem is just the swarm they can deploy as most of their ship will cost only 3/5/8 deploy points

The effect only applies to Daemons and only the frigates and destroyers go down to costs that low. Idk what kind of fleets you're fighting that you're getting swarmed that badly.

Maybe Nia Tahl in future will be so kind to add a option to increase or reduce the deployment bonus, so ppl can better fit the mod to their mods pack

I will not. There are already plenty of tuning options.

Tiogriver

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 20, 2023, 01:19:09 PM »

The effect only applies to Daemons and only the frigates and destroyers go down to costs that low. Idk what kind of fleets you're fighting that you're getting swarmed that badly.
Most likely the problem is me rising the max amount of ships in fleets, i enjoy longer fight , when peak performance matter for more ships
but is fine for the other faction as they have the same limitation of me in deployment phase and the other ships come as reinforcement overtime 

I will not. There are already plenty of tuning options.
I understand , is just as rimworld player i love to have as much control i can on mods so i can mix and match them for the theme i going

Also.....tnx for the mod, is amazing, i enjoyed it a lot 

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 20, 2023, 10:36:49 PM »

The tooltip for chiral hull causes a crash, pretty sure I've got everything updated.
Spoiler
162999 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException: null cannot be cast to non-null type com.fs.starfarer.api.ui.UIPanelAPI
java.lang.NullPointerException: null cannot be cast to non-null type com.fs.starfarer.api.ui.UIPanelAPI
   at assortment_of_things.misc.UIExtensionsKt.getParent(UIExtensions.kt:16)
   at assortment_of_things.combat.hullmods.ChiralHull.addPostDescriptionSection(ChiralHull.kt:89)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$12.createImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.oÒ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacenew.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacenew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.ModWidget.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.return.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0OO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.L.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
[close]

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 21, 2023, 02:34:16 AM »

Wrong mod I think, Chiral and assortment of things sounds like: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=26260.0

E: I just quoted your post there. ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 02:36:19 AM by Dadada »

Arenji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 21, 2023, 03:22:21 AM »

Can you meet Louisa Ferre again after the first encounter? I already met her in my current playthrough from an older patch
Social auto-pilot is dangerous. Don't do it.

Howkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 21, 2023, 04:06:42 AM »

Version 1.2.2 makes me unable to load my save, works fine if i revert back to 1.2.1
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 115