Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3055454 times)

malgrumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)
« Reply #5910 on: March 23, 2024, 11:45:27 AM »

Got a slight issue with Midnight Dissonant and the nexuses she has me setting up, after setting them up i've noticed that for some reason they keep sending out fleets to sat bomb my colonies, is that intentional, a bug, some hardcoded thing to do with the base game or an oversight? my rep is 100/100 with MD and 80/100 with the [REDACTED] fleets so by all logic they shouldn't even be going after me from the VERY nexuses that i gave resources to the fleet that built them for the quest. I know it's the ones i gave resources to because of where the fleets leave (i make a note what system they are on a notepad doc so i know where they are relative to every other faction and mine) from and it's always enough fleets to make sure that even a starfortress and any defenders go down (just had one on my starter colony that had been given more defenses than fort Knox go down and that had a starfortress, planetary shield from the mod that adds that plus a defense fleet and two allied fleets orbiting and it still wasn't enough) and i loose the colony.

Not sure if anyone else has this problem but just thought i'd mention it.

MarcusTiberius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: March 23, 2024, 01:57:42 PM »

Is there any possibility of "stopping" the major factions starting new colonies?

I enjoy the exploration aspect before founding own colonies and the factions creep outwards pretty fast. It makes the core world more and more unimportant.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: March 23, 2024, 02:13:54 PM »

Is there any possibility of "stopping" the major factions starting new colonies?

I enjoy the exploration aspect before founding own colonies and the factions creep outwards pretty fast. It makes the core world more and more unimportant.

There are a number of options regarding this in the settings.json or lunalib configurations, if you're using that.  You can even set it so factions don't start colonizing until your first colony.

MarcusTiberius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: March 23, 2024, 02:32:12 PM »

Thanks, but could you elaborate forther? It is the first time I have looked at these files and I do not find the correct passages it seems...

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: March 23, 2024, 03:34:13 PM »

Go to starsector/mods/nexerelin/exerelin_config.json.  Edit the file with notepad or notepad++.

Look for the bolded line here.
Spoiler
    "factionRuler": false,  # gain same powers over a normal faction as you'd have with followers (probably not fully functional)

"corvusModeLandmarks": false,   # adds some decorative landmarks in non-random Sector (will always be present in random Sector)
    "useEnhancedStartRelations": true,   # nicer starting relations between factions in non-random sector; e.g. League and Diktat are now only welcoming instead of cooperative
    "useEnhancedCoreWorlds": true,   # increases defenses and/or economic capacity of some core worlds in non-random sector
    "useEnhancedAdmins": true,   # gives named NPC admins some special skills

"useCustomBattleCreationPlugin": true,   # affects things like map size and number of objectives

"officerDeaths": false,   # officer permadeath (may be buggy)
    "officerDaredevilBonus": false,   # 50% experience bonus for officers in a frigate, 25% in a destroyer

"stabilizePackageEffect": 2,
    "rebellionMult": 1,   # higher mult means unrest will boil over into rebellion more quickly

"maxNPCNewColonySize": 6,   # for new colonies created by colony expedition event
    "hardModeColonyGrowthMult": 0.75,
    "hardModeColonyIncomeMult": 0.9,
    "colonyExpeditionInterval": 270,   # days, starts in cycle 207; also note nex_expeditionDelayPerExistingColony in settings.json
   "colonyExpeditionsOnlyAfterPlayerColony": false,

"enablePunitiveExpeditions": true,   # if false, vs. competitor and free port expeditions will not happen (territorial ones still will)
    "autoResistAIInspections": true,      # default to resisting Hegemony AI inspections

"updateMarketDescOnCapture": true,   # change market descriptions to reflect new controlling factions (only affects some markets, in non-random sector)
[close]

Change false in the bolded section to true and when you next start a game, it should prohibit AI from making colonies until you do.  To find this line, you can open exerelin_config.json, hit ctrl + F, and enter something like "AfterPlayerColony", and you will search for that line.

However, if you have Lunalib installed, this will not work, as the Lunalib editor saves its own configurations.  You will need to click the lunalib configuration tool at the top left of the main menu after starting the game and edit the options from there.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 03:38:31 PM by Brainwright »

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: March 23, 2024, 05:51:36 PM »

Any chance you can add roaming fleets of Explorarium drones like there are Remnants? Mabye also make survey ship/mothership derelicts spawn fleets like Remnant nexuses do (toggleable in lunalib perhaps).

I have Domain Explorarium Expansion installed and I would like to see the new drones more often.
Hmm, this feature might be better off in another mod (like the aforementioned DED), but if I someday decide I want more derelicts around...

If you have <50 mods in your save, post the save and maybe I can finally figure out why this is happening. (Also tell me if strategic AI is on/off)

Potential quick workaround is to enter in console: CreateAlliance player independent, this alliance won't be joinable by (most?) other factions so they shouldn't try.

I have more than 50 so I wont torture you with my save, but strategic AI is on. What is the expected behaviour when an alliance request is rejected? Is there supposed to be a grace period before they ask again?
Yeah it's supposed to wait 120 days before the same faction can ask again.
HOWEVER I found reason to believe the check isn't actually being used :-X (edit: or is it?)
I'll set up a test case and investigate.

