Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113]

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1137010 times)

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks
« Reply #1680 on: May 01, 2024, 11:35:41 AM »

This concerns a secret player character skill, so I'll put this in a Spoiler block.

Spoiler
The skill "Digital Soul" reads, in part: "Reduces Automated Ship CR penalty for piloted ship to 15%".

However, on the Refit screen for an Automated Ship, if my player character is sitting in an Automated Ship when I mouse over the Combat Readiness bar and press the F1 key, the various factors affecting maximum Combat Readiness include the following two lines:

Automated ship penalty: -100%
Digital Soul skill: -15%

It seems that either the skill description is wrong or the Digital Soul effect is wrong.  I'm not sure which.

I don't know if one of the other mods I'm running is interfering, here.  If needed, then I can try to test later with a new game using ONLY Tahlan Shipworks, Console Commands, and necessary dependencies.
[close]

Unrelated to the above issue, the 1.2.7 version contains the following line in the mod_info.json:

"version":"1.2.6",

Thank you for this modification, by the way!  :D
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 01, 2024, 01:02:37 PM »

Spoiler
What's the total max CR on the ship in question? If it's 100%, there's some funky business going on with the code currently that will result in a negative value being displayed.

It shouldn't actually cause a reduction of max CR, though. I'll have another look at that code when I get around to it.
[close]

I'm aware of the wrong version number in that mod_info, next version will change that anyhow.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 01, 2024, 02:28:34 PM »

Spoiler
Near 100%.  When I had the issue, the following were factors:

Reactive Subsystems Hullmod: +15%
Convicted Crewmates Hullmod: -15%
Automated ship penalty: -100%
Automated Ships skill: +100%
Combat Endurance skill: +15%
Basic maintenance: +70%
Crew Training skill: +15%
Hull Restoration skill: +15%
Biomutant: -10%
Digital Soul skill: -15%

Biomutant is from "Industrial Evolution" (I think; I have to double-check this).  Reactive Subsystems and Convicted Crewmates are from "Aptly Simple Hullmods".  With all of these, the total comes to 90%.

Dropping Convicted Crewmates should bring it up to 105%, which then gets capped at 100%; this is what I have now.  (Come to think of it, automated ships can't have a crew, convicted or otherwise, but that's an issue for a completely different mod author.)
[close]
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared

KD_621

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 04, 2024, 01:16:52 AM »

Hello, I'm not sure if i did this wrong but i tried to remove the Kassadari Claim debuff via console ("RemoveCondition tahlan_kassadariclaim") from one of my distant colonies and i ended up with this..

Spoiler
[close]

The duplicate debuff is because it didn't work the first time so i added it back via commands, then removed it again, whoops

Is there any way to fix this or is this colony just forever messed up?

Addicted Starfarer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 04, 2024, 04:11:04 AM »

Hello, I'm not sure if i did this wrong but i tried to remove the Kassadari Claim debuff via console ("RemoveCondition tahlan_kassadariclaim") from one of my distant colonies and i ended up with this..

Spoiler
[close]

The duplicate debuff is because it didn't work the first time so i added it back via commands, then removed it again, whoops

Is there any way to fix this or is this colony just forever messed up?

hmmm... have you tried sat bombing the planet via console commands, make a save then edit your save file via text editor, you can probably understand how it works just by merely pressing ctrl+f on your save and finding the name of the planet you want to edit, then you can probably remove whatever is causing this in the planets conditions section, the save files of starsector are easy to edit... though if I'm being honest this is pretty much cheating, once you learn this and will probably rob you of the genuine starsector experience if you abuse it (since abusing it includes being able to manipulate officer properties, planet conditions, type, market conditions, heck even alliance properties).

KD_621

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 05, 2024, 01:56:37 AM »

hmmm... have you tried sat bombing the planet via console commands, make a save then edit your save file via text editor, you can probably understand how it works just by merely pressing ctrl+f on your save and finding the name of the planet you want to edit, then you can probably remove whatever is causing this in the planets conditions section, the save files of starsector are easy to edit... though if I'm being honest this is pretty much cheating, once you learn this and will probably rob you of the genuine starsector experience if you abuse it (since abusing it includes being able to manipulate officer properties, planet conditions, type, market conditions, heck even alliance properties).

Used the "DestroyColony" command and the debuffs are still there so i went into the savefile and found the two lines of code giving it the accesibility debuffs and deleted and that seemed to fix it

Also i'm aware that console commands and save editing are both cheating, I'm only using them on my 'relaxed' saves where i just wanna do stuff in the game without stressing too much, that i reserve to my "hardcore" ironman save that i also occasionally play with

DorothySmith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 13, 2024, 06:22:57 AM »

I made a mistake but solved it after some time.

A_Random_Dude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 13, 2024, 06:51:52 AM »

Good job!
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113]