Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1098739 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.7 - SUNDEREST!
« Reply #810 on: June 22, 2021, 01:18:39 PM »

Very nice mod with some super cool botes, but I found a bug in the tahlan_StormDriveAI script.

Line 71:
Code
return (MathUtils.getShortestRotation(angleToTarget, ship.getFacing()) <= DEGREES);
This will always return true on the ships left arc, as it produces a negative rather than positive value in that instance and as such will always be lower than the degrees value.

Solution:
Code
return (Math.abs(MathUtils.getShortestRotation(angleToTarget, ship.getFacing())) <= DEGREES);

huh. Might want to pass that on to Vayra since the code is just copied as-is from her.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Aer0-3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 24, 2021, 02:44:15 PM »

I'm having a CTD with the newest version because it seems a certain "tahlan_castigator_relic" ship is simply missing from the .7 version of the mod. I think this is the ark metallican (sp?) cruiser, but I'm not sure.

I didn't see anything in the changelog about castigators, so I assume this is unintentional? Or did my download break?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 02:46:42 PM by Aer0-3 »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 24, 2021, 02:54:19 PM »

I'm having a CTD with the newest version because it seems a certain "tahlan_castigator_relic" ship is simply missing from the .7 version of the mod. I think this is the ark metallican (sp?) cruiser, but I'm not sure.

I didn't see anything in the changelog about castigators, so I assume this is unintentional? Or did my download break?

It was soft-removed in the previous version. If you carried a save with it over from the version before that, it won't be compatible with newer versions.

Aer0-3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 24, 2021, 02:58:15 PM »

It was soft-removed in the previous version. If you carried a save with it over from the version before that, it won't be compatible with newer versions.

Interesting, I must have skipped over a version of the mod. Thank you for the quick response!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 04:00:32 PM by Aer0-3 »

Hauda

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 25, 2021, 12:28:07 PM »

Hi, thought I'd make an account just to let you know I can't use starsector without your mod! A must have for me, no questions asked.

Ah, I went to test out your changes to the Nibelung and it's variants and the -10 OP to large weapon mounts does not seem to apply (only tested the Armiger, Mjolnir, Alteria, Amboss + a random large energy so far) Also, the Nibelung_rg variant used to have +20 OP more than the regular ones but it didn't have that parallel targeting core, now it doesn't have that nor any extra OP, not sure if it was overlooked!

Thanks again for the awesome work!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 25, 2021, 03:09:06 PM »

Hi, thought I'd make an account just to let you know I can't use starsector without your mod! A must have for me, no questions asked.

Ah, I went to test out your changes to the Nibelung and it's variants and the -10 OP to large weapon mounts does not seem to apply (only tested the Armiger, Mjolnir, Alteria, Amboss + a random large energy so far) Also, the Nibelung_rg variant used to have +20 OP more than the regular ones but it didn't have that parallel targeting core, now it doesn't have that nor any extra OP, not sure if it was overlooked!

Thanks again for the awesome work!

Broadside mounts OP discount will be fixed next update. Nibelung RG wasn't changed at all, though.

Hauda

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 25, 2021, 03:26:51 PM »

Oh, I meant that pre-changes, the Nibelung's base and CRG versions had 280 OP but also had the parallel targeting core, the RG had 300 OP but no core. Now that you've changed things around you gave the base + CRG version +20 OP, but the RG one remained the same but without a boost of +20 OP as well. I just thought the RG could be down 20 OP from these changes you've made as I thought that ship was supposed to have more to make up for lacking the core thing. The N variant though, that has no changes either but it was always fun to use that as it was, but maybe that one could also do with a +20 OP to make up for the changes too? I'll leave that stuff up to you, I'm going to go try out the new battlecruiser!

Thanks again for the mod!

Wakarimast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 28, 2021, 03:36:57 AM »

The great houses ships just awesome!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.7.1 - Hammerheaderer
« Reply #818 on: July 02, 2021, 09:54:43 AM »

New update.
New bote.
New bugs?
Idk, have fun.

Changelog:

Spoiler
- Added Nelson-class Assault Cruiser
- Plucked a memory leak or two, probably
- Skybreak
   - Changed front medium turrets to energy
- Monitor (GH)
   - System dissipation boost changed to small speed boost
- Prism-related
   - Scathach no longer appears for sale at Prism
   - Repulse can now appear for sale at Prism
- Nibelung
   - Fixed Broadside mounts not properly applying OP discount to large weapons
   - Increased OP of RG variant by 20
- New visuals for GH and Legio engines
- Added Mercenary companies for Nexerelin
[close]

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 02, 2021, 11:23:07 AM »

For reference the special bounties are still disabled due to VS not being updated yet, correct?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 02, 2021, 02:33:23 PM »

For reference the special bounties are still disabled due to VS not being updated yet, correct?

VS handles the actual bounties so they aren't technically disabled, just the system that runs them isn't there.

HyperionSniper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 02, 2021, 08:20:25 PM »

I'd just like to say this is one of my favorite mods, and it has some of my favorite ships. Just killed a level 1 high-tech orbital station with a Cinderblade, a pirate Dominator, a Flagellator, and a small support carrier. I basically just used the others as shelter for my Cinderblade to vent, but they did strip the armor a bit. The Flagellators are probably my second-favorite after the Cinderblade, since the AI just smashes them into stuff, even without an officer, so I can easily nuke the rest of the enemy with a high firepower ship, which just so happens to match my playstyle perfectly.

By the way, is there a way to get a Cinderblade besides the custom start and Vayra's Sector(in which I'm assuming it's possible to get it by doing the 'custom bounties')? I'd like to have more of them because they're so awesome looking. Maybe they're just really rare, but I haven't seen them in Stellar Networks, so I'm assuming they don't spawn or just don't spawn often.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 03, 2021, 01:30:32 AM »

I'd just like to say this is one of my favorite mods, and it has some of my favorite ships. Just killed a level 1 high-tech orbital station with a Cinderblade, a pirate Dominator, a Flagellator, and a small support carrier. I basically just used the others as shelter for my Cinderblade to vent, but they did strip the armor a bit. The Flagellators are probably my second-favorite after the Cinderblade, since the AI just smashes them into stuff, even without an officer, so I can easily nuke the rest of the enemy with a high firepower ship, which just so happens to match my playstyle perfectly.

By the way, is there a way to get a Cinderblade besides the custom start and Vayra's Sector(in which I'm assuming it's possible to get it by doing the 'custom bounties')? I'd like to have more of them because they're so awesome looking. Maybe they're just really rare, but I haven't seen them in Stellar Networks, so I'm assuming they don't spawn or just don't spawn often.

It's a unique ship, so no

gamblerrus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 03, 2021, 07:01:19 AM »

Fisrst of all, Really big thx for this awesome mode.
Can you tell me please, after last patch, how can we obtain Scathach?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 07:50:32 AM by gamblerrus »

Grindfather

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 03, 2021, 09:49:27 AM »

Read the comment above, however I am having an issue for a different ship. Getting a fatal error "ship hull spec [tahlan_castigator_NC] not found.

What do.
Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 111