I've been thinking more about this and I feel like the best solution here could be a lunalib/config option that disables ai factions from offering alliances to the player themselves and instead forcing alliance offers with the player to be initiated by the player, all other requirements for such an alliance remaining the same. As it stands the expected behavior you stated is much better then what I have right now, but it still means I'm getting the "you're being invaded/attacked" notification sound every 120 days (per faction).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5916 on: March 23, 2024, 07:46:44 PM »

Got a slight issue with Midnight Dissonant and the nexuses she has me setting up, after setting them up i've noticed that for some reason they keep sending out fleets to sat bomb my colonies, is that intentional, a bug, some hardcoded thing to do with the base game or an oversight?
Nex Remnant relations haven't been integrated with colony crises yet. I'll make it so having Midnight as a contact will stop all Remnant contribution to crises.
For now don't accept any nexus construction jobs in a place you want to colonize, or sneakily kill the nexus afterwards (unlike normal Remnant fleets it doesn't always know who you are, so transponder-off works).

I've been thinking more about this and I feel like the best solution here could be a lunalib/config option that disables ai factions from offering alliances to the player themselves and instead forcing alliance offers with the player to be initiated by the player, all other requirements for such an alliance remaining the same. As it stands the expected behavior you stated is much better then what I have right now, but it still means I'm getting the "you're being invaded/attacked" notification sound every 120 days (per faction).
Good call, I'll add a setting.
(Also changed the notification sound to the default one while I'm at it)

malgrumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: March 23, 2024, 09:59:19 PM »

Nex Remnant relations haven't been integrated with colony crises yet. I'll make it so having Midnight as a contact will stop all Remnant contribution to crises.
For now don't accept any nexus construction jobs in a place you want to colonize, or sneakily kill the nexus afterwards (unlike normal Remnant fleets it doesn't always know who you are, so transponder-off works).

That's good to know all that, i'll hold off on accepting those for now then.

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: March 24, 2024, 04:20:23 AM »

How to disable alliance invites?
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

doujinftw96

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: March 24, 2024, 08:44:55 AM »

how do i get high value prisoner? and are there any file i can change to increase the chance for them to show up?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5920 on: March 24, 2024, 09:02:30 AM »

Per my previous post: "Potential quick workaround is to enter in console: CreateAlliance player independent, this alliance won't be joinable by (most?) other factions so they shouldn't try."
(turning off strategic AI off might also work)

how do i get high value prisoner? and are there any file i can change to increase the chance for them to show up?
They're random drops based on officers in the enemy fleets. The prisonerLootChancePer10Fp setting in exerelin_config.json modifies their frequency (I didn't add it to LunaLib mod UI, so you'll have to edit the file).

doujinftw96

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: March 24, 2024, 09:09:43 AM »

Per my previous post: "Potential quick workaround is to enter in console: CreateAlliance player independent, this alliance won't be joinable by (most?) other factions so they shouldn't try."

They're random drops based on officers in the enemy fleets. The prisonerLootChancePer10Fp setting in exerelin_config.json modifies their frequency (I didn't add it to LunaLib mod UI, so you'll have to edit the file).
thx so that where they from, i thought it from some sort of special salvage

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: March 24, 2024, 10:59:53 AM »

I would like something without such methods, just a button to turn it off, thanks for the answer, I’ll wait for more answers.
Ah, you are the last option, oke, tnx!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 01:14:13 PM by Sinigr »
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: March 24, 2024, 12:04:54 PM »

Histidine,
When you have some time I could use some help for a much requested modification to Hiver Swarm that delays their invasions by a year. I know there is a option in the exerelin_config that delays all invasions but I am trying to have that only effect Hivers. I know the command line, modifyinvasionGracePeriod,  I use is wrong in line 27 but it was a stab in the dark using the wording of the option in the config. Here is what I have so far in HIVERmodPlugin:
Spoiler
package data.scripts;

import com.fs.starfarer.api.BaseModPlugin;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.Global;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.PluginPick;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.CampaignPlugin;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.econ.MarketAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.characters.PersonAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.ids.Skills;
import data.scripts.world.HIVER_gen;
import exerelin.campaign.SectorManager;
import exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager;

public class HIVERmodPlugin extends BaseModPlugin {

@Override
    public void onNewGame() {
   boolean haveNexerelin = Global.getSettings().getModManager().isModEnabled("nexerelin");
   if (!haveNexerelin || SectorManager.getManager().getCorvusMode()){
            new HIVER_gen().generate(Global.getSector());
        }
    }
     @Override
 public void onGameLoad() {
    InvasionFleetManager.getManager().modifyinvasionGracePeriod("HIVER", 365);
}

}
[close]

Any help in this or if it is actually doable would be appreciated.
Thank you.

digitalizedMind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: March 26, 2024, 01:48:04 AM »

Ever since I last updated my mods, Midnight's Showdown mission has been buggy. If the nexus spawns any new remnant fleets during the battle, they will be hostile and chase the player. I don't remember having this issue in earlier versions of Nexerelin.

This time it happened however, ALL remnant fleets became hostile and started chasing me. This happened shortly after a small hegemony fleet fought the nexus, although it is still intact and I have not failed the showdown mission yet, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. And no, I didn't attack any remnant fleets, if I did I wouldn't be treating this as a bug.

Screenshot (all visible remnant fleets besides the nexus are hostile, despite the showdown mission being ongoing)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 01:50:01 AM by digitalizedMind »
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 399